Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
easilee

Albrighton

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Much better than Dirty Delph.

Definitely, He's so versatile that I cant believe he's not in the squad. He can play left and right forward or back.

Plus the energy he has.

He's a shining example for all young players who feel they don't have enough talent. If they work hard they can acquire the skills to make a good career for themselves. 

• Like 3

It is no coincidence that we play better when Albrighton is playing. The graft he puts in both going forward and going backwards to help out his full back is phenomenal. In the modern game where full backs are expected to bomb forward, your winger has to be capable of covering for him, and Albrighton fits the bill perfectly. When he does get forward his delivery is generally pretty good. Reminds me of Steve Guppy in many ways, might not be an outstanding talent but a brilliant team player. Albrighton haters just need to do one, because he is part of what makes us tick as a team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dames said:

With the engine he has i’d be tempted to convert him into a CM. He’s very similar to James Milner and I think he would adapt very well. Would help solve a few problems we have as well. 

Not yet but I can see him shifting into a deeper central role later in his career.

2 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Really odd that Pearson did not fancy him until the run in when it was all or nothing 

We played him in the cup games around Xmas that year and he looked good, was surprised he was dropped for the league games until the run in.

5 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Really odd that Pearson did not fancy him until the run in when it was all or nothing 

Maybe I am misremembering but didn't think Albrighton had ever really played on the left at that point, we had other options on the right (Mahrez for one) and Marc got his chance at wing back once we swapped formation, no?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27/12/2018 at 01:31, Gamble92 said:

His story kind of gets under stated because of Vardy, Mahrez and Kante etc. 

But seriously how the **** did we get this man for free from an awful Villa team and him be this good? Must go down as one of our best ever signings. 

Villa has done extremely poorly over management of their signings and transfers in the past decade. I still remember clearly that Albrighton was highly highly rated by Villa coaching staff and the fans, and he had a really good season despite the team playing poorly. He was one of their brightest stars. Then a new manager came in and didnt see him in the plan and he was released on a free. Unbelievable really.

• Like 1

MON knew he was a talent. I used to pick him in fantasy football back in the day but I think it was when O’Neil left he didn’t get the game (not certain) time. I was made up when we signed him.

• 1 month later...