Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
easilee

Albrighton

On 31/07/2019 at 07:54, l444ry said:

Thought it was clear. Out and out winger succeeds in adapting to new role?  

An out and out winger who isn't prepared to graft and track back like Marhez wouldn't work. For a start it would nullify Ricardo and his impressive runs. Whilst a midfielder should cover a winger should also expect to assist or we'll need to get Simpson back 😂

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He started the first PL game under Ranieri

In fact he started the first five PL games of that season.

Someone better have a word with Tanner then. 

Or else he thought that the Gray buy was to replace him. 

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Gray didn't arrive until January 2016 though.

Yeah, but the groundwork to buy him would have been in the works right? 

As I've been hearing throughout this window, deals are all being done with well in advance. So it could have been on the grapevine. 

Or just a bit of revisionism to perpetuate the unsung, underrated narrative. 

All guess work though.

Or didn't he get subbed out a whole bunch? 

• 1 month later...

Feel like he should be starting. 

Our other options on the wing are so inconsistent, but we know what we’re getting with Albrighton. We always play better when he’s on the pitch.

We can hype Barnes all we want, argue Perez needs time & give Gray 500 more chances. But reality is, Albrighton is still our best winger! 

Gerrimin 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shane said:

Feel like he should be starting. 

Our other options on the wing are so inconsistent, but we know what we’re getting with Albrighton. We always play better when he’s on the pitch.

We can hype Barnes all we want, argue Perez needs time & give Gray 500 more chances. But reality is, Albrighton is still our best winger! 

Gerrimin 

He's ahead of Gray in my mind for sure. He isn't as flexible as Perez and Barnes however; today when we were chasing the 3 points we switched to a 4-3-1-2 with Barnes as the second striker for example. Albrighton can't do that.

• Like 3

Albrighton rarely as a bad game for the foxes when he plays of course, Gray has about one good game in ten yet we've probably seen more of him of than Albrighton. For me Gray as exciting as he was when we first signed him... I'm starting to feel he he's probably heading for the flop signing category. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

I must admit I'm surprised by the lack of game time he's had so far, especially given as soon as he was first Rodgers picked him over Gray or Barnes at the back end of last season and in pre-season he looked impressive.

However, his style of play might just be a touch too simplistic for Rodgers but he's been written off many times before and come back so I hope he stays positive and takes any chance that comes his way. He will likely get a chance tomorrow night.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I must admit I'm surprised by the lack of game time he's had so far, especially given as soon as he was first Rodgers picked him over Gray or Barnes at the back end of last season and in pre-season he looked impressive.

However, his style of play might just be a touch too simplistic for Rodgers but he's been written off many times before and come back so I hope he stays positive and takes any chance that comes his way. He will likely get a chance tomorrow night.

Um. Tomorrow?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Albrighton rarely as a bad game for the foxes when he plays of course, Gray has about one good game in ten yet we've probably seen more of him of than Albrighton. For me Gray as exciting as he was when we first signed him... I'm starting to feel he he's probably heading for the flop signing category. 

I like Albrighton and he's been absurd for us all told but this notion that he rarely has a bad game and is a consistent 7/10 is lost on me (same as Simpson). He's had some absolute howlers (which of course he shouldn't be chastised for and is par for the course for a side at our level).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Charl91 said:

I feel like when we feel the need to be more defensively solid, rather than playing N'didi and Choudhury together (which seems to disrupt our play entirely), playing Albrighton would give us a bit more defensive solidity, instead of playing Gray, for example.

I think the theory of playing Gray is he provides an outlet to get the ball forward and away from our half to relieve pressure on the team, even if he loses the ball he buys time. Not sure if it works however.

Albrighton on the left, as he was in our P/L winning season, gives Chilwell far better cover than Barnes does.

I think Albrighton starting and Barnes coming on as sub in place of Marc could be a very useful play for us at times. I also think Gray coming on as a sub is far better than starting him, especially if we need to chase a game.

Both add pace, directness, freshness and a different dimension.

Even when Albrighton plays poorly, his high work rate and team attitude are exemplary. Many players could learn a lot from him (are you listening Iheanacho?)

6 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Albrighton on the left, as he was in our P/L winning season, gives Chilwell far better cover than Barnes does.

I think Albrighton starting and Barnes coming on as sub in place of Marc could be a very useful play for us at times. I also think Gray coming on as a sub is far better than starting him, especially if we need to chase a game.

Both add pace, directness, freshness and a different dimension.

Even when Albrighton plays poorly, his high work rate and team attitude are exemplary. Many players could learn a lot from him (are you listening Iheanacho?)

He's surely still got a huge role to play for us over the course of the season, as you say there's times when the impact of Barnes off the bench is more powerful than it might be from the off and if that's the case i'd rather it be Albrighton from the start than an equally inconsistent player from the off like Gray, or heaven forbid having to have Maddison out on the left again.

• Like 2