Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Wagner leaves Huddersfield

Imo, they should of kept him and tried to follow the Dyche-Burnley idea....!!!

It shows there was no togetherness of single idea /future plans shared through management.

A platform doomed to failure...

One can throw idiotic terades against Burnley and Dyche,but so far its worked,they aren't panicking,and will stave off relegation.I

They might eventually face the drop,but they are doing damn well!!!

Many teams and clubs,like Huddersfield have to think more long-term,like Burnley......!!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, knitro said:

Honestly I think this thread is a little embarrassing, mostly because the same people clamouring for Wagner as next best thing and answer will be the same to slam him for his accent during press conferences or glasses or the fact that he's got 8 caps for the US or something. I like Wagner but hardly see what his body of work is that makes him a marked improvement on Puel - this club needs continuity and stability and choosing the 'you can't fire me I quit' guy who's club is tracking for a historically bad relegation campaign is the exact opposite. 

Absolutely. His previous history as mansger makes Neil Warnock a prime candidate. Colin has more promotions to his name, has spent less money and his team is doing a lot better! All hail Colin, get him down the City ... oh wait,  he hasn't got an exotic name or a glamorous mate! ???

25 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Imo, they should of kept him and tried to follow the Dyche-Burnley idea....!!!

It shows there was no togetherness of single idea /future plans shared through management.

A platform doomed to failure...

One can throw idiotic terades against Burnley and Dyche,but so far its worked,they aren't panicking,and will stave off relegation.I

They might eventually face the drop,but they are doing damn well!!!

Many teams and clubs,like Huddersfield have to think more long-term,like Burnley......!!! 

Good points. That could also apply to us perhaps? 

It's another Marco Silva situation really. Wagner did brilliantly last season to keep them up but their squad is pretty woeful, is he responsible for that? (seriously I dont know if they have a DoF etc.) I don't really understand why we're all turning our noses up at him now. It wouldn't be the most attractive appointment but neither was Ranieri.

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

It's another Marco Silva situation really. Wagner did brilliantly last season to keep them up but their squad is pretty woeful, is he responsible for that? (seriously I dont know if they have a DoF etc.) I don't really understand why we're all turning our noses up at him now. It wouldn't be the most attractive appointment but neither was Ranieri.

He'd get about 6 games from the fans and the daggers would be out yet again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ricey said:

Jardim had 6 points from 9 games for Monaco when he was sacked, yet he's been mentioned by some people for the Man Utd job.

I'm not say Wagner is the right man, but you have to look at the bigger picture.

The difference being this. I know which I'd prefer.

Wagner:

Team From To Record  
P W D L Win %
Borussia Dortmund II 1 July 2011 1 November 2015 164 57 47 60 34.8  
Huddersfield Town 9 November 2015 14 January 2019 154 51 33 70 33.1  
Total 318 108 80 130 34.0

Jardim:

Team From To Record
G W D L GF GA GD Win %
Camacha 2003 2008 138 61 34 43 213 162 +51 44.20
Chaves 19 March 2008 15 May 2009 38 22 9 7 60 26 +34 57.89
Beira-Mar 2 June 2009 28 February 2011 66 25 21 20 87 72 +15 37.88
Braga May 2011 June 2012 46 27 10 9 84 45 +39 58.70
Olympiacos 5 June 2012 19 January 2013 22 16 3 3 47 19 +28 72.73
Sporting 20 May 2013 10 June 2014 35 23 8 4 77 28 +49 65.71
Monaco 10 June 2014 11 October 2018 232 125 52 55 438 286 +152 53.88
Career totals 577 299 137 141 1,006 638 +368 51.82
Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

He did an excellent job there but it would be laughable if we sacked a manager on the basis of his football being boring to then replace him with the manager who has just mutually departed the non-scorers of this league. It would be a bit too risky for me to justify sacking Puel over.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He did an excellent job there but it would be laughable if we sacked a manager on the basis of his football being boring to then replace him with the manager who has just mutually departed the non-scorers of this league. It would be a bit too risky for me to justify sacking Puel over.

tbf to Wagner, his style of play was much more expansive in the championship. He's gone all Big Sam and Warnock in prem because realistically this group of misfits should never have come up really

9 hours ago, indierich06 said:

and he's fostered an amazing team spirit at Huddersfield - something that's been missing here since we won the Premier League.

Is that the managers fault... seems weve had three that couldnt do it

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Give over. One defeat and you'd hate him just as much as you do Puel. It's who you are.

You are quite wrong there. 

Btw I don’t hate Puel, I don’t know the guy. I have wanted him to be sacked for 12 months as I am very much opposed to the style of play. In fact if you’d like to check back on my posts I did predict what’s now happening in our home games back then. You can’t play with this ‘style’ and be so aloof and distant from the fans and expect to  have a good atmosphere.

Poor home atmosphere = poor results.

Check it out 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

Here is what I don’t get. 8th in the league is decent, but the atmosphere blows so what’s the cause?

People says it the style of play, which I see (but don’t actually agree with) so what’s the solution for Puel? (Assuming he capable of such a change)

1. More blood ‘n’ thunder type play?
  2. Puel mouthing off in a press conference "tu dois être une autruche!!”
  3. More dynamic longer play to Vardy?
  4. Shut up, it’s not my job to figure out what’s wrong, just fix it
  5. Puel is the son of the devil and should be driven from this Shire forthwith.

All the the above seem like stupid ideas to me (maybe #2 is ok for sh*ts and giggles)  but I am interested in people’s thoughts, please enlighten me!

• Haha 1