Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'd bring Slimani back.

I don't care if you hate him. I don't care if you don't rate him. I don't care if Vardy hates him. I don't care if he's been crap in Turkey. Suck it up. We desperately need another option, a plan B, in order to break teams down when we have the majority of possession.

Cannot do any worse than Ian or Shingi, but doubt it will happen, offers more in the box? not sure but if he gets the service who knows but we do need to look at other options. Cannot see us buying anyone in this window as it is generally known for overpaying for players, we have had our pants pulled down in the summer for players god knows what would happen in this window.

Just now, reynard said:

Come on some of those selections today were shocking. Okazaki and Iheanacho are usless but Puel must be able to see that. Plays James who clearly wasn't fit,needs a goal so brings on Andy King and plays someone at right back who isn't a right back and who then gave away a penalty.

Not only did he select the wrong team, it was pretty clear they didn't really know how to play together which is down to coaching. Hamza and James in the middle offered zero creativity. Did we really need both?

Of course the players must take a lot of the blame but so must the manager.

But do you not have to ask, if you were a player, if I don't start against Newport, who do I start against? Sure, they might not be wanted or might want out themselves, but as soon as you deny the fringe players a chance to play in the one game in which they have the possibility of starting, then they're complaining to the media and disrupting the rest of the squad as well. You can't just not play half your squad without any repercussions.

What is it with Mark Albrighton?

i've always been willing to forgive his headless chicken act because occasionally he does something good.

I mean we've just got back in it & the only question is will we get a winner or not?

Then he does that. 

Sticks his hands in front of his face.

Was he trying to protect his good looks or something?

The stupid tw+t.

Just now, blaaklint said:

But do you not have to ask, if you were a player, if I don't start against Newport, who do I start against? Sure, they might not be wanted or might want out themselves, but as soon as you deny the fringe players a chance to play in the one game in which they have the possibility of starting, then they're complaining to the media and disrupting the rest of the squad as well. You can't just not play half your squad without any repercussions.

King isn't even in the squad and has been told he can leave. James hasn't played for 10 months. You're a goal down so surely you bring on your best players to try and win the game not a defensive midfielder who hasn't played for a year?

This is the FA cup not some tin-pot pre-season friendly cup and we've no chance of winning the league and relegation would take a collapse of extraordinary scale so maybe we should rest some of the 25 in the league games?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Come on some of those selections today were shocking. Okazaki and Iheanacho are usless but Puel must be able to see that. Plays James who clearly wasn't fit,needs a goal so brings on Andy King and plays someone at right back who isn't a right back and who then gave away a penalty.

Not only did he select the wrong team, it was pretty clear they didn't really know how to play together which is down to coaching. Hamza and James in the middle offered zero creativity. Did we really need both?

Of course the players must take a lot of the blame but so must the manager.

As I replied to someone earlier you could question about 3-4 selections today. 

James was a strange one, Ghezzal scored but I'd rather see him not play, Okazaki and Iheanacho have done nothing for a while, the rest of the team selection was unsurprising.

When he pushed Albrighton to RB that's when we started to get on top tbh and we scored, few minutes later Albrighton had a moment of madness which is all down to him. 

Even if James didn't play then Mendy or Ndidi would have, both of course defensive minded players. 

We had enough chances today, the same usual suspects just couldn't finish.

I was disappointed with Puel as we entered the Christmas period. I thought his approach against “smaller” teams was negative and boring. However, you cannot blame the manager for that. The players out there, each to a man was good enough to win that match. We lost it because too many performed below what we have been led to believe is their level. 

Okazaki, Morgan, Kelechi and James were the worst of the lot. Okazaki in particular was embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Stoopid said:

What is it with Mark Albrighton?

i've always been willing to forgive his headless chicken act because occasionally he does something good.

I mean we've just got back in it & the only question is will we get a winner or not?

Then he does that. 

Sticks his hands in front of his face.

Was he trying to protect his good looks or something?

The stupid tw+t.

it was pretty clueless but he shouldn't have been on the pitch at that stage

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

As I replied to someone earlier you could question about 3-4 selections today. 

James was a strange one, Ghezzal scored but I'd rather see him not play, Okazaki and Iheanacho have done nothing for a while, the rest of the team selection was unsurprising.

When he pushed Albrighton to RB that's when we started to get on top tbh and we scored, few minutes later Albrighton had a moment of madness which is all down to him. 

Even if James didn't play then Mendy or Ndidi would have, both of course defensive minded players. 

We had enough chances today, the same usual suspects just couldn't finish.

We started to get on top because Maddison started to actually try and pass the ball forwards. He should have started. James merely passed it sideways and was  two yards off the pace. Inexcusable selection.

No excuses, we got what we deserved. Shocking lack of commitment from all but a couple of people. Plenty of dross and deadwood that needs clearing out.

Very strange selection by Puel, I have to say. Presumably he is not interested in winning cups.

Well done Newport, you deserve your celebrations, and good luck in the next round

5 minutes ago, smitha said:

Cannot do any worse than Ian or Shingi, but doubt it will happen, offers more in the box? not sure but if he gets the service who knows but we do need to look at other options. Cannot see us buying anyone in this window as it is generally known for overpaying for players, we have had our pants pulled down in the summer for players god knows what would happen in this window.

We just seem to run out of ideas when faced with a massed defence. We don't really have the nous to play through it, so we end up putting in numerous crosses, with hardly anything ever coming of it. Slimani has to be a better option in this situation.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

We started to get on top because Maddison started to actually try and pass the ball forwards. He should have started. James merely passed it sideways and was  two yards off the pace. Inexcusable selection.

agree with this 100%. Maddison is pretty much our sole creative outlet, we are so much better when he plays, his footballing brain is incredible and he sees things many others don't. He should be the first name on the team sheet, every game

The FA Cup lost its shine a long time ago and any sort of BBC hype trying to make out this is some massive shock is deluded.

If you weren't giving credit after the Man City and Chelsea games then you probably wanted something like this so congratulations.

You really are a moaning bunch of tossers

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The FA Cup lost its shine a long time ago and any sort of BBC hype trying to make out this is some massive shock is deluded.

If you weren't giving credit after the Man City and Chelsea games then you probably wanted something like this so congratulations.

You really are a moaning bunch of tossers

Ooh we've got a feisty one here. 

First and foremost well played Newport. Enjoy this win and I hope you get a moneyspinner in the next round.

as for us, it’s clear to see we are lacking in attacking options and our whole squad is not as strong as we think it is. It will take a few windows to move players on and get the right players in.

whilst I agree that on paper this team should have got the job done, it is up to the manager to give the right instructions/tactics. Why we were hoofing the ball forward like we were I’ll never know. Whenever we played football we looked like creating something but did it so infrequently.

as for iheanacho, I’m convinced if we can play to his strengths he can do the business. Ronaldo/messi couldn’t have done any better with that service.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We just seem to run out of ideas when faced with a massed defence. We don't really have the nous to play through it, so we end up putting in numerous crosses, with hardly anything ever coming of it. Slimani has to be a better option in this situation.

I tend to agree with you as Slim does offer something different, not so sure that Puel would agree, like you said I would bring him back cannot do any worse surely ?? he needs to be attacking balls in the box rather than having his back to goal that's when he looks clumsy, but worth a go.

• Like 1

We need to bring back the sports science, psychology team. We're always naff on telly. They were a stronger team with lesser players. (punching the air after a tackle/clearance). Some peripheral players are just past it, don't care or are just scrounging a living now.

Use this window please Claude.