Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Wagner leaves Huddersfield

Just now, nettle said:

Bit like Leicester then.

Not really is it? One is bottom and one is top half.

Huddersfield wouldn't take six points off Chelsea and Man City.

I like him, I think he’s done well there. I can’t remember a forward line worse than theirs in the prem. Mounie and that other complete donkey, can’t remember his name. He’s not had much chance with those 2 being the ones to fire them to safety again.

Do I think he’s worth sacking Puel for? From what I’ve seen of both of them, no. 

1 minute ago, Goober said:

I like him, I think he’s done well there. I can’t remember a forward line worse than theirs in the prem. Mounie and that other complete donkey, can’t remember his name. He’s not had much chance with those 2 being the ones to fire them to safety again.

Do I think he’s worth sacking Puel for? From what I’ve seen of both of them, no. 

Depoitre ?. He signed both of them. For me, not a replacement for Puel

Don’t want to go all “Stan Boardman” on everyone, (ask your parents) but what is it about ze Germans?

I mean I lived there a few times and love ‘em, my German Kumpels, and they do many things better than us, but managing a bunch of football players?

Just because they can sort out a gegenpress, it’s like they’ve discovered fire or something.

It’s like Scottish managers 10 years ago.

Quatsch.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

3 months ago I would have said get him in, now I wouldn’t because if there is any point in replacing Puel it is to try and take steps forward and I don’t think this is any guarantee.

No such thing as a guarantee though?

Any manager is going to be a risk. Even proven managers sometimes fail at certain clubs.

I think Wagner has proven to be an excellent coach and man manager. With better resources I don't think it's as much as a risk as people think.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

His father is a yank. And he chose to play internationally for the USA. But he was born and raised in Germany. Played his club football in Germany. To all intents and purposes, he's German.

Replace the American connotations for Algeria and the German ones for France and you've got :riyad: 

Not sure if Wagner is the man although I'm pretty sure we were interested before. People calling him is a little harsh. Huddersfield were on the verge of heading to league 1 when he came in. He introduced the high press and got the Terriers flying. They stayed up and next season were promoted. Plaudits from all over for their attractive style, work rate and energy. 

He then kept them up as relegation favourites. People doubting ask yourself this, what would Puel currently be doing with Huddersfield in a role reversal. 

Would Mourinho be doing any better with them?

I'm not sure Wagner's approach is defensive but he has arguably the weakest squad on paper so incredibly difficult.  Still doubt anything in it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

11 points from 22. 

"Get him in"

Haahhahaaahaahaahahahahaha

Jardim had 6 points from 9 games for Monaco when he was sacked, yet he's been mentioned by some people for the Man Utd job.

I'm not say Wagner is the right man, but you have to look at the bigger picture.