Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

10 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Well like i said professional foul, takin it for the team. Im not a fan of fouling at all but thats a perfect world with just end to end attacking lol

difference of opinion i guess, to me Hamza made the perfect decision and of course it was never a red. 

Edited by don_danbury

Take off the fan hat and be honest - Hamza was lucky not to get a straight red there.  There may not have been an intent to injure but injury was certainly one of the possible outcomes.  It was a pretty vicious challenge.

I don't think Hamza is a dirty player.  But unfortunately all of these hard challenges that are taking guys off the pitch are getting him a reputation as one.  And once you're stamped with that and every ref in the league knows it, it's a label that never goes away.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Absolute out of order for Klopp to single out Choudhury like that. People make cynical challenges like that every game, doesn't mention Trent A-A does he? Also makes out we were dirty on Salah when I can't think of a tackle other than Hamza's. 

Hamza will get sent off this year, probably for something he doesn't deserve. 

Including Liverpool players who avoided yellows for it during that very game. More people need to call out this absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

The TAA challenge is no different to the Tielmans one against Bournemouth. No intent to injure, just clumsy. 

If I were Choudhury, I’d have done the same to Salah. Maybe it’s because we played football in a different era. It’s not a red, unless is denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. 

Here’s a few dodgy Liverpool challenges, that their fans seem to gloss over. How that VVD was never a red, I’ll never know! 

1DCF62A7-6E25-40E5-BBA2-496312C0519B.jpeg

2C0B3149-DBC0-4934-8495-FFDECFDBD510.jpeg

35D769E4-181E-4552-9423-ED8D1E25CABF.jpeg

EFA96729-B6BD-4814-B29B-9C1FFE425A9F.jpeg

6F5CE130-D786-4CEA-85D2-370B80D2B385.jpeg

• Like 2

Reading what Klopp said after the game, I was expecting to see Hamza making a Hayden style challenge on Salah

Got to remember in real time how quick Salah is. It was from behind and the correct decision was taken. You see Vards challenged lime that most weeks and never expected a red, unless he's through on goal and it's the last man. 

If Klopp is going to want a red cad for that, then every game someone will get sent off. We see one of these challenges down the KP almost every week, for and against us and a yellow card is correct.

I know why he's angry because he's injured his best player but it's not in the same bracket as Hayden's challenge last week, which was no doubt a red!

And to add; racism is not acceptable in any shape or form. I've seen some of the posts on Twitter aimed at Hamza and reported them. It's disgusting, just because someone does something people don't agree with doesn't give someone a right to be racist! Call them a twit or an idiot, but there is no excuse for using language like I've seen. I hope those people, mainly Liverpool fans get caught, given a ban from entering any football stadium and forced to attend courses to re educate them. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

As mentioned I was expecting a Roy Keane on Haaland style challenge the way Klopp was banging on about it until I saw it myself. It was a cynical trip and Salah was unfortunate to get injured but it was in no way malicious or dangerous.

TAA's was far worse and he knew exactly what he was doing to get away with it. The only people claiming Youri made the most of it are those who have never played football in their lives.

Edited by Nalis

It only looks bad because of the speed. In the slow you can see Hamza goes for the tackle exactly when Salah tabs the ball. Every game has these tackles, when someone breaks through the line and Man City and Liverpool have their fair share of them too, when their pressing game doesn't work. Its a clear yellow, but to be a red, he needed to be the last man or coming in studs first.

Klopp needs to calm the hell down, especially when his team grind out 2 extra points on a 50/50 penalty decision. I must applaud Klopp the football coach, but on the human side of things, he lost me plenty of times with his weird rants. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Bit unfortunate to injure Salah but terrible tackle well worthy of the yellow. 

As I've said before he’s doing himself no favours  at the moment and earning himself a reputation. 

All good saying he doesn’t need to change his game until he gets sent off in a game we need to win.

What a snowflake post.

It was a mistimed tackle. It wasn't nasty, it wasn't dangerous and it was far from the worst of the day.

If the ref had pulled Salah up for the "nasty" push on Soyuncu seconds before - which was clearly a foul - it wouldn't have even happened.

He doesn't need to change his game unless you want a team that doesn't try to tackle at all.

29 minutes ago, FIF said:

What a snowflake post.

It was a mistimed tackle. It wasn't nasty, it wasn't dangerous and it was far from the worst of the day.

If the ref had pulled Salah up for the "nasty" push on Soyuncu seconds before - which was clearly a foul - it wouldn't have even happened.

He doesn't need to change his game unless you want a team that doesn't try to tackle at all.

FIF vs Manwell. This won't end well... 

• Haha 1

A few people have already said this, it’s a technical foul, no malice intended he took a card for the team. Man City, Liverpool do this week in, week out, this is basic game control. Any player with half a brain would do that. 

Klopp is just using diversion tactics to take away from Mane diving and winning by a dodgy penalty. 

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Bit unfortunate to injure Salah but terrible tackle well worthy of the yellow. 

As I've said before he’s doing himself no favours  at the moment and earning himself a reputation. 

All good saying he doesn’t need to change his game until he gets sent off in a game we need to win.

It a tackle that will be made time and time again this season, where a player takes a booking to stop a counter attack, is it unsporting, yes, is it a professional foul, yes. Is it a terrible tackle no.

You will see Miller, Fabinho, make similar tackles this season for the same reason. Salah is unfortunate that his foot get stuck under Hamza trailing leg.

It's a non story, classic defection for a manager.

Guest An Sionnach

I am pretty sure Klopp would love Hamza in his own squad , every successful team needs a midfield destroyer , our problem is we can' t leave Wilf out for him . They are different types though , Hamza can get forward and play creatively . This kid has turned up fully formed , he is not learning the game , he is a de luxe version of Robbie Savage , we are so lucky to have him.

51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It a tackle that will be made time and time again this season, where a player takes a booking to stop a counter attack, is it unsporting, yes, is it a professional foul, yes. Is it a terrible tackle no.

You will see Miller, Fabinho, make similar tackles this season for the same reason. Salah is unfortunate that his foot get stuck under Hamza trailing leg.

It's a non story, classic defection for a manager.

Its a lack of control that concerns me that most other tackles of that nature have and is part of a on going thing with him where the way he is going in on people does not actually comply with the rules of football. I agree that ones a yellow, but it’s an issue.  Especially modern day when you don’t get away with half of what you used to be able to, and he is getting a reputation which is not going to help the situation.

Now certain idiots who aren’t even worthy of a reply who can not actually read what I post properly can hope he continues to mame and injure opponents (Salah is now the third in four months I think) come up with irrelevant excuses like there was a foul in the build up etc and we can have others celebrating the fact he’s injured Salah and actually post they hope Salah is sidelined for lengthy period of time (a new low in classless) but when all is said and done it is our team that will suffer when we are down to ten men in an important game, he’s sending off in the U21s Euro’s is a prime example,  The way he goes in at times is often red card worthy and if he doesn’t control his tackles better he will struggle to hold down a starting place for us with Ndidi capable of doing the job of breaking up play in the middle without being a walking red card risk.

Notice that when Hayden was sent off for the ridiculous challenge against Praet, there was no hate campaign from the Leicester fans and Rodgers didn't attack him in his post match interview either.

Yet in an incident the ref and VAR deemed a yellow; the Liverpool boss and fans attack and then racially abuse Hamza. 

Same following the Newcastle game in the cup.

The FA needs to step in, no way can a manager come out and attack a player in the press with the number of idiots who take that as a call to racially abuse the player online. 

Time for everyone to grow up.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 3