Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

13 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

For me it is one of the most important factors. We don’t have significantly more income than most of the rest of this league, so it’s import to have something different. Bringing through young players is potentially a good business model that (if it works) should allow more investment and allow challenging the top 6.

I hope that whoever replaces him also makes this a priority.

Surely they have to.

Otherwise, what's the point in spending a fortune on state of the art training facilities?

If it's not a priority, might aswell just save all that money and buy the World's best 11 players and train them in Abbey park.

• Like 1

If (there's that word again) the players have walked all over the last 3 managers at some point, what makes people think the softly spoken, new age, arm round the shoulder, I'm on your side, you're all my children type manager like Rodgers would succeed?

I'm genuinely interested in people's thoughts on this as I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

He's losing the fans, he's losing the dressing room (if rumours are true). Because the team selections are inconsistent, the style is boring, and he's not getting the results required for a club with our aspirations. We've gone from being an exciting team to a frustrating team to watch.  

This is no rumor - He's losing matches at the moment.  

32 minutes ago, Buce said:

Here we go again.

Every time we look for a new manager we hear the same old thing: "Go and get (insert name here)", completely ignoring the fact that we are not a top-six club with irresistible pulling power. We simply don't fish in those waters.

I think that people were surprised that Newcastle got Rafa, Fulham got Seri and Wolves Neves, even Cambiasso for us.  Why not think big.  We might not pull it off but nothing ventured...

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

If (there's that word again) the players have walked all over the last 3 managers at some point, what makes people think the softly spoken, new age, arm round the shoulder, I'm on your side, you're all my children type manager like Rodgers would succeed?

I'm genuinely interested in people's thoughts on this as I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

because he is a better man manager than Puel for starters, if Puel sat you down for a chat or pulled you to the side you would probably be bored to death by the end of the conversation and wondering what he was actually going on about where as with Rodgers your instructions will be clear i'd imagine (imo)

Haven’t read all the posts  but I take it  this is mainly due to some poor displays and JV saying Puels style doesn’t suit him ...   nothing really bad then.  I expect him to be here for the rest of the season unless things go really tits up.   Personally, I like his ideas and can see he has a definite plan ..   but ...    I’m now very unsure if he has the ability to carry it off.  Losing to Citeh highlighted this.  Give the fans a massive boost after all that had happened ...   get the club to Wembley...   get us into Europe....    but no ...   he fvcked it right up !   Then said he thinks the younger players ‘would learn from it’ !!!!   Fvck that !!!   He’s the one that needs to learn from it !!

Just now, Max Wall said:

Keane? I take back what I've been preaching.

Anyone for Rodgers?

Not keen on Keane.  Rogers?     Would he leave a massive Club to come to little old Leicester and pit himself against some of the best coaches and most talented Teams in Europe?   A comfy 3pts at St Mirren or Livingston Railway Workers FC is a lot easier than taking on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

• Like 2

Just now, Max Wall said:

Yeah, I was being a little facetious. I really don't think Roy Keane is what we need.

Thank fvck for that.

If Roy Keane is the answer, I don't want to know the question.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Not keen on Keane.  Rogers?     Would he leave a massive Club to come to little old Leicester and pit himself against some of the best coaches and most talented Teams in Europe?   A comfy 3pts at St Mirren or Livingston Railway Workers FC is a lot easier than taking on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Well he's managed in the Prem before under 2 different clubs and in European competitions isn't this the criteria? not to mention that two of the clubs he managed are massive.

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

on his previous management records and there was a documentary a while back on him and its clear that he is a good manager and knows his onions.

I was under the impression Liverpool's main man (Gerrard) had a bit of disdain for Rodgers?

His management record is also a little skewed by his time at Celtic where, instead of having only one challenger, he had none to contend with.

• Like 1

Just now, lifted*fox said:

give it two post-match interviews and our resident knuckle-draggers will be complaining they can't understand Rodgers accent. 

Does Puel inspire you in interviews then? because he sure the hell doesn't me he just repeats himself over and over again. 

Imagine the players they must be bored rigid then you here things about low intensity training and the players are bored with this and that's what Puels reign will be remembered for being boring!

Just now, Max Wall said:

I was under the impression Liverpool's main man (Gerrard) had a bit of disdain for Rodgers?

His management record is also a little skewed by his time at Celtic where, instead of having only one challenger, he had none to contend with.

OK. the point still remains and would be a lot better than Puel  and a lot of other managers out there