Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

The ever obliging Leicester City

5 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Same here, it's a horrendous thought isn't it? 

Yes haha. But I did watch MOTD this morning and if we don't get 3 points I'll be gutted. Fvcking Gibson and Hanley at the back, we've got to go for it there this season (even if it means changing and playing 2 up top for once).

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yes haha. But I did watch MOTD this morning and if we don't get 3 points I'll be gutted. Fvcking Gibson and Hanley at the back, we've got to go for it there this season (even if it means changing and playing 2 up top for once).

Weren't we linked with Gibson when he was at Boro, and we bought Maguire instead? Missed a bullet there!

Then the team's geist, not the manager, has to show,this obligingis a thing of the past...

It is that change of  thought & approach, that will see us Drive to those high-covetted positions more consistently...

We have come a long way, just Take in how the London-Media,Sky  & pundits & W.Ham team acted & have gone OTT ( like Arsenal )  by beating  "Leicester"

What I Dong understand,all put own fans,putting down Team & manager...If they want to nerve the opposition & push the disrespect to Leicester....

we Really should Take Away their Fire by Keep reminding them, that of all Teams from Top 1-4 & potential 10-6th,that unlike them Losing 1-3 players, our nucleus

of Top Established Stars and our Top cover  5-8/9 players have and still are suffering  or recovering from Chronic injuries,& Rodgers has not the

Financial Clout of our Top 1-8 competitors.This in itself prevents Rodgers tinkering & trying other formations/selection which other Teams Take for granted... 

Plus & write this in Block capitals, Rodgers unlike his peers, also managers of the Top 4,

doesn't moan or whine every 2nd game, over "their bad injuries" (1-3)..He stays humble, pushes the journalists queries aside and tells them nonchently

" We just have to get on with it, there is no use complaining, it is what it is"  For that alone Rodgers deserves better support from this forum...

We though as fans should push & recognise what problems & difficulties these Chronic injuries bring with them.

it is so easy to yap on about Perez, but that Energy they put in on our very own Players A,B or C, should be balanced against the more acute problems...

This is just happening in our historical period of us trying & having serious potential

of not just crashing into the Top 6, but a real potential of occasionally taking a top 4...

If We as fans ignore it, und belittle these Major issues, then so will outsiders...

I am proud of what we have achieved in These last 2 season,which would of been anyway difficult  without our long issues,

which are Not going to be sofftened or relieved for another half a season at best...

We seem to be under-valuing our squad  and Rodgers achievements...Hardheaded & stubborn, thankgod....!!

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Norwich have lost their last 12 PL games in a row, scoring only one goal and conceding 32 in that time....

then along comes Leicester 🤣

I'm not sure you quite understand the theme of this thread...

You know we won, right?

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm not sure you quite understand the theme of this thread...

You know we won, right?

Yeah this was posted just after they scored, and we were looking utter sh*te.

It’s the first PL goal they’ve scored in about 10 PL games going back to the last time they were in the league, but I couldn’t find the stat :( 

Edited by FoxesWalk

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

calm down 

Quite chilled, thanks but this thread does grind my gears! 

Guess we should have one that says 'the ever amazing Leicester City' as well? That said, I'd expect this thread somehow to have more comments than the positive one! 

Edited by lcfc_forever

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think you're mis-judging the thread it's meant to be deliberately self denigrating. I think it also has the effect of stopping some fans from getting "illusions of grandeur "

Without being patronising if it bothers you that much the answer is to not open it.

This. Its like those who get pissy about the death list each year. No need to get so irked by it considering its not going to affect them in any way, shape or form. 

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think you're mis-judging the thread it's meant to be deliberately self denigrating. I think it also has the effect of stopping some fans from getting "illusions of grandeur "

Without being patronising if it bothers you that much the answer is to not open it.

Respect your opinion and see where you're coming from, except on the 'illusions of grandeur'. I think this thread plays into some of the negative nonsense that's been written about Rodgers in other threads. I just find it a strange, fatalistic mentality. 

And yep, will avoid this thread as well :)