Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yep, Vichai pulled the trigger, Top talked him around.

Pearson as caretaker ( a la OGS at mufc ) with someone in the summer would work for me.

I suspect Pearson only works well as part of a package along with Shakespeare and Walsh. His subsequent record after leaving us is far from inspiring without these two beside him.

I don't think anything will happen until after Cardiff. The next two games are likely defeats and if we were to lose the Cardiff game badly then questions will need be asked in a more pressing manner.

I'm not a fan of Puel but unlesss there is someone substantially better out there to take over then probably we will most likely stick with him this season unless there is good chance of relegation.

Edited by reynard

36 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This will be a problem so long as Kasper Vardy and Morgan are at the club i am afraid.

Based on what?

The same sources saying that there's trouble behind the scenes now were explicit in underlining, back in April, that the players responsible for the dissent weren't the old guard. Why believe one thing Percy says, and not the other?

Managers are fired because of poor performances on the field, above anything else. Kasper and Morgan, and other 'old guard' players still in the side (Albrighton for instance), haven't let Puel down this year. Vardy was the single biggest reason for him staying in a job last year. If anything, these are the guys who have kept his reign ticking over.

Surely Ndidi, Gray, Iheanacho and a whole host of others who haven't come in and contributed positively - Ghezzal, Iborra, Silva etc. - are more obvious culprits, if you're desperate for a scapegoat. I'm not sure why a Leicester fan would rush to put two and two together to come to the conclusion that our manager's better performers are the ones stabbing him in the back. After all, the Ranieri-era claims were unsubstantiated, and there was never any question that these players were undermining Shakespeare. As for Vardy's comments, they appear to be taking responsibility rather than lashing out.

It seems to me these guys deserve a little more respect. Some people seem to think that being a good fan means being patient with a manager to whom we owe very little, who hasn't taken us forward and who has shown these weaknesses in previous appointment, and lay the blame squarely at the doorstep of club legends who appear to have served him well. I don't believe Puel should be fired, but why not look at him and ask whether there's anything which suggests that he might be responsible for being a poor communicator, making erratic decisions and so on before going to these lengths? Because there's quite a lot of proof of this.

When you ask for evidence, all these fans seem to dredge up is unsubstantiated rumours from 2 years back, which were largely directed at different players to the current under-performers. It's such a thin argument, based entirely on conjecture, that it's scary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, reynard said:

I suspect Pearson only works well as part of a package along with Shakespeare and Walsh. His subsequent record after leaving us is far from inspiring without these two beside him.

I don't think anything will happen until after Cardiff. The next two games are likely defeats and if we were to lose the Cardiff game badly then questions will need be asked in a more pressing manner.

I'm not a fan of Puel but unlesss there is someone substantially better out there to take over then probably we will most likely stick with him this season unless there is good chance of relegation.

Well the're all unemployed so he could get them all together maybe 

17 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Unless you are suggesting the only fans that want him gone are a few dozen on here, which is just out and out incorrect, that post is completely redundant.

It's just you said "75% of fans hate him" out of your ass with nothing to back it up.
Even on this forum which is kind of "special", only about 65% want him out at the moment (and it will be way fewer if we get better results in the weeks to come) and not everybody voting him out hate him.

once again Puel out camp seems to have a lot of issues with facts and numbers.

Edited by yks

Just now, inckley fox said:

Based on what?

The same sources saying that there's trouble behind the scenes now were explicit in underlining, back in April, that the players responsible for the dissent weren't the old guard. Why believe one thing Percy says, and not the other?

Managers are fired because of poor performances on the field, above anything else. Kasper and Morgan, and other 'old guard' players still in the side (Albrighton for instance), haven't let Puel down this year. Vardy was the single biggest reason for him staying in a job last year. If anything, these are the guys who have kept his reign ticking over.

Surely Ndidi, Gray, Iheanacho and a whole host of others who haven't come in and contributed positively - Ghezzal, Iborra, Silva etc. - are more obvious culprits, if you're desperate for a scapegoat. I'm not sure why a Leicester fan would rush to put two and two together to come to the conclusion that our manager's better performers are the ones stabbing him in the back. After all, the Ranieri-era claims were unsubstantiated, and there was never any question that these players were undermining Shakespeare. As for Vardy's comments, they appear to be taking responsibility rather than lashing out.

It seems to me these guys deserve a little more respect. Some people seem to think that being a good fan means being patient with a manager to whom we owe very little, who hasn't taken us forward and who has shown these weaknesses in previous appointment, and lay the blame squarely at the doorstep of club legends who appear to have served him well. I don't believe Puel should be fired, but why not look at him and ask whether there's anything which suggests that he might be responsible for being a poor communicator, making erratic decisions and so on before going to these lengths? Because there's quite a lot of proof of this.

When you ask for evidence, all these fans seem to dredge up is unsubstantiated rumours from 2 years back, which were largely directed at different players to the current under-performers. It's such a thin argument, based entirely on conjecture, that it's scary.

Jesus Christ there are some people on one today

I have my sources, as people on here who pay attention to my posts know, so would appreciate it if you’d reframe from assuming I’m basing what I’m saying on rumours two years ago.

And I’m not looking for scape goats, just saying how it is, vardy Morgan and Kasper have a lot of influence within the club. Albrighton Not so much. I’m not saying their at fault or making them into villians or that they are “running the club” just that they have far more a say on what’s going on than you’d expect a member of the playing staff to have, Vardy in particular is not getting on with Puel at all at the moment.

Just now, yks said:

It's just you said "75% of fans hate him" out of your ass with anything to back it up.
Even on this forum which is kind of "special", only about 65% want him out at the moment (and it will be way fewer if we get better results in the weeks to come) and not everybody voting him out hate him.

Yes your falling down by taking 75% and hate in a totally literal sense.  Sign of Autism that is btw.

Ill rephrase it for you, from my experience of looking at various social media outlets the general opinion of the many Leicester fans I know in person  in general and the mood during games I believe a majority of Leicester fans would prefer it if he was no longer our manager. And clearly there is now a problem with the players as well.

For what it’s worth I actually like what he’s tried to do with the playing style it just seems to have got to the point now where it’s only heading one way.

1 hour ago, southfox66 said:

My criticism of Puel last season is he plays the team far to deep and its still the same to the point that watching us now is so frustrating. He said a couple of weeks we need to be more attacking but I can't it happening, Vardy is too isolated, his body language on the recent sky interview said it all that he's fed up of Puels system, but he can't openly slag it off. At the end of the day Puel is an average manager and his stats back that out, 37% approx win rate with us and Southampton. 

37% is not bad.  That equates to 42 points per season, add in 10-12 draws and your in the mid fifties points wise.  That's pretty good.

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

There’s nothing but utter dross and shambolic managers available right now, and anyone with half a lobe knows it. 

Poisoned chalice. 

Zidane, mate. We should go for him if Jardim or Conté don't come.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, yks said:

It's just you said "75% of fans hate him" out of your ass with nothing to back it up.

once again Puel out camp seems to have a lot of issues with facts and numbers.

Very true. People I know that don't come on these pages are usually of the opinion that Puel should stay at least until the end of the season as they're fed up with the constant change of managers.

17 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Very true. People I know that don't come on these pages are usually of the opinion that Puel should stay at least until the end of the season as they're fed up with the constant change of managers.

As i've said once or twice before, I think peoples own view of things 'skews' how they perceive other peoples views and opinions.

Plenty of people who come on here with support for Puel often say as you have that they share a similar view.

Plenty/pretty much everyone I speak to have the same opinion as me that he's gotta go. I'm not sure if my own view gives me the 'bias' that I believe they have the same opinions.

I was speaking to a Cov fan the other day, he didn't know I supported Leicester till I said and virtually his first comment after he found out was "Ohh, what do you think of Puel, most of my mates who support Leicester think it's awful and want him gone".

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Matt said:

As i've said once or twice before, I think peoples own view of things 'skews' what they think other people's opinions are.

Plenty of people who come on here with support for Puel often say as you have that they share a similar view.

Plenty/pretty much everyone I speak to have the same opinion as me that he's gotta go. I'm not sure if my own view gives me the 'bias' that I believe they have the same opinions.

I was speaking to a Cov fan the other day, he didn't know I supported Leicester till I said and virtually his first comment after he found out was "Ohh, what do you think of Puel, most of my mates who support Leicester think it's awful and want him gone".

You're perhaps right but perhaps I should qualify what I said a bit better. Those that made that comment weren't necessarily happy with what's going on but, they are of the opinion that should the club decide that Puel should go, now is not the time. The end of the season, as we're reasonably safe from relegation,  affords us a better opportunity of picking up a better manager as opposed to a knee jerk makeshift from a small pond of possibles now.

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You're perhaps right but perhaps I should qualify what I said a bit better. Those that made that comment weren't necessarily happy with what's going on but, they are of the opinion that should the club decide that Puel should go, now is not the time. The end of the season, as we're reasonably safe from relegation,  affords us a better opportunity of picking up a better manager as opposed to a knee jerk makeshift from a small pond of possibles now.

Majority of fans want him gone whether it be immediately or a more convenient juncture. 

To to be honest the overall opinion of the fan base is a of much less importance than player unrest with the playing system. It’s not uncommon for a fan base of a club our size in our situation to become disillusioned with a manager hanging in mid table playing slightly uninspiring football. Especially given we are a fan base that’s actually used to excitement and have had more than our fair share of memorable moments in recent years. But if the problem is extended to the dressing room we’ve got a problem.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Majority of fans want him gone whether it be immediately or a more convenient juncture. 

To to be honest the overall opinion of the fan base is a of much less importance than player unrest with the playing system. It’s not uncommon for a fan base of a club our size in our situation to become disillusioned with a manager hanging in mid table playing slightly uninspiring football. Especially given we are a fan base that’s actually used to excitement and have had more than our fair share of memorable moments in recent years. But if the problem is extended to the dressing room we’ve got a problem.

The continual whinings of our dressing room however, yet again, don't make us a particularly inviting opportunity to any prospective manager. 

27 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The continual whinings of our dressing room however, yet again, don't make us a particularly inviting opportunity to any prospective manager. 

Yes indeed but as I say as long as you have vardy kasper and Morgan in that squad you have players who feel their opinions should be taken into account.

That said if said crisis talks have convinced puel to play slightly more directly then fair play to them as even if we concede this is the best 45 mins of football I’ve seen us play for awhile.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Agreed. We can have our views but if this is friction between the playing squad, staff and manager then that will only end one way.