Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

There was a really pleasing moment in the second half when West Ham were looking to break quickly. The ball came out from their deep left after an attack or corner - can't remember - but Hamza spotted the pass that was coming really early and moved like lightning to get tight to Antonio (I think). As he closed the gap, he positioned himself so that he'd take the ball if Antonio turned to the right, but he senses Choudhury there and turns the other way. 

Now earlier in the season, Choudhury would have been naive enough to go through the back of him and probably get booked, but instead he instantly turned and sprinted back into a defensive position that cut out the attacking options. It showed such speed of thought and movement for a young player. Most impressive. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, car1os said:

I’m not surprised by his pace, he’s shown it before...

Must not have taken much notice of that one, he is rapid. 

3 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

I heard that in in BRs post match interview too. I love how he seems to have clear instructions for each player on how he expects them to improve. It's so important they keep on developing rather than feel they've made it by reaching the first team. 

It may seem obvious but appears to keep those players motivated and ready when they do get their chance.

Yeah that's my favourite thing about him too. I wish we heard more of that with the u23s.

Got booed mercilessly when he came and whenever he touched the ball....he literally couldn't give a flying **** and then bangs in a worldie. 

Loved the reaction of the rest of the team when he scored and at the end of the game. Clearly a very popular lad.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 3

Didn't see the game today but I have thought for some time that Hamza can be absolutely top class.  If he played more, he could exceed the excellent N'didi.  But he could play further forward too.

Is Rodgers reluctant to play him with Chilwell and Barnes because of having too much inexperience?

Somebody quoted as saying it almost feels like a new signing, but this lad is doing exactly what he needs to do and that’s fight for his place .... superb goal today helps his case ten fold .... just please 😂 get a haircut, only joking (love the individuality of the guy ... you just keep improving and your world class!)

Rodgers was particularly pleased for Choudhury, whose stunning effort capped off a fine victory for the Foxes in Newcastle.

“It’s a special moment for him – his first goal for the Club – to have come through the system here, [he’s] been out on loan and involved with the first team,” added Rodgers. 

“He’s getting better in his football and he knows that’s something that I want him to improve on – his comfort with the ball.

“He can play, but it’s having that confidence to take it more. Also, if you’re playing in an eight, you’ve got to look to get up there to score goals and he showed today his technique.

“It was a wonderful finish and right in front of the supporters. It was a really special moment for him.”

I've been saying it for weeks, Rodgers sees Hamza as a box to box midfielder, not as a destroyer. So he's not competing with Ndidi for a position in the team, but with Tielemans and Praet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Rodgers was particularly pleased for Choudhury, whose stunning effort capped off a fine victory for the Foxes in Newcastle.

“It’s a special moment for him – his first goal for the Club – to have come through the system here, [he’s] been out on loan and involved with the first team,” added Rodgers. 

“He’s getting better in his football and he knows that’s something that I want him to improve on – his comfort with the ball.

“He can play, but it’s having that confidence to take it more. Also, if you’re playing in an eight, you’ve got to look to get up there to score goals and he showed today his technique.

“It was a wonderful finish and right in front of the supporters. It was a really special moment for him.”

I've been saying it for weeks, Rodgers sees Hamza as a box to box midfielder, not as a destroyer. So he's not competing with Ndidi for a position in the team, but with Tielemans and Praet.

I did wonder why he brought him on for Madders, I thought he was going defensive, but noticed how far forward Hamza was playing. Almost like Rodgers was testing him in that position in a game that was already over.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

i dont think that should be a surprise. hamza presses into areas of the pitch that wilf tends to not go anywhere near