Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Why can't we put away 10 men?!

Because they sat in and we played to their strengths which was heading high crosses clear and passing it around in front of them.

In terms of balance, we've managed to get several positive results with 10 men over the past couple of years so it isn't just an issue for us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

In terms of balance, we've managed to get several positive results with 10 men over the past couple of years so it isn't just an issue for us.

This is true. As has been mentioned in other threads, we manage to thrive when there is a siege mentality feeling hard done by the ref.

Just frustrating we can't seem to rally and take the initiative when the shoe is on the other foot.

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Because James Maddison is shit at creating.

He should play as a CM if he wants to drop deep so often. At times Ndidi was further forward then him.. It’s ridiculous, Vardy is already isolated as it is.

I haven’t seen him create chances from deep and I rarely see him make a run into the box or run in behind.

I doubt we’d play him CM so maybe keep him left wing and play Barnes with Vardy. At least then Vardy might get some support alongside him and Maddison can link up with Chilwell.

9 hours ago, kingfox said:

Because James Maddison is shit at creating.

There's too much pressure on just him. What, so we give him the ball and say alright then do something? W can't just rely on one man to do this, especially such an inexperienced/young player. Southampton have a decent holdiing man in Romeu but, unlike our holding men, he actually went forward to.

Southampton's defence yesterday was insane second half. Literally all ten of their players camped in the penalty area. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool have the players who given enough time will probably be able to string an intricate move through that and score.  Everyone else would be relying on a shot from outside the box, a lucky break (which we sort of got via ndidis shins) or having enough big lumps in their to hopefully get on the end of a cross. In a nutshell we don't have good enough players to get much more than one goal against that type of well drilled deep defending.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Common for sides to be lifted when up against it with 10 men.

When Southampton went down to 10 men, if i was Claude i'd be thinking Oh Shiit.

Media and fans expect a comfortable win that rarely happens, anything else is seen as failure.

Especially when they've got a lead to defend.