Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oadby.fox

Marc Albrighton signs deal until 2022

Great stuff. Very hard working, always puts a shift in. Cares about the team and getting a result. Also out of how many chances/crosses we've created this season I think Mark has probably made the most. If we had a big centre forward who can head goals in he'd be on a dozen assists already.

I think he seems to have all the attributes to be a good coach as well. He's someone who obviously works very hard at his game and very hard on he pitch.

He understands that you don't always (ever?!) have to beat a man to get a cross in (see also Guppy, Steve).

Delighted he might finish his career with us. 

• Like 1

Not bothered either way by this news, but out of all the players, he’s not the priority I’d like to see leave.

I think there is a bit of a foxes talk love in with him, he’s a grafter, and a solid squad player, without being anything special, and a position we should look to improve on.

He always gives 100 percent, but blows hot and cold, and I think he gets in more for his defensive work rate, rather than what he offers offensively.

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Properly winds me up when football fans think that if a team plays well its because they've put more effort in. As though all we need to do to win the league again is 'try a bit harder'.

The stars aligned, we had no injuries, we had Vardy, Mahrez and Kante all playing at a world class level, we had a defence that was limited but solid, we had a goalkeeper that only needed to save shots and is excellent at it, we had no competition from the big teams, we had some excellent players, we had amazing team spirit, we had a way of playing that was simple but effective among many other things.

Yep, all of the above, plus every player going 100% effort - everything they had in them to win.

• 10 months later...

'One of the guys I feel for' – Brendan Rodgers on title-winner amid longest absence from Leicester line-up
Brendan Rodgers says Marc Albrighton's qualities are suited to Leicester City's style of play

ByJordan Blackwell
17:03, 11 DEC 2019

Marc Albrighton still has a huge role to play at Leicester City despite his recent absence from the club’s starting line-up.

The title-winning winger has started just once in the Premier League this season, in the home win over Bournemouth, while his current 12-match omission from the 11 is his longest run out of the side since joining the club from Aston Villa in 2014.

Harvey Barnes and Ayoze Perez have been Brendan Rodgers’ first-choice wide-men, while Demarai Gray’s recent fine cameos have seen him become the go-to man off the bench, limiting Albrighton to just 117 minutes of Premier League football since August.

A traditional winger, whipping in crosses at the earliest opportunity, 30-year-old Albrighton possibly doesn’t offer as big a goal threat as his wing counterparts, but his delivery from wide among the best at the club.

Rodgers insists Albrighton’s game does fit into City’s style.

“If you actually analyse and look at our game model, we get a lot of crosses in, either from wide areas or players on the inside, in that space, so he definitely fits into that,” Rodgers said. “We play to the players’ strengths, that’s important.

“He plays off the left side, he’s got a wonderful ability to get his cross in from the inside, he can go on the outside. If he plays on the right side, he goes on the outside, can open up the pitch and he delivers.

“If you analyse our goals, a lot of them will come from crosses, so his qualities are very much suited to how we play.”

As would be expected of a model professional like Albrighton, he is pushing hard in training.

“What he gives us is absolutely everything,” added Rodgers. “Marc’s one of the guys that I feel for because he’s at 150 per cent every day in training. He gives his life.

“He doesn’t get a lot of game-time, but he along with some of the other guys are the reason we’re in the position we’re in because they give their all every day in training without the game-time, and that’s hard for a player.

“He’s just been unfortunate that the other guys have done very well.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/one-guys-feel-for--3633410

• Like 1