Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
easilee

Albrighton

23 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

He came down to my daughters football team the other week, watched them train for over an hour in the rain and more than happy to pose for photos and sign whatever was put in front of him. Top bloke. 

How refreshing to hear that, he just seems a real genuine, grounded guy. 

I'm sure Slimani would have done the same though! 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Yep, sunny West Lothian, surprised you have not noticed before. Anyway, where is the X , you always put an X at the end, I am hurt

I'm not very observant! :) Haha I'm trying to stop myself recently as someone on here said it was pretentious or something even though it's genuinely just a habit I cannae shake. I'll revert to form just for you. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I'm not very observant! :) Haha I'm trying to stop myself recently as someone on here said it was pretentious or something even though it's genuinely just a habit I cannae shake. I'll revert to form just for you. X 

Ah, thanks Rumble.

Think we should start a petition, get City to play the pre season friendlies up here so we can get to the games, maybe we could get 3 signatures on it. Do you think they would take notice of that.

1 minute ago, WestLothianFox said:

Ah, thanks Rumble.

Think we should start a petition, get City to play the pre season friendlies up here so we can get to the games, maybe we could get 3 signatures on it. Do you think they would take notice of that.

Might have traction given BR's Scottish connection so we can try. If I had any friends I'd get them to sign but as we all know I'm an almighty loser. X 

18 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Looks faster then previous seasons. There was a moment yesterday when he was chasing a long ball and he was so quick,  I thought it was Vardy. 

We were only playing Cheltenham. Our players will be much fitter.

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Rumble you are what you are. If you want to put an X its not you with ghe problem.

• Like 2

On 21/07/2019 at 16:48, WestLothianFox said:

Ah, thanks Rumble.

I'll sign from Aberdeenshire. 

Mind seeing us playing Partick in 2004, last friendly up here I think

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, covefox said:

I'll sign from Aberdeenshire. 

Mind seeing us playing Partick in 2004, last friendly up here I think

Crap forgot about that international cup thing at Celtic park 2016. Dumbass

Albrighton is the best English player not to be capped I  recent years.  Simpson is right up there.

There are quite a few, I  various positions that are lass deserving.

Martin Kelly, Jon Flannagan, Jake Livermore, Ryan Nelson, Aaron Cresswell, Dominic Solanki are a few who spring to mind

• Like 3

He’s getting around the pitch more one example yesterday he started a move just inside our half on the extreme left and was involved in the continuing move on the right just inside the penalty area 3/4 passes later.

Albrighton has been our best player overall in preseason thus far. He’s been consistently good in all of the matches and looks to have been the biggest beneficiary of Rodgers tweaks to our style of play. Both of his goals were truly superb in different ways and do hint that he could significantly improve his goal contributions this season so it will be interesting to see if he does so.

One thing about Mane and Salah that is underrated is that they are quite selfless players - their work rate for the team is impressive and they put in a shift and I feel those players got to the elite level after several years of adapting to their role in a team. Albrighton will never be at that level but if he played at the level he has shown so far I could see a situation where he gets to 10 goals and assists a season. That is admittedly optimistic but that’s how good he’s been so far.  

Thus far I’ve really appreciated his all round game. Presses well, makes countless runs into the box either for himself or for others, he’s even put in some really nice left foot crosses which for his weaker foot have been very decent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Good goal from him yesterday didn’t know he had that in his locker.

That goal had Rodgers written all over it and you just confirmed it. Funny how things like that happen. Giving players the confidence to create moments like that in a match.

Marc Albrighton has been transformed into an attacker now in the front three. With the ability to score and create goals from all over the field.

What a great all around player we have now. Our first new gem. Whose next? Goals Goals Goals :)

Edited by SO1

5 hours ago, davieG said:

He’s getting around the pitch more one example yesterday he started a move just inside our half on the extreme left and was involved in the continuing move on the right just inside the penalty area 3/4 passes later.

Obvious that's he's looked after himself in the close season, looks very fit and lean... 

Great Pro! 

Superb strike yesterday from Albrighton. I'd love to see him add a few more goals to his game. Getting in double figures across goals and assists is very attainable for him and I'd like to think he could get 12-14 should have a stand out season.