Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Hamza could develop into a midfielder formidable in the centre of the park, and he already looks good there, but the problem there is Praet. Sadly I doubt Brendan is going to prioritise Hamza's development over the current better options as happened with Chilwell, when Fuchs was the better option but in the long term Chil's development was more important. If Praet and Ndidi keep him out of the team I'd loan him out, although we tried that before and he refused and successfully fought, albeit under academy friendly Puel, his way into the first team.

He’s a family man and has a young kid so i’d expect him to want to stay close  to home if he does at all sanction a loan move. Far too good for the championship so maybe Villa?

Just now, Foxxed said:

Hamza could develop into a midfielder formidable in the centre of the park, and he already looks good there, but the problem there is Praet. Sadly I doubt Brendan is going to prioritise Hamza's development over the current better options as happened with Chilwell, when Fuchs was the better option but in the long term Chil's development was more important. If Praet and Ndidi keep him out of the team I'd loan him out, although we tried that before and he refused and successfully fought, albeit under academy friendly Puel, his way into the first team.

Praet is a completely different player competing with a completely different set of players for a place, he's much more attacking than Hamza. 

His issue is when we only play with one holding player Tielemans and Maddison you tend to go for Ndidi every time and the big difference between the Chillwell Fuchs sitiuation is Chillwell was sort of an understudy to Fuchs where as Ndidi is practically the same age as Hamzer and, at the moment, is ahead of him in a number of departments.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

If we get European football (especially if we end up in Europa) Hamza will see more than enough minutes. As it is, however, his oppurtunities this season will be limited. I still would like to see him in "easier" games, especially once the front three start to click better.

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

So you'll never criticise any decision of the coach as long as the ultimate result is a win? Say, we play miserably for three games and barely win them all, then play nearly flawlessly and lose, and the only game you'll allow yourself to criticise will be the loss? I mean, whatever floats your boat. I can't relate though

Why are you now assuming I’ll never criticise any decision of the coach as long as we win? Stop getting your knickers in a twist over differing opinions, I can relate to your opinion as I’ve said in a previous post, but on 2 separate occasions the manager made a decision and by hook or by crook  it worked, it’s fact.

Why you’re deciding to comment on when I decide to criticise I really don’t know, just enjoy the season we’re in a great place right now.

And if criticising floats your boat then that’s fine.

13 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Why are you now assuming I’ll never criticise any decision of the coach as long as we win? Stop getting your knickers in a twist over differing opinions, I can relate to your opinion as I’ve said in a previous post, but on 2 separate occasions the manager made a decision and by hook or by crook  it worked, it’s fact.

Why you’re deciding to comment on when I decide to criticise I really don’t know, just enjoy the season we’re in a great place right now.

And if criticising floats your boat then that’s fine.

I'm just trying to understand your own point of view, not trying to undermine you. To me, 

14 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

the manager made a decision and by hook or by crook  it worked, it’s fact.

this is you stating that you won't criticise the manager for something that clearly resulted in losing control of the game and flirted with dropping points, because of the result. We won in spite of a mistake from Rodgers (albeit an understandable one so I'm not too fussed about it really), and in my mind, that's not a decision working, that's luck pulling us through. That's why I made the assumption that you won't criticise him as long as we win a game.

You are right, this season is 9/10 for me so far! I'm having a great time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm just trying to understand your own point of view, not trying to undermine you. To me, 

this is you stating that you won't criticise the manager for something that clearly resulted in losing control of the game and flirted with dropping points, because of the result. We won in spite of a mistake from Rodgers (albeit an understandable one so I'm not too fussed about it really), and in my mind, that's not a decision working, that's luck pulling us through. That's why I made the assumption that you won't criticise him as long as we win a game.

You are right, this season is 9/10 for me so far! I'm having a great time.

That’s football, all differing opinions, you’ve got yours I’ve got mine, enjoy tonight’s game! 

Hope we’re a goal up with 5 to go and Wes comes on 🤪 🦊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

He’s a family man and has a young kid so i’d expect him to want to stay close  to home if he does at all sanction a loan move. Far too good for the championship so maybe Villa?

We're not sending him out on loan.

He's an integral part of the squad. He's cover for Ndidi, he's an option to play in a two with Ndidi in certain matches and he's great to bring off from the bench when trying to protect a result.

He's exactly the sort of player we need in and around the first team. Just like Praet he's good enough for the first XI and an essential part of the squad. We now have five quality CM's who are all good enough for the first team but only three spaces available. Over a season with injuries and suspensions and busy periods we can rotate them without an obvious drop in quality. 

BR said he would prefer a smaller but high quality squad and I fully agree with that. Much better to have quality in the wings rather than quantity. Over the last few years we've had too big a squad with players who offered next to nothing. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We're not sending him out on loan.

He's an integral part of the squad. He's cover for Ndidi, he's an option to play in a two with Ndidi in certain matches and he's great to bring off from the bench when trying to protect a result.

He's exactly the sort of player we need in and around the first team. Just like Praet he's good enough for the first XI and an essential part of the squad. We now have five quality CM's who are all good enough for the first team but only three spaces available. Over a season with injuries and suspensions and busy periods we can rotate them without an obvious drop in quality. 

BR said he would prefer a smaller but high quality squad and I fully agree with that. Much better to have quality in the wings rather than quantity. Over the last few years we've had too big a squad with players who offered next to nothing. 

Agreed, what a fantastic squad we’re assembling, strength on the bench, players that can actually come on and make a positive impact, it’s odd to say it but it’s a stronger squad than when we won the league! 

He's a brilliant destroyer, covers loads of ground and is an all round nuisance but the rest of his game needs a lot of work. Just being a brilliant ball winner isn't enough, fortunately Rodgers is a great coach and is probably better placed than 90% of managers to help that.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The ball ended up in the net and we were extremely lucky it was ruled out. It's not just about looking at the end result, but how it was obtained. We got there by being fortunate that Burnley had a goal ruled out and 5 minutes of back to the wall panicking. That's not how I want to being getting wins.

A win a win, at the end of the season the table just says 3 pts, not whether you played well or not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treer said:

Do people really think that we would loan out Hamza, or is this some kind of windup?

While we are at it maybe could do a double loan and Include Vardy as well.

i don’t think people expect us to really.... but Hamza is at the age where he might start wanting to play every week. he’s certainly good enough to. we just have the little problem of n’didi and to some degree Praet. they are both different styles of players but can both do things Hamza can do

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

A win a win, at the end of the season the table just says 3 pts, not whether you played well or not!

Totally understand that, but I'm not talking about playing badly and winning, I'm talking about making decisions in games that put that result under threat. Is blatantly clear its puts pressure on the team and we were fortunate to come away with the 3 points.

Also whilst I agree with you point, there's only so long you can play badly and win, so whilst the table will say 3 points, it won't keep saying it if you keep playing badly or making decisions that bring undue pressure on team. The results are just papering over cracks.

Now I'm not saying I think we're playing badly over all, but there have been some poor tactical decisions that's we've been lucky haven't cost us, and can't continue if hope to challenge for the top 4, or 6.

I'm just not sure when he'll get a game and he needs minutes to develop. 

No minutes last night and we didn't need Ndidi exceptional tackling. Can understand Rodgers wanting to keep the core team together but still.

We can wait until next season when we may have European football but it's hardly ideal for his development.

Hope he gets some minutes against his old team on Tuesday. And we have a good FA cup run and use him as opposed to Praet tbf.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I'm just not sure when he'll get a game and he needs minutes to develop. 

No minutes last night and we didn't need Ndidi exceptional tackling. Can understand Rodgers wanting to keep the core team together but still.

We can wait until next season when we may have European football but it's hardly ideal for his development.

Hope he gets some minutes against his old team on Tuesday. And we have a good FA cup run and use him as opposed to Praet tbf.

I'd sincerely hope they both start, they're both good enough to slot into any game's starting 11 and I wouldn't be worried.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd sincerely hope they both start, they're both good enough to slot into any game's starting 11 and I wouldn't be worried.

Good point but I'd prefer to see Hamza further up the pitch to develop his attacking game.

the fact we have both praet and hamza is so good for us, considering way we normally struggle over christmas, this year we have got talent throughout midfield

problem area is a vardy back-up, think maybe barnes up front when vardy is being rested isn't worst idea. Think BR has played him as 2nd striker a few times this season when we are chasing a goal

6 minutes ago, eblair said:

the fact we have both praet and hamza is so good for us, considering way we normally struggle over christmas, this year we have got talent throughout midfield

problem area is a vardy back-up, think maybe barnes up front when vardy is being rested isn't worst idea. Think BR has played him as 2nd striker a few times this season when we are chasing a goal

Maybe Tielemans will have figured out how to play without Maddison next to him and we can do 

Perez Barnes

Maddison

Tieleamns Ndidi Praet

Chilwell Soyuncu Evans Ricardo

Schmeichel 

• 1 month later...
Guest An Sionnach

The time is coming when Rodgers has got to face facts , Perez is not working. Its not really the lads fault, he just doesn't fit our system. Newcastle played him in an entirely different way. We need more physical aggression in midfield, we are too lightweight and put too much responsibility on Ndidi. Choudhury must be brought back in to cover Chilwell and generally to intimidate the opposition. Savage did that for us so well under O'Neil. We have the skill of Tielmans and Maddison but they need physical support from a ball winner like Hamza. The next couple of months are going to be a lot tougher , if we want to sustain our top four position we are going to have to toughen up ourselves.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The time is coming when Rodgers has got to face facts , Perez is not working. Its not really the lads fault, he just doesn't fit our system. Newcastle played him in an entirely different way. We need more physical aggression in midfield, we are too lightweight and put too much responsibility on Ndidi. Choudhury must be brought back in to cover Chilwell and generally to intimidate the opposition. Savage did that for us so well under O'Neil. We have the skill of Tielmans and Maddison but they need physical support from a ball winner like Hamza. The next couple of months are going to be a lot tougher , if we want to sustain our top four position we are going to have to toughen up ourselves.

I think Perez will, be told to get in the gym or face most of his weekends on the bench or in the stands .....

On 26/10/2019 at 16:05, Nicolo Barella said:

Maybe Tielemans will have figured out how to play without Maddison next to him and we can do 

Perez Barnes

Maddison

Tieleamns Ndidi Praet

Chilwell Soyuncu Evans Ricardo

Schmeichel 

Very lightweight up front!

I'd rather see Iheanacho than Perez any day of the week.

• Like 1

Calm and commanding performance today.

Timed his interventions consistently well, showed good physical strength without recklessness & his passing is much improved.

MOM. Very mature performance at such a young age.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 2