Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oadby.fox

Marc Albrighton signs deal until 2022

17 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

So how old will he be in 22. The only thing I’d say, is he can’t really hold down a regular place in the side now, so as time goes on and as he ages, it will be less likely.  Pleasing for him though, and a good reward. 

Wow if renewing a new contract makes you 10 years younger. SIGN me up now! :P 

• Haha 1

Workhorse, very reliable winger. I'll say it again, reminds me of Guppy.

Very happy with the contract extension, he's deserved it. One of the more consistent players in our current squad.

Just for the sake of it, Claude: Never play Marc at right-back ever again.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

This feels like when Andy King signed a new 4 year deal.

It really doesn’t. Albrighton impacts games even if he sometimes lacks a little quality. I always worry if he isn’t starting or imwhen he goes off. He sets the tone so often 

4 minutes ago, FLAN said:

It really doesn’t. Albrighton impacts games even if he sometimes lacks a little quality. I always worry if he isn’t starting or imwhen he goes off. He sets the tone so often 

Sharky Marky is one of those players who will give his all every game even if it ends up going to extra time. The amount of effort he puts in, he deserves to be awarded a new contract. Forever one of our own.

Hard not to like Albrighton and all good squads need someone like him. A reliable worker who can cover both wings, but also provide quality as well. Yes he is limited and its frustrating that he can one dimensional at times but deserves the extension. When he lose he's probably on of the first to get criticised which is unfair really as he never stops trying. Actually think he has better impact from the bench at times. 

Love it when he comes up with a bit of random sublime skill to beat a man, happens every now and again. 

On physical/technical ability, he's a solid and reliable - if unspectacular - player with some stronger areas and some weaker areas.

What really sets him apart though is the sheer effort he puts into every single performance. Even when he's been poor (such as Southampton) he gives absolutely everything he's got and his intensity has often made up for him having a technically off day. You never see him strolling about (unless he's completely dead on his feet after a solid effort). Of course, occasionally it means he tries too hard and it costs us (Newport) but that's forgivable within the context of the rest of his performances. The passion he shows is brilliant to see.

The fact that he's been able to adapt his game to perform with such consistency despite being put on the left, right, full-back and even at CM on occasion is testamount to his work-ethic and drive. Very similar to Milner in that regard.

Absolutely fantastic player to have at the club, a model pro, and this is brilliant news. Unbelievable to think that we scooped him up for nothing.

• Like 2

We need players like Albrighton in the squad. 

Yes, he can be frustrating sometimes, especially with the no look crossing to no body in the box time after time, but he works his absolute socks off and you know he is always capable of delivering a match winning cross or pass! (mainly due to the sheer number he puts in, granted! lol)

I think he is one of the old guard that makes sense to extend. I really hope we won't now see Wes, Simpson and Fuchs all extended to. Okazaki surely going though as well as Simpson/Fuchs but I would say Wes is likely, which I think would be a mistake. We need a fresh start at the back and a new captain too IMO. 

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Time to bring this back out.

The all-time GOAT.

With Messi.

Image result for messi albrighton

Fantastic pic. 

And Messi looks delighted to be in the presence of greatness. 

I bet Lionel has that signed shirt that he asked Marc for in pride of place at home.

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1