Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
easilee

Albrighton

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Albrighton has been our best player overall in preseason thus far. He’s been consistently good in all of the matches and looks to have been the biggest beneficiary of Rodgers tweaks to our style of play. Both of his goals were truly superb in different ways and do hint that he could significantly improve his goal contributions this season so it will be interesting to see if he does so.

One thing about Mane and Salah that is underrated is that they are quite selfless players - their work rate for the team is impressive and they put in a shift and I feel those players got to the elite level after several years of adapting to their role in a team. Albrighton will never be at that level but if he played at the level he has shown so far I could see a situation where he gets to 10 goals and assists a season. That is admittedly optimistic but that’s how good he’s been so far.  

Thus far I’ve really appreciated his all round game. Presses well, makes countless runs into the box either for himself or for others, he’s even put in some really nice left foot crosses which for his weaker foot have been very decent. 

Iheanacho was our best player in pre season last summer... word of caution 

• Like 2

On 28/07/2019 at 18:30, Meat and 2 veg said:

Iheanacho was our best player in pre season last summer... word of caution 

Ian was actually decent at the start of the season and he even forced his way into the team and forced a formation change but then took a massive downtown. Hopefully Rodgers can give us the Iheanacho we thought we'd bought. I fancy Marc will keep up his form too. Rodgers was keen on him the end of last season and he seems much improved under Rodgers this pre season.

Marc's positioning has certainly changed under Rogers. Before, Marc almost played as a wing back defending more then attacking, but now he seems to be hanging around the penalty area for any loose balls, which has brought him a few goals. Also I mentioned this in a earlier post,  but he seems quicker. This does make us more weak defensively though. 

Edited by sm1

Thought Albrighton was only a hardworking winger in a 4-4-2 and nothing else to be honest. Under Puel it certainly looked that way to me. Happy to be proved wrong now. Whether it's Rodgers management and coaching or Marc working hard to adapt, he's been a revelation so far.   

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Thought Albrighton was only a hardworking winger in a 4-4-2 and nothing else to be honest. Under Puel it certainly looked that way to me. Happy to be proved wrong now. Whether it's Rodgers management and coaching or Mark working hard to adapt, he's been a revelation so far.   

Revelation? Could you explain? He just seems the same hard working player as before

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Revelation? Could you explain? He just seems the same hard working player as before

Thought it was clear. Out and out winger succeeds in adapting to new role?  

13 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

I don’t think it’s the case that he is no longer that hard working player with the same attitude but I’ve definitely noticed a difference in preseason. Of course, it is only preseason and time well tell whether he can carry this form forwards at a higher level but he seems to have added more to his game in a way. 

He’s been drifting off the wing into more central positions far more, often to link up play with the central midfielders or other forwards and this approach has been far more fruitful than the dreaded, get to the byline and whip in a ball to no one in desperation which we saw so much under Puel. I’ve also noticed him picking up the ball in slightly more central positions and this has given great space to the full back whilst congesting and overloading the opposition in the middle of the park. He seems to more willing to get involved in the build-up play and also take a shot, in the past he just seemed to be an end-to-end winger, almost a wide utility man but this preseason he’s shown that he has the potential to kick on and perhaps provide more than just a steady pair of hands (or should I say feet!).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oadby.fox said:

I don’t think it’s the case that he is no longer that hard working player with the same attitude but I’ve definitely noticed a difference in preseason. Of course, it is only preseason and time well tell whether he can carry this form forwards at a higher level but he seems to have added more to his game in a way. 

He’s been drifting off the wing into more central positions far more, often to link up play with the central midfielders or other forwards and this approach has been far more fruitful than the dreaded, get to the byline and whip in a ball to no one in desperation which we saw so much under Puel. I’ve also noticed him picking up the ball in slightly more central positions and this has given great space to the full back whilst congesting and overloading the opposition in the middle of the park. He seems to more willing to get involved in the build-up play and also take a shot, in the past he just seemed to be an end-to-end winger, almost a wide utility man but this preseason he’s shown that he has the potential to kick on and perhaps provide more than just a steady pair of hands (or should I say feet!).

I wonder if BR will aim to do the same with Barnes, or if he's seen as best used as an out and out winger. Could be detrimental to try and evolve his role so early, but if he could adapt to playing more centrally too, he could be absolutely outstanding. 

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I ****ing love Marc Albrighton and having met him a few times I can also confirm that he's a lovely bloke. He smells incredible too.

That is all.

You'll not hear a member of the media have a bad words against him.

As a player and a human he is The GOAT.

• Like 2

On 28/07/2019 at 09:18, majaco said:

Albrighton is the best English player not to be capped I  recent years.  Simpson is right up there.

There are quite a few, I  various positions that are lass deserving.

Martin Kelly, Jon Flannagan, Jake Livermore, Ryan Nelson, Aaron Cresswell, Dominic Solanki are a few who spring to mind

I think if he did get a run in the England team it would be Owen Hargreaves all over again. Not being used right, getting quick run outs here and there and being slated by the rest of the country then at some point, it will click and everyone would realise what a good player he is and his effect on the team.

Shame he hasn't had the call.

On 28/07/2019 at 09:18, majaco said:

Albrighton is the best English player not to be capped I  recent years.  Simpson is right up there.

There are quite a few, I  various positions that are lass deserving.

Martin Kelly, Jon Flannagan, Jake Livermore, Ryan Nelson, Aaron Cresswell, Dominic Solanki are a few who spring to mind

Ryan Nelson? The former New Zealand captain?

• Haha 1