Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Wagner leaves Huddersfield

9 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

It amuses me that the Puel Inners seem to have no grasp of the value of the bond between fans and team / manager 

You say that as though the people you are talking about are not fans. Interesting idea.

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I wouldn't say no in the future if he goes somewhere else and has some moderate success emulating Klopp's football. 

But the man is taking a break for a reason, he's jaded as **** after one and a half seasons of the Prem, with no expectation, with a chairman that's told him he can get relegated and keep his job. 

That's a warning sign. 

I might be wrong, but I just assumed that they’d agreed to use the break excuse so there is no animosity from the Huddersfield fans for him walking away.  

20 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I might be wrong, but I just assumed that they’d agreed to use the break excuse so there is no animosity from the Huddersfield fans for him walking away.  

The Huddersfield chairman has written a pretty lengthy bit about it being very genuinely mutual because he feels he needs a break. 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The Huddersfield chairman has written a pretty lengthy bit about it being very genuinely mutual because he feels he needs a break. 

It's actually a nice change from the usual cr4p you see dished out. 

But you're original point, if he's tired after 1 1/2 years in the prem, then maybe the rigours of the prem aren't for him, NP had a similar issue with the intensity of the press. It's a bloody tough job which people seem to forget

Why is this thread in the Leicester section of FT?!? Surely it'd be better aligned to either the PL thread or General Football section. As things currently stand we have a manager, and even if we didn't our previous links to Wagner were speculative at best so I really don't understand why we're discussing a former Huddersfield Town in a Leicester City forum. 

• Like 1

Any particular reason why this thread is in the LCFC forum? We are not looking for a new manager after all.

I think Rudkin will be keeping an eye on his situation ahead of the summer. From what I know about Wagner there are things that would fit in here such as fostering a good team spirit, has a connection with fans which always goes down well here and I think he may get the best out of someone like Vardy. He's done really well overall with Huddersfield but he's not the first manager to get a team unfashionable team promoted but he did overachieve keeping them up.

It would be risk for me, but then I think whoever comes in next will be a risk. Its unlikely anyone will come in and improve our league position from where we are now.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

But he he rocks up here a month after it it makes it even worse as they'll know they have been lied to.

55 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I am interested in wagner.  A good coach and charismatic.... he could do alot with the quality of players we have... and i think he would be bold enough to do the weeding that needs to be done. 

I hope we reach out to him asap

What are you actually basing that supposition on, just gut feeling? I can't say that when I've seen him in interview he's come over to me as charismatic,  unless he's come on directly after Claude ? Kopp also has a beard and glasses, you're not getting them mixed up are you? 

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

But he he rocks up here a month after it it makes it even worse as they'll know they have been lied to.

He’ll have had a nice 4 week break, taken Huddersfield as far as he could and now was out of the blue (pun intended) offered an opportunity too good to turn down. He will always have a special place in his heart for Huddersfield and especially Aaron Mooy who’s just finishing his breakfast in Morrisons before attending a meeting at the Marriott Hotel.

I think you could spin it Matt!

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

What are you actually basing that supposition on, just gut feeling? I can't say that when I've seen him in interview he's come over to me as charismatic,  unless he's come on directly after Claude ? Kopp also has a beard and glasses, you're not getting them mixed up are you? 

Yep i know what you mean.  But all teports by those at huddersfield di describe him as charismatic 

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Yep i know what you mean.  But all teports by those at huddersfield di describe him as charismatic 

It's only my sarcastic humour no offence meant but he's basically got a promotion and managed to stay up. Colin willy puller gets teams promoted a lot and he's full of charisma  (or something).

8 hours ago, Beechey said:

The difference being this. I know which I'd prefer.

Wagner:

Team From To Record  
P W D L Win %
Borussia Dortmund II 1 July 2011 1 November 2015 164 57 47 60 34.8  
Huddersfield Town 9 November 2015 14 January 2019 154 51 33 70 33.1  
Total 318 108 80 130 34.0

Jardim:

Team From To Record
G W D L GF GA GD Win %
Camacha 2003 2008 138 61 34 43 213 162 +51 44.20
Chaves 19 March 2008 15 May 2009 38 22 9 7 60 26 +34 57.89
Beira-Mar 2 June 2009 28 February 2011 66 25 21 20 87 72 +15 37.88
Braga May 2011 June 2012 46 27 10 9 84 45 +39 58.70
Olympiacos 5 June 2012 19 January 2013 22 16 3 3 47 19 +28 72.73
Sporting 20 May 2013 10 June 2014 35 23 8 4 77 28 +49 65.71
Monaco 10 June 2014 11 October 2018 232 125 52 55 438 286 +152 53.88
Career totals 577 299 137 141 1,006 638 +368 51.82

I would prefer Jardim, but comparing win percentages and such like is entirely dependant on the club and the situation.

Also my point was that you can't just judge a manager on his last handful of matches. Look at the bigger picture. What Wagner did at Huddersfield was an incredible achievement.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think it's mutual, but they are hardly going to say that they've mutually agreed that a new manager might stand a better chance of keeping them up and that Wagner wanted to move on to bigger things in the summer anyway. That would be more damaging to Wagner's reputation and standing with the Huddersfield fans.

Like I say, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wagner has magically recovered from his fatigue in a few weeks if the right job comes up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I think it's mutual, but they are hardly going to say that they've mutually agreed that a new manager might stand a better chance of keeping them up and that Wagner wanted to move on to bigger things in the summer anyway. That would be more damaging to Wagner's reputation and standing with the Huddersfield fans.

Like I say, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wagner has magically recovered from his fatigue in a few weeks if the right job comes up.

You might be right. It sounded fairly genuine to be honest but who knows? 

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Nein, nein, nein!

As much as I like what Wagner has achieved with Huddersfield, I don't believe he's the man to take a club like Leicester forward.

Then again, we've taken a gamble on foreign managers with glasses before.

_84251047_ranieritwitterleicester.jpg

Glasses as a base criteria.

I like it.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

I really hope we beat Wolves so that this shit can just go away.  At least for another week.

In this instance I don't think it would.

The majority of the discontent is aimed at Puel from 30kish supporters that go to home games and have spent over a year witnessing awful performance after awful performance and relegation form in Home matches. If anything a win away at Wolves would rile those people up even more.