Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Wagner leaves Huddersfield

What a job he's done taking Huddersfield from where they were to where they are now (I think our own Simon Grayson deserves some credit for taking them to the point where Wagner found them as well).

Managing that side in this league with those players and that kind of budget, it's understandable that he needs to take a break. He's giving them the best chance of staying in the division too as a 'new manager bounce' could be the difference.

Would he be as fatigued if he were in a more successful side with a more talented squad? Who knows, but I think perhaps not.

Personally I think he'd be a decent fit here under different circumstances, but he needs the break (and I'm a 'Puel In' kind of guy) so I'd rather he didn't walk straight into the King Power while he's chronically fatigued thanks very much!

My abiding memory of his time at Huddersfield was the day they won promotion. I was making the short drive up the M1 from Leicester to Coalville to visit my old man and the number of cars with Huddersfield flags and scarves waving out the windows was a sight to behold. They must've had an absolute riot that day.

• Like 3

Done absolutely superb to get Huddersfield in the PL, never mind actually stay up.

But anybody wanting him instead of Puel is deluded. They struggle to score, even went up with a minus GD. Be interesting to see if he does well somewhere else with better players.

• Like 1