Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
easilee

Albrighton

21 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Also he doesnt get as many assists as he would if we played with a centre forward who was more of an ariel threat.

But as we don't play with that type of centre forward and i'm presuming you're saying this is Albrighton's main strength, it's likely the reason he isn't starting for us. The assists and goals dried up last season, Rodgers is all about both from his wide players. We still have a long way to go in finding wingers that provide this though and that's why i'm surprised he hasn't featured more so far this season, but understand BR might want that as a last resort if Perez and Barnes don't improve after a dozen or so games.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he will take Perez place very soon.

Well he came came on to the left wing, the same position he played during 15/16 so he might be competing against Barnes rather than Perez.

I think he will start against Liverpool though. He has a better engine so can give Alexander-Arnold or Robertson something to think about and try to curtail their attacking intent.

Marc was superb when he came on though, no argument there!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Said at the beginning of the season Albrighton should have been starting for us. Was shocked he was on the bench Vs Wolves. 

Until we sign a winger (possibly two), we should be utilising Albrighton’s experience. Yes he isn’t going to get goals and isn’t really a Rodgers type of player, but in my opinion, he’s still the best winger at the club. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shane said:

Said at the beginning of the season Albrighton should have been starting for us. Was shocked he was on the bench Vs Wolves. 

Until we sign a winger (possibly two), we should be utilising Albrighton’s experience. Yes he isn’t going to get goals and isn’t really a Rodgers type of player, but in my opinion, he’s still the best winger at the club. 

We are second. Just because we didn’t beat Norwich today doesn’t mean Albrighton is suddenly Messi. Also if you said he should be starting for us since the start of the season then you would be just wrong. I love him and he is a good player and a legend for us but **** me get a grip. 

3 hours ago, Shane said:

Up until today we've won every game since the start of October, why on earth would we have picked Albrighton? Rodgers now has a decision to make on how we approach the coming games and perhaps Albrighton will get more minutes but I'm staggered anyone can have any real issue with Barnes, Perez or Gray in the last few months especially given Albrighton's history for a lack of goals.