Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

6 minutes ago, SJordy12 said:

Can people explain why they want Puel in? We are not going anywhere under him, he’s got nothing about him. No motivation or emotion at all. People will go “oh your 8th in the table” or “ be realistic about where your going to finish”. Absolute nonsense. Yeah looking at the table it looks alright but when your watching the shit week in and week out it’s boring football. I don’t know any manager that plays 3 defensive midfielders against a team that are struggling. We are constantly dropping points at home to teams we should be beating and I’m not saying we should smashing teams and be challenging for top 6 or anything like that but I want to see fun exciting football back at Leicester. He messed up against Man City in the cup and we could’ve been practically in the final as we would’ve beat Burton. He plays a shit team against Newport and gets beat. Now we have nothing to play for. I just don’t see why people want him in. 

Presumably you are at training every day then and know the culture at the club? And no emotion? I beg to differ. Presumably all managers must behave like Jurgen Klopp on the touchline these days? 

One reason to keep him is that he has inherited an unbalanced squad for the style of football he has been brought here to play. I say again, he has a brief from the club to play this way. Perhaps for some the resentment goes deeper to the powers that decided to transition to a more possession based style...? 

It’s not easy transitioning to a new style of football, particularly one so different to counter attacking. I’m prepared to give him a few windows to sort it out, and his signings have been decent. 

He gives young players a chance, as opposed to buying 28-30 year old foreigners who struggle to adapt to the English game - another reason to back him.

As Saints fans know full well, the grass isn’t always greener.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kisnorbo fox said:

The point you made was based on us being 7th when we are actually 8th, therefore your point is completely irrelevant.. check the facts before typing my friend. 

7-8th - not much difference is there. Christ alive, before the beautiful 15-16 anomaly I’d have given my left bollcock to be 8th.

6 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

What vision?

Setting up not to lose at home against relegation fodder? 

Promoting sideways and backwards football?

Repeating the same mistakes week in week out?

Spunking cups up the wall every year to focus on doing nothing in the league? 

I see nothing but a future of "not quite good enough" under Puel. He has demonstrated nothing to suggest otherwise.

You see 'doing nothing in the league', I see us being one of the best of the rest. I see many youngsters already under the England radar, if they're not playing for their country already. 

I'm done with relegation battles every other season, it's shit when they don't go our way. Yes a cup win would be fab, but we need to be realistic about who we are and the money we have to spend. 

I'm absolutely sick of trying to explain to kids why continuity and stability for our club, over time, is the best way forward for us in the long term. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ousefox said:

I'm sure people can give you a list of constructive criticism for Puel. He hasn't changed one bit since the end of last season.

You think something coherent is happening now? That seems a very strange word to use. Is it his youth policy plan? Like someone said in another thread, only Chillwell seems to have improved under him; everybody else's development seems to have stalled, and some like N'didi, seem to have regressed.

If you seriously enjoy watching this I consider your boredom threshold is something else.

I actually wouldn't sack him until the end of the season as it doesn't matter now and there may be better options in the summer but we now have nearly half a season worth of barely competitive friendlies to endure. Enjoy!

I'm not happy with the way were playing in the least, I just don't think the solution is changing manager AGAIN. It's so one step forward two step back - especially mid-season, who takes over? Anyone pining for Pearson probably married the first woman that spoke them, its the same scarcity driven stupidity. Puel may not be the answer, but there just too many problems with the squad that would impact ANYONE in charge that we can't know that yet. 

I think people just need to reset their expectations - it's going to be ugly as we blood so many young players trying to build a squad organically (in the sense these guys play season on season together). I also think that some of the growing pains we experience now are unfortunately necessary for the long term ambitions of the club - I'd rather watch Hamza make 4 mistakes and end up losing us a game in what's essentially a push of a season so that he can take the lesson and be a better player when we're a better team. 

In the reality check press conference, Puel said his job is to take the pressure to shield the players - he's doing this admirably as I'm sure its tempting to just say 'well we had a gameplan that didn't include Mendy karate kicking a guy with his back to the goal barely in the area at 15 minutes in', but instead takes it on himself. 

41 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I'm not surprised to see so many people voting for Puel Out, because the game has only just finished, emotions are raw and it was the second terrible result in a week. Plus I understand and agree with some of the criticisms of Puel and go along with the idea that the league position belied our performances.

But managers are judged on results and, as bad as some have been, others have been good enough to secure a perfectly acceptable top-half standing, for now at least. Bearing in mind what has happened this year and the transitional nature of the season, we can't justify firing our manager when he's on course to achieve his objectives, solely on the basis of a few embarrassing displays, unspectacular football and the fact that people don't like him very much. Investment isn't everything, but ours indicates a side which is lucky to be in the top half of the table, and it's become increasingly clear that we're not as well-minted as some thought. We have to be careful what we wish for, because if mid-table isn't satisfactory it's more likely that we'll exchange it for a place in the FLC, than it is that we'll exchange it for a top 6 finish.

Where I would agree is that there are a lot of well-reasoned criticisms of Puel, as well as some daft ones, and we have to be wary of the impact the Newport game has. If there's a feeling that the season is over, coupled with a lack of belief in the boss, then we have to make sure it doesn't result in a serious collapse in form. It's important to learn the lessons of Wycombe 2001 and know that when a club hits freefall, which certainly hasn't happened yet, you have to act regardless of whether you're on track for a respectable finish. Looking at the fixture list, I'd say the next 4-6 games are crucial. If we fail to beat Wolves then there'll be little choice but to rekindle our spectacular form against the top sides in the following three matches. If we do, the board may well overlook the debacles against weaker sides, but if we don't we'll find ourselves in the bottom half of the table, and it's hard to see the manager lasting much longer.

But you could draw up a similar set of scenarios for most managers in the EPL and say 'if this happens they'll get fired in 4-6 games'. As it stands, it'd be very unusual for us to fire Puel and it'd also set a worrying precedent. Who would look at Leicester and think they could do better than 8th/9th with our level of investment?

We getting beat at home by 10 men 

We getting beat by league 2 team 

But at least we had 73% possession and made 555 passes to Southamptons 230 odd

So unbelievably frustrated :-(

Edited by damolcfc

2 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

We getting beat at home by 10 men 

We getting beat by league 2 team 

But at least we had 73% possession and made 555 passes to Southamptons 230 odd

So unbelievably frustrated :-(

Of course, me too. But I remember us failing to break down sides with ten men under O'Neill and Pearson too. And we lost to Harlow under Jock Wallace, and were thrashed by Grimsby under O'Neill, so that can happen.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Frost said:

Six points separate 7th-13th. The Premier League bar the Top 6 this season is largely dross and it's a case of making up the numbers whichever way you look at it (unless we crack 7th and Europe). Odds are after the next four fixtures we'll be in the bottom half as we have some tough games, especially after Wolves. Few points below on why I think Puel should be sacked mind:

1. Our home form is absolutely shocking, we can't build any momentum and it's a bore going to games. Atmosphere is flat and there is no connection betweeen manager and fans - i can't actually remember the last time we didn't sing a managers name during their tenure (okay, we have done a couple of times but you get my point). Generally, decent teams build their season on home form and nick what they can away, we show no signs of doing that. Something will have to give at some point - we've got 14 points from 11 home games (Wins vs Wolves, Huddersfield, Watford & Man City & still to play Man Utd, Arsenal & Chelsea).

2. I had absolutely no confidence we'd win today as you turn up at The KP and largely know what to expect - slow build-up play which if you sit deep against you'll always be in with a chance of 3 points as an away side (too many examples to list but West Ham and Cardiff spring to mind). 

3. Quite simply, the football is boring. How can any fan say they're enjoying going down to City at the minute? Puel's been here 15 months and what do we have to show for it? We throw ourselves out of cup competitions every year with embarrassing team selections & this season is a dead rubber already. I don't expect us to finish Top 6 like some lunatics as we're nowhere near the elite (both financially & abiltiy-wise), but I wouldn't mind actually watching us play fast, attacking football every now and again to keep things enjoyable. More side-ways passing, get down the line and then cut-back again - exciting.

4. Have we improved under Puel's tenure? You'd be hard pushed to say yes. The players are still accountable and need to take some flak but we're isolating Vardy who is our best player and ripping the heart out of what could be a young & promising team next season by playing 'War by Attritiion' type football, apart from the fact we don't wear the other team down. We need to let this team take risks.

Overall I'm just really frustrated and fed up. It's weird because out of the years I've been supporting City (first game was when Taylor was in charge!) this is one of our most successful periods as in being a stable top-flight club, but it really doesn't feel like it.

Anyway, off to the pub to drown my sorrows!

Spot on. We will probably win against Wolves as they probably won't sit deep (if they're daft).

53 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Br

Rafa is 100% class but plays very defensive football

I love Howe but can't see him coming here. Kind of a lateral move.

Rodgers is stealing a paycheck. He just isn't very good

I agree on the first two points, but surprised at the Rodgers comment. He got Liverpool painfully close to winning the title and before that, had Swansea playing some great football too.

His time at Celtic is a bit of a nothing to me. Of course, he certainly hasn't harmed his reputation there, but also I don't believe he has enhanced it much either. 

For me, he fits the bill - British, ambitious and experienced in the Premier League and known for playing a decent brand of football.

He will also likely be available this summer and I can see him buying into our ambition with the new training centre and stadium expansion. 

Those are the three I would target though. All experienced in the Premier League. Good English skills. Well respected in the game and ok Benitez is on the defensive side, but I still think all three would steer well clear of the brand of football the likes of Big Sam would play! 

Just now, STUHILL said:

I agree on the first two points, but surprised at the Rodgers comment. He got Liverpool painfully close to winning the title and before that, had Swansea playing some great football too.

His time at Celtic is a bit of a nothing to me. Of course, he certainly hasn't harmed his reputation there, but also I don't believe he has enhanced it much either. 

For me, he fits the bill - British, ambitious and experienced in the Premier League and known for playing a decent brand of football.

He will also likely be available this summer and I can see him buying into our ambition with the new training centre and stadium expansion. 

Those are the three I would target though. All experienced in the Premier League. Good English skills. Well respected in the game and ok Benitez is on the defensive side, but I still think all three would steer well clear of the brand of football the likes of Big Sam would play! 

His Liverpool side included Suarez who was probably the best player in the word that season. They leaked so many goals. 

What we witnessed this afternoon was far from the standard we expect in the EPL. The first half in pariticular was awful with simple passes going astray and schoolboy errors accounting for both their goals. Being unable to breakdown 10 men in the second half with all the possession we had against an outfit in the bottom 3 was deplorable. How on earth did we beat Chelsea & Man City? If this is the best you can do Mr Puel then it really is time you moved on to pastures new. Incidenntally, Newport lost at Crewe today.

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

What we witnessed this afternoon was far from the standard we expect in the EPL. The first half in pariticular was awful with simple passes going astray and schoolboy errors accounting for both their goals. Being unable to breakdown 10 men in the second half with all the possession we had against an outfit in the bottom 3 was deplorable. How on earth did we beat Chelsea & Man City? If this is the best you can do Mr Puel then it really is time you moved on to pastures new. Incidenntally, Newport lost at Crewe today.

Southampton weren’t even good. Thought they were awful actually and were waiting to get beat. We do what we do best though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Otis said:

Are we going to have a poll after every defeat?

Are people just going to repeat the same unfounded question?

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Last poll was on the 15th December, then 16th September. Unless I'm mistaken, very much not every game.

Out and not entitled.

54 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I have kind of lost track on who our assistant manager is at the moment - presumably we have one?! Is there anyone who could realistically act as caretaker manager until the end of the season. I kind of wonder if they will see how the Wolves match goes, and then after that we have something like ten days between matches, so if there were ever a good time, it is likely to be then. 

I really like his vision and I do see some improvement, but at the same time I also see players who appear to be regressing and massive areas of weakness where we don't see to have made any ground. But saying that I do believe that his strategies helped us get that win against Man City, and that's not exactly insignificant. It's so incredibly frustrating. 

Wins against Man City and Chelsea could also be down to players upping there game due to the opposition and wanting to impress while not being up for it against teams of lesser quality for what ever reason.

18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I had 2 fortune cookies with my vegetable chow mein tonight. I decided to open them as if I was doing it on behalf of Claude Puel.

The first one said,

LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES

the second one said,

A TRUE FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO CAN SEE THROUGH YOU AND STILL ENJOY THE SHOW

Hmmm?

I got one as well mine read.

ONE STEP FORWARDS, TWO STEPS BACK