Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Wolves A Match Thread

Just now, PoshhFox said:

That Newport game has set in some massive downward spiral. Can’t see us getting much points for a while now.

Same thing happened after Wycombe in 2000 - 2001.

Just now, wattolcfc said:

Agreed but who picks the team and chooses Morgan - who is 35 this week, ahead of others. Who picks a massive out of form Mendy, and come to think of it Ndidi ahead of Choudhary on form? Gray has had so many chances to impress and fails every time. Maguire is also going backwards. Time for a change me thinks.

Oh I completely agree, Puel is a busted flush mate. He’s finished. He’s ballsed it and the players don’t even look bothered. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

The plunge has started. What excuse will the Puel In brigade use now that the "7th in the league" one has worn thin. 

Stop the rot and get rid. He literally has no idea with his team selection.

Being 7th in the league wasn't an "excuse" we were 7th and we'd been there or there abouts all season, so making out like people had no right to point that out as a valid reason for giving him more time is just ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Theyre only playing a style of football the manager asks them to. The way he sets the team up is wank. You might be happy to watch this week in week out but I’m not. There’s a reason Southampton fans despite everything still wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club. 

It matters not one jot who the managers team selection or how he set them up today, they were just dozy and inept individual performances, the players have to shoulder the blame for those. Just far too easy and predictable to blame the manager. That's not standing up for him it's just being fair.

Performances like this go beyond Puel's tactics. Simpson and Morgan look awful with and without the ball, we don't seem to be able to grasp zonal marking, we can't get the ball under control and our pressing is ineffective.

Mendy and Simpson off, Choudhury and Albrighton or Madders on.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He doesn't ask people to make basic errors. Look, he's going to carry the can and the writing frankly looks on the wall. But lets at least recognise that he's not being helped by some absolutely amateurish stuff by these players, because they are all going to be here when he's gone. 

Agree with what you're saying here. I'm starting to lean towards having Puel out, but with all these shocking individual mistakes I don't think Guardiola or Klopp could get us winning games.

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

I'm not a fan of Puel but this goes beyond him. The players do not seem like they are playing for him.

There's no excuse for our defending on both goals. We look all over the place at the back. Decent going forward but no final ball.

Gray lost possession for the first goal, and who tells the defenders to zonal mark?

Gray also had some great opportunities, but fluffed his lines? 

P U E L  O U T!

The way Mendy shuffles about with the ball a few seconds longer than neccessary then rolls it across to a team mate, with the ball arriving behind them causing them to adjust their run is excruciating, breaking any momentum a move might have. Over caution to the point of tediusy.

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Like 1

Morgan, Simpson, Maguire, Mendy, Ndidi, and Gray. All shite. If things don't pick up in the second half and we concede more, I think that might be all she wrote for Claude. I want him to succeed, but it's not looking good. In all honesty, it's starting to feel like Ranieri's second season, and if he does go, the next manager will have a job and a half with this group.