Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Free speech

16 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Going to stick this on a bit of A4 and take it to the next home game to test whether there is consistency of approach from the stewards 

4FA0EEEF-10F5-4EC5-B654-29D49079764A.jpeg.6dba3656e516820552e901e2d88b579f.jpeg

I hope you do and I hope the stewards don't notice or don't react and you're left sitting there like a donut holding a sign about your apparent left field sexual preferences.

That'll show 'em.

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Quite sad really that that lady cannot express her feelings in a peaceful vein of form. I also concur with the sentiment on her banner. Although I wasn't as polite about it at full time.

I sit near her and she was not peaceful at all. Some of the stuff coming out of her mouth was vile.

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I sit near her and she was not peaceful at all. Some of the stuff coming out of her mouth was vile.

I won't lie, I was appalled at how we played again. Like many people, I vented my frustrations but the key thing I noted was, almost every single person I have come to know at the ground didn't have a good word to say about Puel. 

The atmosphere was toxic for most of it and the boos at the end summed it up.

Edited by Robin JD Popley
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

If that’s the case they should really be removing her rather than her ridiculous but completely inoffensive piece of A4 paper. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Quite sad really that that lady cannot express her feelings in a peaceful vein of form. I also concur with the sentiment on her banner. Although I wasn't as polite about it at full time.

24D27CE5-37B5-485E-A77A-9C7611E05D0A.thumb.jpeg.bd87bb0028c35dba1af85f9a405abad1.jpeg

• Like 2

This is obviously an embarassement from every angle. And you should be able to criticise your football team's manager.

But as an aside, free speech is your ability to say something, not your right to say it anywhere. You have every right to call me a **** but you have no right to come into my house and call me a ****.

But wheres the line. .. we can cheer but not boo?  The club should be bigger than this.

Is anyone on here a steward?  Are stewards told to remove anti puel messages by the club or not?   Was this steward going rogue?

We need a clear message from the club about what behaviors will warrent intervention

Imo this was shocking... the lady was peacefully airing her view

Edited by foxinsocks

I think the whole act of preparing a poster and bringing it to the game to complain pathetic in the first place. Sure, if you watch the game and the performance is terrible then you have a right to boo, but this is a premeditated act of attention seeking - "ooh, look at me, I disapprove more than anyone else, I've prepared a sign at home". How stupid is it to go to a game wanting us to lose so you can have your own little bit of a spotlight at the end? Imagine if we'd thrashed Southampton, would she have been sat there all disappointed because the team won and she couldn't use her sad little bit of cardboard. It's the same kind of stupid mentality that leads to people wasting their money hiring flipping airplane banners at Man U and Arsenal.

If I was a child I'd be embarrassed to be behaving like that, a grown adult should have a bit more dignity than to make a fool of themselves like that in front of the world.

• Like 1