Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Wagner leaves Huddersfield

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Give over. One defeat and you'd hate him just as much as you do Puel. It's who you are.

sounds about right, given the fickle bloody nature of some of our "fans", we lose 4/5 in a row with Wagner and then theyd be wanting him out, or the footballs not "entertaining" enough :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Its baffling to me why he has left Huddersfield if anyone likely to keep them up he's the best opinion they have, they maybe bottom of table they are not in an impossible position yet, I doubt he would thrown in the towel, so I can only assume he was made an offer he couldn't resist or personal reasons that need to take him away from football 

Edited by southfox66

3 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Its baffling to me why he has left Huddersfield if anyone likely to keep them up he's the best opinion they have, they maybe bottom of table they are not in an impossible position yet, I doubt he would thrown in the towel, so I can only assume he was made an offer he couldn't resist or personal reasons that need to take him away from football 

I think Huddersfield are preparing for life in the Championship and would rather get someone in now that would have the time to prepare for that. There would have been a lot of interest in Wagner in the summer and they probably wouldnt want that disruption and uncertainty.

They could also be hoping the new manager bounce might get them to safety.

All speculation of course.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

So those grasping at straws want us to play so entertainingly like Huddersfield? ? 

Why would we play like Huddersfield when we've got one of the best and highly paid squads outside the top 6.

The blokes been polishing a turd for quite some time now.

He might be a decent fit for us 

( Could also be shite?)

10 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Why would we play like Huddersfield when we've got one of the best and highly paid squads outside the top 6.

The blokes been polishing a turd for quite some time now.

He might be a decent fit for us 

( Could also be shite?)

My points are Huddersfield play largely boring football with few goals irrespective of their personnel. And for that matter, I don't think our squad is quite as good as some have us believe. 

Furthermore, seems he has quit because the pressure is a bit much with the likely prospect of relegation, in light of the wording. Hardly Pearsonesque for example despite what he did last year when Swansea imploded. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

If the season were to finish tomorrow then I would agree. However our form has taken a nose dive in the past 3 games along with the quality of our performances and if we continue like that for the rest of the season it will be a very underwhelming end to the season. Puel does however have a habit of pulling something out the bag when things start to look ropey, i’ll give him that.

I’m not calling for Puel to be sacked for Wagner right away. I’m just throwing the idea out there that if Puel does go Wagner might not be a bad option. This Leicester side has bags of potential and if he can get that Huddersfield team playing to their maximum, imagine how good we could be if the same happened to us.

He's almost certainly a better motivator and man manager but I still don't see that it would be anything more than a sideways (at best) move on our part. It'd be totally underwhelming - I can't see how the people slamming Puel for a lack of ambition could be happy with appointing a man who's left his (admittedly shit) team bottom, 8 points adrift of Neil Warnock's Cardiff. 

I don't think he's a bad manager by any means and he's done wonderfully well at Huddersfield, and I'm also wary of turning my nose up at potential targets as I don't think we're anywhere near as attractive a proposition as many think. That said, when Puel does inevitably move on I would hope we would be able to come up with a more impressive and imaginative replacement than Wagner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

My points are Huddersfield play largely boring football with few goals irrespective of their personnel. And for that matter, I don't think our squad is quite as good as some have us believe. 

Furthermore, seems he has quit because the pressure is a bit much with the likely prospect of relegation, in light of the wording. Hardly Pearsonesque for example despite what he did last year when Swansea imploded. 

They play boring football because his squad is incredibly limited for this level and he's had to make the best of what he's got.

Come on, our squad is very decent with young internationals with good futures ahead of them and experienced players like Vards, Kasper and Morgan to help them.

They should be putting up better performances than they have since the beginning of the season and most of last.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Too many people on here suffering from ABP syndrome (Anyone But Puel). The main symptom of which is delusion. One of them will be along in a minute to say Bez from The Happy Mondays would have us playing scintillating one touch football and challenging for Champions League qualification.

Would have worked way better with ABC - Anyone But Claude?? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

He's almost certainly a better motivator and man manager but I still don't see that it would be anything more than a sideways (at best) move on our part. It'd be totally underwhelming - I can't see how the people slamming Puel for a lack of ambition could be happy with appointing a man who's left his (admittedly shit) team bottom, 8 points adrift of Neil Warnock's Cardiff. 

I don't think he's a bad manager by any means and he's done wonderfully well at Huddersfield, and I'm also wary of turning my nose up at potential targets as I don't think we're anywhere near as attractive a proposition as many think. That said, when Puel does inevitably move on I would hope we would be able to come up with a more impressive and imaginative replacement than Wagner.

Thats the point though, Hudderfield have no business being anywhere near the Premier League yet he motivated that very limited squad to go from nearly being relegated to League One to getting promoted to the Premier League and staying up.

Don’t get me wrong it would be a gamble but as i’ve said we have a lot of potential in this squad and if he can get them playing out of their skin week in week out then we really could go somewhere. To top this all off one of our players has publically announced how much he enjoyed playing for him.. how often does that happen? 

That being said it could be a gamble that fails. As much as I despise the football Puel plays it manages to scrape enough points from being so safe that we’ll never really be in danger of going down. We’ll be bored to tears but we’ll be safe. 

Depends on what you want really, take a risk and potentially get a reward or play it safe and never really go anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

They play boring football because his squad is incredibly limited for this level and he's had to make the best of what he's got.

Come on, our squad is very decent with young internationals with good futures ahead of them and experienced players like Vards, Kasper and Morgan to help them.

They should be putting up better performances than they have since the beginning of the season and most of last.

Our squad lacks sufficient pace in midfield and is lacking in attacking options to be as good as we would all like it to be in playing sweeping, attacking football. And counterattacking is largely out against sides that now sit back and prevent that. 

Moreover, though, back to Wagner, Huddersfield didn't play particularly scintillating football in the championship. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

44 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well if he does come, it won't be this season. He's going to look a bit of dick leaving Huddersfield, citing burnout as the reason, only to rock up a week or two later at Leicester.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this could explain him leaving now as opposed to May (wherever he ends up)

From Sky Sports:

"I had no intention of sacking David this season," Huddersfield chairman Dean Hoyle said. "Subsequently David - being the great man he is - came to us and made it clear that he needs a break from the rigours of football management.

"We discussed making that change immediately, but he also made it clear that he would give his all for the rest of this season before departing in the summer if we preferred.

"After a long discussion we all felt that David staying at the club until the end of the season was best, but we've kept discussions open and we all now feel that the time is right to part ways."
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11740/11607512/david-wagner-leaves-huddersfield-by-mutual-consent

4 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this could explain him leaving now as opposed to May (wherever he ends up)

From Sky Sports:

"I had no intention of sacking David this season," Huddersfield chairman Dean Hoyle said. "Subsequently David - being the great man he is - came to us and made it clear that he needs a break from the rigours of football management.

"We discussed making that change immediately, but he also made it clear that he would give his all for the rest of this season before departing in the summer if we preferred.

"After a long discussion we all felt that David staying at the club until the end of the season was best, but we've kept discussions open and we all now feel that the time is right to part ways."
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11740/11607512/david-wagner-leaves-huddersfield-by-mutual-consent

Possibly. But Wagner strikes me as a very honourable, honest man. If he says he needs a break, I believe him. I don't think we'll see him in another job until next season at the earliest. Maybe that will be at Leicester, maybe not.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

It amuses me that the Puel Inners seem to have no grasp of the value of the bond between fans and team / manager 

What a ridiculous post, generalisation overload , how can you question anyone's desire, bond or passion for the club just because they have a different  viewpoint to you? I'm an advocate of stability but I am not firmly a Puel in due to some of the frustration that all fans of the club feel. I would certainly not want to change manager to the detriment of the club particularly with the tragic recent events still being raw to Top, senior management and players.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Our squad lacks sufficient pace in midfield and is lacking in attacking options to be as good as we would all like it to be in playing sweeping, attacking football. And counterattacking is largely out against sides that now sit back and prevent that. 

Moreover, though, back to Wagner, Huddersfield didn't play particularly scintillating football in the championship. 

Our manager lacks sufficient tactical ability to overcome problems that his team comes up against on too many occasions.

Like I said, don't know if Wagner's the answer but Claude has been desperately poor in his pre match selections and game management.

• Thanks 1