Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Söyüncü

Certainly did himself no harm but not featuring tonight. Was watching Maguire very closely and he may have been rusty after a couple of games out, but was not convinced at all by his performance. 

Caglar should be given more opportunities before the season is out. That is the only way we will see what this lad is truly made of. The race for seventh took a substantial hit tonight so it's not like it's make or break. Give him a chance Brendan, you have nothing to lose apart from a little bit of pride.

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think long term he’ll be a mainstay, Evans and Morgan are no spring chickens, you’d have thought Maguire will be off this season or next as well. He’ll afford us the flexibility to play higher up because our other options lack mobility. 

It seems his attitude is absolutely spot on too.

Yes, that's what struck me from these comments too. I wouldn't have been surprised to hear of him wanting away, but he seems to have a fair assessment of the situation.

Get him a few more minutes of pitch time this season both in the cups and as first reserve option (instead of Wes), another good season out out Maguire who we sell for big bucks next summer, then he's ready to come in as first choice alongside Evans or Benkovic the following season depending on how either have progressed regressed in the meantime. Or is that just wishful thinking?

• Like 1

Soyuncu looks shredded in that picture. I really hope he's given more games this year, I think he'll be a great player but we've only seen glimpses so far. If Maguire does stay I'm not sure how we're going to keep all our centre backs happy.

3 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Soyuncu looks shredded in that picture. I really hope he's given more games this year, I think he'll be a great player but we've only seen glimpses so far. If Maguire does stay I'm not sure how we're going to keep all our centre backs happy.

you would think he and Benny would be battling for the no 3 spot

53 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If Maguire does stay I think we should loan Soyuncu out to Villa/Bournemouth/Norwich just so he can get some gametime in a team that plays the ball instead of parks the bus. Benkovic can establish himself as 3rd/2nd. 

Soyuncu...should be given his Reins,   Maguire/Evans/ when fit also Benko.  compete for Early Season  places..!!!  Then decide ,if deemed necessary,to

see who goes out in loan.. We need 3-4 CBs,staying ,Injuries/Form will come into question..!!!....

I'd give him a proper go this season. I do think he's got an error in him but he's got enough good about him to compensate for that. We should've given him a lot more games towards the end of the season when we had nothing to play for.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd give him a proper go this season. I do think he's got an error in him but he's got enough good about him to compensate for that. We should've given him a lot more games towards the end of the season when we had nothing to play for.

As he mentioned in his interview; injury and work permits really hindered him kicking from the start.

A proper preseason and a year of settling into the culture and group should really help him. 

He looks to be in great shape and hopefully he can kick on in rotation with Evans and Maguire. 

19 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

He's one of those players that's just easy to like for reasons you can't even quite put your finger on. Some players you just want to do well from the start. Really hope he makes it here. X 

I hear you. Something endears me to Soyuncu and I don't know what.

There's something very David Luiz about him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I hear you. Something endears me to Soyuncu and I don't know what.

There's something very David Luiz about him.

Some players have natural likeability. Usually for me they have similar traits....

1. Big

2. Scruffy

3. Technical ability which belies appearance

4. Big Hair

5. A weird face

Classic examples are Maguire, Taggart and Marshall. Hopefully Soy can become a mainstay. X 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Some players have natural likeability. Usually for me they have similar traits....

1. Big

2. Scruffy

4. Big Hair

5. A weird face

Classic examples are Maguire, Taggart and Marshall. Hopefully Soy can become a mainstay. X 

Choudhury ticks a lot of boxes in your theory 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

1. Big

2. Scruffy

4. Big Hair

5. A weird face

I have a lot of those characteristics but unfortunately am shit at football and of moderate likeability at best ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3