Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

4 minutes ago, twoleftfeet said:

Cant be easy to choose Hamza for England when he isnt first choice fo City

To be fair I don't think anyone is saying Hamza should be a shoe-in, people are questioning why Declan Rice is a regular pick when he's absolute Doggo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, twoleftfeet said:

Cant be easy to choose Hamza for England when he isnt first choice fo City

I mean the man in his place is Nigerian, so dosent matter imo how many spurs/Liverpool squad players have turned out regularly for England in the last 6 years?

39 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I have absolutely no idea what Rice is meant to be. Can't pass, can't tackle. Positionally poor. Doesn't break into the box to score. Isn't great in the air. Isn't composed in possession. He's not a midfielder, he's not a centre back. No idea why there was such a rush to get him in the England team.

Been saying this for ages and nobody agrees with me, brings absolutely nothing to a game

few mates showed me a vid of him on f2 freestylers on YouTube, hard to not be impressed by his ability there but never seen anything close to that on the pitch (the f2 guys say he is one of the best, baffling)

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I have absolutely no idea what Rice is meant to be. Can't pass, can't tackle. Positionally poor. Doesn't break into the box to score. Isn't great in the air. Isn't composed in possession. He's not a midfielder, he's not a centre back. No idea why there was such a rush to get him in the England team.

Because English football still has some obsession with players in certain positions needing to have 'x' amount of physicality.

Brawn>Brains, still.

It's not logical. If the likes of Rice/Dier were good holding midfielders, they would have played their surely?

Two greats who have played the role, slightly differently, Makelele and Busquets.

The former was so good he actually had a role named after him.

The latter was pivotal in Spain's/Barcelona's dominance over past years.

Neither are 'failed' or 3rd/4th choice center halves.

Neither, despite Busquets size/height, are 'Units' or 'Hard men'.

They simply have footballing intelligence......A lot of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

For those saying that Ndidi is keeping him out of the team, note that today he played in Tielemans position, not Ndidi's, whose role was taken by Mendy.

Hamza does not have the range of passing or creativity that Tielemans does, but he was impressive in his display today because he did more than just make challenges. He made some nice forward passes, played one touch most of the time, turned on the ball and drifted between the lines. He got into good attacking positions too. Maybe Rodgers sees him as more of a box to box midfielder than as a destroyer, and I think that could be better for him because his engine is scarily good.

He may not get so many games this season, but next season with European football we will be playing many more games, and Hamza has shown he is capable of playing and not letting anyone down. A very good all round performance today!

Unfortunately,  for whatever reason, we haven't been seeing much in the way of creativity and the range of passing you mention from Tielemans for quite a while. Arguably it was precisely the steel and energy from Choudhury that would have been far more fitting in our two defeats rather than the formers recent lack lustre play. For me, Tielemans deserves to be on the bench and it's Choudhurys place to lose.

• Like 3

Guest An Sionnach
13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Unfortunately,  for whatever reason, we haven't been seeing much in the way of creativity and the range of passing you mention from Tielemans for quite a while. Arguably it was precisely the steel and energy from Choudhury that would have been far more fitting in our two defeats rather than the formers recent lack lustre play. For me, Tielemans deserves to be on the bench and it's Choudhurys place to lose.

No way you bring back Tielmans until he wakes his ideas up.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

For those saying that Ndidi is keeping him out of the team, note that today he played in Tielemans position, not Ndidi's, whose role was taken by Mendy.

Hamza does not have the range of passing or creativity that Tielemans does, but he was impressive in his display today because he did more than just make challenges. He made some nice forward passes, played one touch most of the time, turned on the ball and drifted between the lines. He got into good attacking positions too. Maybe Rodgers sees him as more of a box to box midfielder than as a destroyer, and I think that could be better for him because his engine is scarily good.

He may not get so many games this season, but next season with European football we will be playing many more games, and Hamza has shown he is capable of playing and not letting anyone down. A very good all round performance today!

Definitely. Wasn't it his pass from defence to attack that lead to the second too?

The fact he always seems to come in and look so sharp straight off the bat is such a huge plus for us in periods like this. 

• Like 2

I just heard BR talk about his performance improvement plan for Hamza. He wants him to add some sharpness and control on the ball with the addition of great passing ability.

have to agree he’s only going to get better and better! What a solid player we have in our armory.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I just heard BR talk about his performance improvement plan for Hamza. He wants him to add some sharpness and control on the ball with the addition of great passing ability.

have to agree he’s only going to get better and better! What a solid player we have in our armory.

In youth football he was always splitting teams with his passes, if he can add that he'll be an England regular.

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

In fairness, whilst I think he played very well, a large proportion of his forward passes were cut out by West Ham. There was improvement in that area though, as with the pass for the second goal. I do think it's odd he hasn't been brought on as a sub more to close out games, but I'm sure there are many good reasons for that.

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I heard that in in BRs post match interview too. I love how he seems to have clear instructions for each player on how he expects them to improve. It's so important they keep on developing rather than feel they've made it by reaching the first team. 

It may seem obvious but appears to keep those players motivated and ready when they do get their chance.

• Like 1