Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Well he's managed in the Prem before under 2 different clubs and has been managed in European competitions isn't this the criteria? not to mention that two of the clubs he managed are massive.

Absolutely boggles my mind that people wouldn’t take Rodgers here. Just goes to show how far we’ve come that people are turning their noses up at somebody who’s had the success he’s had.

Yes he’s a bit of a berk but he’s a better football manager than we should realistically be able to attract given that we’re a mid-table side with a mid-table squad of players.

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Not keen on Keane.  Rogers?     Would he leave a massive Club to come to little old Leicester and pit himself against some of the best coaches and most talented Teams in Europe?   A comfy 3pts at St Mirren or Livingston Railway Workers FC is a lot easier than taking on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

As it's you Mozart, I'll say this 

Why would Rodgers leave Celtic when he already has Benkovic lol

I think Rodgers is in a league that suits him best right now.

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Absolutely boggles my mind that people wouldn’t take Rodgers here. Just goes to show how far we’ve come that people are turning their noses up at somebody who’s had the success he’s had.

Yes he’s a bit of a berk but he’s a better football manager than we should realistically be able to attract given that we’re a mid-table side with a mid-table squad of players.

I know its pretty damn bizarre

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Well he's managed in the Prem before under 2 different clubs and in European competitions isn't this the criteria? not to mention that two of the clubs he managed are massive.

The point I was making, we may not be big enough for him after stints at two higher-profile Clubs and life at LoL would be no walk in the park.  

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

OK. the point still remains and would be a lot better than Puel  and a lot of other managers out there

We all have our own opinions, I just don't agree that Rodgers is better than a lot of managers out there. Unless we're talking about the likes of Gary Johnson of course.

I don't think there's any guarantee he'd be 'a lot better than Puel' either.

If there is a power struggle between management and players, I wouldn't bank on Rodgers being tough enough to sort it out.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

As it's you Mozart, I'll say this 

Why would Rodgers leave Celtic when he already has Benkovic lol

I think Rodgers is in a league that suits him best right now.

You are not wrong there my friend:thumbup:.  Maybe swap Puel and Wes for Rogers and Benko:ph34r:?

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Well he's managed in the Prem before under 2 different clubs and in European competitions isn't this the criteria? not to mention that two of the clubs he managed are massive.

Of those two massive clubs, one he got sacked from and the fan base weren't unhappy and the other one is impossible to get sacked from because he has no challengers. His record is padded out by Rangers mismanagement and failings as much as it is Celtic success.

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

We all have our own opinions, I just don't agree that Rodgers is better than a lot of managers out there. Unless we're talking about the likes of Gary Johnson of course.

I don't think there's any guarantee he'd be 'a lot better than Puel' either.

If there is a power struggle between management and players, I wouldn't bank on Rodgers being tough enough to sort it out.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

We will, he'd be alot tougher than the current crop though without a doubt

Edited by whoareyaaa

11 minutes ago, nettle said:

Does Puel inspire you in interviews then? because he sure the hell doesn't me he just repeats himself over and over again. 

Imagine the players they must be bored rigid then you here things about low intensity training and the players are bored with this and that's what Puels reign will be remembered for being boring!

Moyes interviews never inspired me either. Most people would still accept he did a good job at Everton.

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Getting rid of Puel now seems massively premature - and I'd question why so many posters think it's a good idea.

If he has lost the confidence of the squad, that might be a justification. But 99% of us haven't a clue whether there's any truth in those rumours.

I presume the main reasons people want rid of him are because we're drifting in mid-table, playing dull football much of the time and Puel is the dullest media performer since Steve "Interesting" Davis.

That's not enough for me. In 9 months, maybe, if we haven't moved forward, but not now.

Puel has embarked on a major transformation of both personnel and playing style. Young players already at the club are improving and showing real promise (Chilwell, Gray, Choudhury). New players have come in and are looking good or promising (Maddison, Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic).

Yes, the job is only half-done, but major transformations take time.

Yes, we're playing dull stuff at times (though good stuff in patches) but a few more months together could allow the squad to gel better - and a limited number of new signings (creative midfielder, striker) could transform this into an exciting and successful squad and team.

I'm not denying that life as an LCFC fan is often dull and frustrating just now, but there IS light at the end of the tunnel. If we were heading into the relegation zone or if there were no signs of progress, there might be a case for change, but why go back to square one when that's not the case?!

As for Puel's dull, cliched media interviews....frustrating, yes. I'd prefer him to have something more interesting to say - and to use an interpreter if it is just that his English isn't good enough to express his ideas.

But, seriously, is that a key priority?! If so, perhaps we should bring back Claudio for his personal charm, or Holloway for his comic genius - or bring in Sherwood as a king bullshitter who always talked a good game?

The League Cup defeat was another frustration, but can we really blame Puel for that? I was disappointed when I saw the "weakened" side, but they actually played pretty well against strong opponents - very tight, organised defence 1st half when we were under pressure, stronger team 2nd half and could easily have won. Pisser about the penalties, but can't blame Claude for that. And what if he'd played Vardy, just after an injury absence and going into the busy season....he'd have been lambasted by fans if we'd lost Vardy for 2 months as a result.

The absence of striking options is a justified criticism. Many of us thought he was a striker short from the outset. But strikers cost large transfer fees so it would have been stupid to make a panic buy - and he's been unlucky to some extent. Vardy has had few injury absences over the years but more this season. Iheanacho was seen as a great prospect by many, so reasonable for Claude to have persevered with him.....that's not working out for whatever reason.

If we collapse over the coming months or if we're still treading water and playing dull football in mid-table in 9-12 months, I'll want a change.....but this would be way too premature, unless squad relations truly are disastrous - and we don't know that. 

:appl:

8 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Of those two massive clubs, one he got sacked from and the fan base weren't unhappy and the other one is impossible to get sacked from because he has no challengers. His record is padded out by Rangers mismanagement and failings as much as it is Celtic success.

he has still managed to get the team performing every week and winning back to back titles with one campaign being one of there best in history in terms of league points, goals, losses albeit not a hard task to achieve due to the other teams but he still has to go and build a team, get it playing together and winning. its only Celtic though so we may as well just cross this off his managerial CV