Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Claude Puel told job "Safe" - report

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Like how the Claude Puel fc supporters are using the wolves match which we lost to defend him lol

No weirder than discounting his wins against Man City and Chelsea

People were saying we dont score enough goals and they dont care about results they want excitement

We scored 3, the game was exciting, we lost.  Ticks all your boxes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

But this is the age we live in. Everything is an extreme, everything needs to be compared or told as it's the worst/best/most boring thing in the world. You're right about it being blah blah blah. It's white noise in a world where making something extreme is something people feel the need to get noticed.

I've been wavering a lot in the last six weeks about Puel. From out after Palace to "in and committed" after Everton, buying into the long-term goal, to the screaming frustration of the last three games. 

Part of me fears that he has to go simply because the fans have gone. He'll never get the fans back, and that's awful. Standing at Wolves was painful. Ninety minutes of filling a bingo card of anti-puel rhetoric all around me. Even got the "Qualiteee and Intensiteee" ticked off. These fans are so far gone it's unreal, and they're not coming back anytime soon.

It's so easy to be an "out" person for your team's manager because you don't lose. If he's sacked it's "told you so" and if they improve, your team does and its "ah well I was wrong but we're great now and I'm reaping the rewards." I so want his ways to work, particularly because we can't and shouldn't be wedded to a historical style of play or players forever. He desperately needs to improve us against the lesser team, the home record and our rate of conceding first. 

I agree with someone who said he probably won't go until the summer unless something absolutely drastic happens, and frankly if we keep chopping and changing managers we're sure to be in the Championship in 2-3 years time. I just hope, for everyone's sake, that if we do bin Puel his replacement is given the time, patience and ability to change things if they're in the same league position after this many league games.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the situation. In this season, of all seasons, it's a shame it's all come down to this and our fanbase is this fractured. It's true that at times the bloke hasn't helped himself with some of his decisions and actions (I was actually resigned to him going as I ditched a game early, for the first time ever, when the goals were flying in away at Palace last season), but I just really can't fathom the rabid joy and enthusiasm some people seem to get out of seeing us do badly under him ("hope we lose 6-0 so they sack the cvnt", "send the boring fvcker back to France" etc).

Results aren't ideal, but guess what, that's what it's like supporting Leicester from time to time. I'm not saying that it's not frustrating, or that we don't have a right to be ambitious and want to win silverware or anything like that, but the hyperbole being batted around is worse that 10-15 years ago (if people can cast their minds back, that's when we were *actually* shit).

As it is, I think I'll feel fairly ambivalent about it when he inevitably does go and I'll just be glad the shitty sniping and toxic atmosphere has ended for the time being. But I'll still be able to recognise the good he has done for the club - leading the players through the helicopter tragedy and putting faith in youth to the extent that two Leicestershire-born lads are now close to being regular starters for us in the top flight, while another of their fellow academy graduates looks comfortable for England in the position he plays. Shame some people will never give him credit for his role in those things.

I just hope those who believe there's no way back for "Le Fraude" :rolleyes: now, no matter what he might do, know what they're on about. A sacking is never the definitive answer to a club's problems, it's just often the easiest one...

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Not winning the league or finishing in the top six

Not getting relegated

Not signing players

Nothing to play for other than league position and the money it generates

He'll go in the summer, should've gone last summer.

Fans let it known at the seasons last game, real shame the owners had to witness the quiet protest.

Oh woe is me!!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

No weirder than discounting his wins against Man City and Chelsea

People were saying we dont score enough goals and they dont care about results they want excitement

We scored 3, the game was exciting, we lost.  Ticks all your boxes

Discounting his wins is poor agreed, and so is defending Puel for team selections in both cup games. I do hate to see so many leicester fans disagreeing with each other as we never had this many disagreements over a manager since Craig Levein, arguably, and yet we are in a comfortable league position. 

Thankfully no one on this forum has the tough decision to make in finding the best way to move our wonderful club forward. 

I am 1OO% passionate and behind our team as all our fans are but In my eyes Puel has taken us backwards since his excellent first couple of games. The discontent and disagreements between supporters shows he is not the right man for the job I think. I do not think Puel will lose his job now, I do think it will be end of season. Most likely for Rodgers as he knows the league well. 

5 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Discounting his wins is poor agreed, and so is defending Puel for team selections in both cup games. I do hate to see so many leicester fans disagreeing with each other as we never had this many disagreements over a manager since Craig Levein, arguably, and yet we are in a comfortable league position. 

Thankfully no one on this forum has the tough decision to make in finding the best way to move our wonderful club forward. 

I am 1OO% passionate and behind our team as all our fans are but In my eyes Puel has taken us backwards since his excellent first couple of games. The discontent and disagreements between supporters shows he is not the right man for the job I think. I do not think Puel will lose his job now, I do think it will be end of season. Most likely for Rodgers as he knows the league well. 

I think to say he has taken us a step backwards us harsh considering we have lost Mahrez and are doing ok overall in the league

You could argue that he hasnt progressed us much, but then again I go back to us losing Mahrez and maintaining mid table and think thats not too bad in Puel's first full season in charge

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I finally understand it. What people want is an attacking, entertaining side that has consistent results against the midtable and relegation candidates. In other words, they want to be a Top 6 side.

That is one way to look at it. And I can not speak for others. I expect a top half finish, playing football that entertains the fans. With players showing constant improvement and application to play for the team I support for 3O+ years. I expect to lose roughly 1O games per year as a top half mid table team will. I think a decent cup run is the best chance for a trophy for us and Puel has failed us on this with woeful team selections. I would have liked by middle of January to know our best and starting 11 instead of making constant changes each week. We have a very good young side which can cause many teams problems when we attack. I think a manager who allows players to play with a bit of freedom will see some huge improvements in our play and as a whole fans will be creating a superb atmosphere at home games again. 

Players have generally in my eyes gone backwards. Players like Ndidi who looked superb when he first joined now looks average at best. Puel has done well playing younger players and given plenty of game time, Yet he is too stubborn with his team selection at home which are extremely dull. Puel style of play wants more passing which is great, so why get rid of Silva and Iborra who most would agree are our best passers. Ndidi and Mendy control the ball further than I can kick it. Constantly changing player positions is not helping either. Is Maddison better behind the striker or left midfield or wing. Play him in his best position. 

I agree that several players are regressing. Yet Morgan is first pick, Allbrighton is messed around,I can't remember the same side being selected consecutively. It's a shambles and like other posts I hate to see support so split,the football so dire and a complete lack of identity 

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I think to say he has taken us a step backwards us harsh considering we have lost Mahrez and are doing ok overall in the league

You could argue that he hasnt progressed us much, but then again I go back to us losing Mahrez and maintaining mid table and think thats not too bad in Puel's first full season in charge

Valid point!!  Certainly losing our most creative player has not helped and league position is reasonable.

I do think replacing him with ghezzal was a poor decision [ not all Puels fault as our scouting involved in that too] I do not think Puel handled Mahrez situation well at the time last Jan 2O18, we should have sold him then, and not brought him back in to start the team as soon as he came back. Should have gave Gray rest of season starting rm to see if he is going to be good enough. instead we still are unsure on Gray as he plays one week then benched the next. 

I think we have a far more capable team than we are showing playing football in a way which is exciting to watch and helps create a superb atmosphere at home games again instead of the negative football we have seen for a while now. 

Puel has steadied the ship in those terms keeping us in reasonable position in the league. But I do not see any players in our team playing to their max capabilities, most are going backwards I would say. 

Puel has had a tough time trying to remove a host of players which is never easy for any manager on limited funds. But he needs to win the support and backing of the fans if he is to stay next season I think. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HKFox said:

most are going backwards I would say.

Compared to what? With the exception of Ndidi, who frankly looks worse because he's being asked to pass the ball, it's a much of a muchness in terms of performances compared to the 18 months before he joined.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Compared to what? With the exception of Ndidi, who frankly looks worse because he's being asked to pass the ball, it's a much of a muchness in terms of performances compared to the 18 months before he joined.

Also this. Ndidi was always s*** at passing. We all said "if he improves his passing Liverpool will buy him" lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It's tough though. I'm not disagreeing with your point but players' performance influence the fans too. It works the other way too.

Agreed, I just feel we could be doing more as a fanbase to at least liven the games up, and instead of booing and jeering, get behind the team.

I know full well that atmospheres like the CL games and the title winning season cannot be replicated without amazing performances like that on the pitch. It's just a sour atmosphere at the minute. I guess there's still some way to go if we want to be like West Ham...(last season).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HKFox said:

That is one way to look at it. And I can not speak for others. I expect a top half finish, playing football that entertains the fans. With players showing constant improvement and application to play for the team I support for 3O+ years. I expect to lose roughly 1O games per year as a top half mid table team will. I think a decent cup run is the best chance for a trophy for us and Puel has failed us on this with woeful team selections. I would have liked by middle of January to know our best and starting 11 instead of making constant changes each week. We have a very good young side which can cause many teams problems when we attack. I think a manager who allows players to play with a bit of freedom will see some huge improvements in our play and as a whole fans will be creating a superb atmosphere at home games again. 

Players have generally in my eyes gone backwards. Players like Ndidi who looked superb when he first joined now looks average at best. Puel has done well playing younger players and given plenty of game time, Yet he is too stubborn with his team selection at home which are extremely dull. Puel style of play wants more passing which is great, so why get rid of Silva and Iborra who most would agree are our best passers. Ndidi and Mendy control the ball further than I can kick it. Constantly changing player positions is not helping either. Is Maddison better behind the striker or left midfield or wing. Play him in his best position. 

You want to lose 10 games a year? Watford, who are 7th, are currently on 8 losses with over 10 games to go. Mid table teams would be doing very well if they lost only 15 games in a season. 

The starting XI problem is largely a red herring, I feel. Wolves, who are a lot more inconsistent than us, have the most settled starting XI in the prem. Rotating players in and out of the squad give everyone oppurtunities to play and is useful for blooding in younger players, not to mention allowing for tactical flexibility. On top of this, a lot of the changes we have made this season have been forced by injury. 

Edited by Nicolo Barella

28 minutes ago, HKFox said:

He has stabilised the Backline...The Mahrez-move...Backed Chilwell....

Anybody against Ghezzal...then found Periera,Rekindled Mendys career(though poor last 3 games),previous CBs worries settled,

a team carrying Nachos,total lack of realising his potential.

An off form,and injured Vardy.A team favourite Ndidi,off form,and making infield basic passing errors....Naaa using Ghezzal,as a stick to beat Puel with!!pathetic

His team I will agree ,are not giving us regular above average performances,often frustrating results.....but I will take the positives against the negatives,

In this rebuilding period!!!...

Good job,we don't have a "digger". Available to disgruntled fans...:D

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Justification indeed!

Performances are pretty much the same dross 2 managers were sacked for so keep him as it’s no worse!!! 

I thought he'd be kept on here until the summer as a bare minimum, from Top's perspective it would be folly to get rid of him right now, despite our very recent slump in form since our productive festive spell, the home loss to Cardiff aside. As others have said the season is effectively over now and even chasing 7th is no longer likely to be easy because of our sheer inconsistency. 

What's worse is that the worry is, as one or two have said on here and on radio call in shows is that in the light of the Newport cup debacle that the side may repeat what it did after their last FA Cup exit shock v Wycombe in 2001 and go on a horrendous run. Back then we were riding high in the Prem. at the time (4th)….only to fall away to 13th by losing something like nine on the spin after the Wycombe game! Somehow Peter Taylor still kept his job after that until the following September....! Lose the next four games or so then maybe he won't be here until May after all....but I think the side is a lot better than current form suggests and just need to return to form...….starting with sorting out the defence!