Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Free speech

On 12/01/2019 at 20:26, Itsthejoeker said:

Say what you want in a public place, freedom of speech doesn’t apply on private property. 

That is a highly-discussed topic in law circles and I would argue that freedom of speech should apply to private property also or that companies/football clubs at least show a bit more common sense and tact when dealing with fans'/customers' opinions.

In any case, it makes for cringeworthy watching seeing a steward taking a small piece of paper away from an older woman.

In the extreme case, you'd have to ask yourself - what next? Are we going to get censorship or bans for critical chants or outraged fans who call the manager an "absolute twat" or "a disgrace" during a match?

I do hope the steward here acted on his own behalf and not because he was in any way, shape or form instructed to do so by the club.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

That is a highly-discussed topic in law circles and I would argue that freedom of speech should apply to private property also or that companies/football clubs at least show a bit more common sense and tact when dealing with fans'/customers' opinions.

In any case, it makes for cringeworthy watching seeing a steward taking a small piece of paper away from a pensioner.

In the extreme case, you'd have to ask yourself - what next? Are we going to get censorship or bans for critical chants or outraged fans who call the manager an "absolute twat" or "a disgrace" during a match?

I do hope the steward here acted on his own behalf and not because he was in any way, shape or form instructed to do so by the club.

lol I don't think that woman would thank you for describing her as a pensioner!

21 hours ago, Stadt said:

Weird that our rival’s fan base seems more clued up and reasonable than our own lol 

You are a brave, nay reckless man to say that on here.  How are the BASE jumping and bull riding going?

FIF’s post was on the Forest Forum right after he made it.  And their thread has now devolved into a page and a half of arguing about their “top 25 dislikes received” list.  Not to mention certain usernames.

FF1.thumb.JPG.8773f01f6975e5c0034d44ceab2560c9.JPG

FF2.thumb.JPG.f1ef2308fbf806e3087a06e5b3708763.JPG

So we can move forward safe in the knowledge that

(a)  they are still obsessed with us, and

(b)  they remain mutant, yet oddly primitive freaks despite the occasional odd flash of clarity.

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

In any case, it makes for cringeworthy watching seeing a steward taking a small piece of paper away from an older woman.

It's a fair bet the macho steward would not have dreamt of going into SK1 and taking it off of a 6ft plus stone island wearing bearded nutcase.

4 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

The absolute state of it lol 

No surprise that her son is trying to avoid being recognised with her. Hat, shades, programme in front of the face- textbook.

Yes that's right verbally attack an old woman if it makes you feel big. ( want a job as a steward? )

If you want the world outside FT to take the #puelout movement seriously, you've come up with the wrong faces for it.

OutersMafia.JPG.f0a0f29cf3a27b521a0b5cf69817b3e5.JPG

Four out of five look like the oxygen tubes just fell out of their noses

#PRdisaster 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I am sparticus.

We all need to bring a4 "banners" with puel out on.

Could someone make a replica of the lady's art work that we can all print?

Even those who are not puel out...add small print saying that: i might not agree with you views but i support your right to say them

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I am sparticus.

We all need to bring a4 "banners" with puel out on.

Could someone make a replica of the lady's art work that we can all print?

Even those who are not puel out...add small print saying that: i might not agree with you views but i support your right to say them

Plus Yellow Jackets, just to confuse the Stewards. 

On 14/01/2019 at 23:10, KingsX said:

If you want the world outside FT to take the #puelout movement seriously, you've come up with the wrong faces for it.

OutersMafia.JPG.f0a0f29cf3a27b521a0b5cf69817b3e5.JPG

Four out of five look like the oxygen tubes just fell out of their noses

#PRdisaster 

About as funny as you shitting your nappy.

10 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Stewards are generally social misfits, giving them a high vis jacket provides them with a little power and a purpose for a few hours in their lives. 

What a great thing to read in the morning...

But that's out of order, they're there to make sure we get to watch the game safely and help with issues you have. It's their job, have a little respect.