Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

he has still managed to get the team performing every week and winning back to back titles with one campaign being one of there best in history in terms of league points, goals, losses albeit not a hard task to achieve due to the other teams but he still has to go and build a team, get it playing together and winning. its only Celtic though so we may as well just cross this off his managerial CV

Answer me one simple question.

What/who has made Scott Sinclair look like Luis Figo, Rodgers or the paucity of opponents in the Scottish League?

Answer honestly.

With that, I'm off, been on here way to long this morning.

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Answer me one simple question.

What/who has made Scott Sinclair look like Luis Figo, Rodgers or the paucity of opponents in the Scottish League?

Answer honestly.

With that, I'm off, been on here way to long this morning.

Poor comeback his other two success's Liverpool (took them to the closest they have ever been of winning the Prem in years) and Swansea (got them into the Prem from the Champ and build a good, team... look at them now) 

I agree, have a good day sir.

Edited by whoareyaaa

28 minutes ago, nettle said:

Does Puel inspire you in interviews then? because he sure the hell doesn't me he just repeats himself over and over again. 

Imagine the players they must be bored rigid then you here things about low intensity training and the players are bored with this and that's what Puels reign will be remembered for being boring!

It baffles me everytime someone thinks a manager says the same things and speaks the same way to his players and to the press.

12 hours ago, Shaqq said:

Let him finish the transition of our squad. Say what you want about the football at the minute, but our squad is getting younger and more exciting. 

Give him time to get rid of the older players and bring in younger replacements and we might actually be able to attract some good managers excited by the potential of our squad. Replace him now and we´ll end up with Pearson, Moyes, Hughes or something like that.

The amount of money fans pay and time committed to watching the team, exciting football should be a priority. Watching this same old shit for months now is killing the club 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Perhaps more suited to the unpopular opinions thread, but if we do sack Puel I for one will not be pleased if Nigel Pearson returns as an interim manager.

I wouldn't be pleased either. Why would it only be interim?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Perhaps more suited to the unpopular opinions thread, but if we do sack Puel I for one will not be pleased if Nigel Pearson returns as an interim manager.

If he is to go (which i am still dubious about what the papers are writing) I dont want to see any of the shit, our of work English managers coming into see the season out. And for this reason mainly, he still has my vote. 

Couldn’t agree more Suze. We’re above the Merrygoround of Big Sam, Moyes, Pardew, Pulis etc. Or at least we ****ing well should be. And though Pearson means to us, we need to be flexing our muscles and showing our ambition. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I am still dubious about what the papers are writing.

I am very dubious about that too, first Percy seems to be on a mission to get him fire since last year.
Then, just a month ago, Vardy was the one who took Puel in front of the players so he can have applauds from the fans.
Then, making a huge deal of the benching of Silva (who never proved anything at Leicester) and King (who is simply a mediocre player) is very weird to say the least.
We'll have some answers today. If the players are apathetic, there are chances all of that is true, if they aren't, it's probably BS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

You're kidding right? Benitez is dour, negative and is obsessed with experience. He's completely the wrong fit for the squad we've got

No chance, Benitez plays attacking football. Only since newcastle returned to the prem with no funds to spend as he not been able to do so. Look at every other team he’s been at. Great fast paced attacking football. How’s that not prefect for us? 

• Like 1

I’d be happy with Rodgers or Jardim as a replacement, I’d throw Wagner into the mix aswell. As for Benitez it’s a deffinate no from me - those that moan we are too defensive at the moment then wish for Benitez do make me laugh.

The interim manager suggestion doesn’t really sit well with me becausege only ones up for that are going to be your Moyes, Pardew or Allardyce - I’m not a massive fan of bringing Pearson back but he’d be the only candidate i can think of, but you’d have to get the whole band back together, can’t see Top taking him from Leuven to put him in charge at Leicester for 6 months I’d imagine it wouldn’t send the right message to the Leuven fans

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

off with her head!

• Sad 1

Tbh , I think I'd keep Puel for the time being, although I can totally understand why people would want rid.

The main reason is for the sake of Top and the family.

He has lowered the average age of the side and tried to move us on in the way we play.

He IS dull and uninspiring and our stadium is as flat as it's been in a long time.

Others managers out there COULD also do all these things but galvanize the players and the crowd in the short team and still have a strategy for the development of the club.

Two cup 1/4 finals at home in successive years have really pissed most people off.

I'll always look back to the division between him, Appleton and the players in the 0-2 defeat to W Ham at the end of last season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Tbh , I think I'd keep Puel for the time being, although I can totally understand why people would want rid.

The main reason is for the sake of Top and the family.

He has lowered the average age of the side and tried to move us on in the way we play.

He IS dull and uninspiring and our stadium is as flat as it's been in a long time.

Others managers out there COULD also do all these things but galvanize the players and the crowd in the short team and still have a strategy for the development of the club.

Two cup 1/4 finals at home in successive years have really pissed most people off.

I'll always look back to the division between him, Appleton and the players in the 0-2 defeat to W Ham at the end of last season.

Still think he should go but a reasonable post, if his time here is basically done, it might not be best to hang onto a zombie manager.

26 minutes ago, yks said:

It baffles me everytime someone thinks a manager says the same things and speaks the same way to his players and to the press.

He obviously  getting his message across to the players loud and clear behind the scenes because we are playing some cracking stuff at the minute lol.