Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Is that the be all and end all ‘promoting young players’? 

And has he actually done that?; not sure he has to any great extent.  

Chilwell was playing last season. 

No, it's not the be all and end all.

The question is, was that at the top of the brief that was given to him though? If it was, he hasn't failed on that score, our team and squad are both younger in average age.

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I'm just biding my time to see how the chips fall before I weigh in like captain hindisght

Actually not sure what to make of all this. People keep yapping to the press and its not good. If Puel takes the hit and we have a couple of good games before hoofball to start failing again i'll be fuming lol

And as to Vardy, if he's not happy then get rid, only good for penalties anyway :ph34r:

Cheers Claude. Haven't you got a ****ing game to prepare for though lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Chilwell only played under Shakespeare last season because Fuchs was injured. Puel actually persisted with him despite bumpy performances. He's also given Gray much more opportunities, possibly too many. He's also brought the average age of the squad down quite significantly and although Barnes isn't playing for us at the minute, it feels like there's actually a plan for him and Hamza for that matter to become members more involved with the first team squad. 

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

No, it's not the be all and end all.

The question is, was that at the top of the brief that was given to him though? If it was, he hasn't failed on that score, our team and squad are both younger in average age.

Yes it is younger, but not sure that is any great achievement Max. Anyone with half a brain knows that a good few of the old guard needed culling, he just got the gig. 

Btw, please tell me you are sat at home with that haircut you had back in the 70s, with the tights and docks on ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

As well as several poor managerial appointments. Sadly I don't have a lot of faith in Rudkin doing much better when we're back on the merry-go-round 

Yep. Our track record of appointing managers is horrific. In the last 15 years or so, Pearson is the only one that the club have identified themselves (CR applied didn't he), that took the club forward. 

Not confident in them sourcing a good replacememt at all.

• Sad 1

Yes it is younger, but not sure that is any great achievement Max. Anyone with half a brain knows that a good few of the old guard needed culling, he just got the gig. 

Btw, please tell me you are sat at home with that haircut you had back in the 70s, with the tights and docks on ?

lol

If tights were good enough for Weller.........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Chilwell only played under Shakespeare last season because Fuchs was injured. Puel actually persisted with him despite bumpy performances. He's also given Gray much more opportunities, possibly too many. He's also brought the average age of the squad down quite significantly and although Barnes isn't playing for us at the minute, it feels like there's actually a plan for him and Hamza for that matter to become members more involved with the first team squad. 

Yeah.

I don’t rate Chilwell. Can’t defend, still can’t cross a ball. He has been made to look

decent due to Puel’s ridiculous tactics to the detriment of the team as a whole. 

Does no more than runs forward up the pitch to no end.

I find our football turgid & dull but do we have a long term strategy or not? If we do then we need to stick to it and continue to pursue better players to improve our ability to play the way the manager believes we should.

The responsibility for getting those players is not with the manager & he can only work with what he’s given.

One of the things I hate most about the game is the sensationalism of every nugget of news, rumour & speculation that occurs now, to the point that you just can’t trust anything that gets reported at all nowadays. However, if the stories of the breakdown of relationships with staff & players is in fact true then that is a situation that cannot continue. A club just cannot function effectively like that.

• Like 1

Yeah.

I don’t rate Chilwell. Can’t defend, still can’t cross a ball. He has been made to look

decent due to Puel’s ridiculous tactics to the detriment of the team as a whole. 

Please tell me how many of the goals we've conceded this season have been Chilwell's fault.

9 minutes ago, langtonfox said:

Rafa, Rodgers, conti....why are fans saying no? These are proven quality managers, those who say no, who would you want? 

Here we go again.

Every time we look for a new manager we hear the same old thing: "Go and get (insert name here)", completely ignoring the fact that we are not a top-six club with irresistible pulling power. We simply don't fish in those waters.

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

?

That's a fair enough comment. He still had to do it whilst maintaining some kind of team spirit though and it's not that easy a gig.

On top of that, he was left with the likes of Musa and Slim as attempted replacements for some of the old guard.

Not only has he had to clear out the old guard, he's had to clear out a few of the ill conceived new guard too. Really not an easy job to do that and keep us out of trouble (which he has done......so far).

I dunno, if he is sacked on performance, I would accept that. If he is sacked because certain players don't like the way he works, that would seem like another massive backward step to me.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Benitez attacking style would suit us amazingly well.so I’d be tempted if he could come. Brendon Rodgers style is more possession based again and would take time which our fans don’t give

You're kidding right? Benitez is dour, negative and is obsessed with experience. He's completely the wrong fit for the squad we've got

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

For me it is one of the most important factors. We don’t have significantly more income than most of the rest of this league, so it’s import to have something different. Bringing through young players is potentially a good business model that (if it works) should allow more investment and allow challenging the top 6.

I hope that whoever replaces him also makes this a priority.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

17 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yeah.

He has improved this season but in no way is he the level a lot of people are talking about. He won’t be an England regular in the future they just have a few out of form/favour players there who aren’t playing (Rose and Shaw). 

The crossing is the main thing for me. He has also started waving his arms when nobody can read his random cross generator balls into the box. 

• Like 1