Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Claude Puel told job "Safe" - report

On 22/01/2019 at 08:10, Dames said:

Looking at the 3 games coming up I would take this with a massive pinch of salt. By the end of them we could be on a 7 game losing streak and there would be very little grounds for Puel to keep his job. Puel is slippery and I wouldnt be surprised if we managed to get 7 points from the next 3 games but then go on another dire run after. 

Although with the belt tightening thats happening at the minute it wouldnt surprise me it the club are reluctant to sack him because of the pay off involved, the club have afterall resorted to not playing players so they don’t have to pay transfer installments.

Couldnt bring myself to give rep points due to your second paragraph, but your first one is the sort of thing i expect.

Ao half a thumbs up for you. ?(well that didn't work ?)

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes that’s what’s you’d expect with Vardy, which I think you will find is what I said at the end of last season. He had the best conversion rate for anyone who played a decent amount of games; at a rate that wasn’t realistic to expect it to continue. 

I suspect without Vardy’s exploits Puel would have been gone last season, and deservedly so after the last 20 odd games. 

Not sure Vardy can be held responsible for poor performances / results during Claude’s tenure.

Nice swerve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Couldnt bring myself to give rep points due to your second paragraph, but your first one is the sort of thing i expect.

Ao half a thumbs up for you. ?(well that didn't work ?)

Haha if rumours are true we aren't looking to play Silva because we would owe 5m in Euros if he makes another appearance. I imagine sacking Puel would command a similar pay off and it might be something the club can't afford until the end of the season/when the next TV money installment comes in.

The only way this would change is if we became in danger of being relegated putting those potential finances at risk but I think we are safe. Puels style of play will at least see us accumulate enough points to stay in the league.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Haha if rumours are true we aren't looking to play Silva because we would owe 5m in Euros if he makes another appearance. I imagine sacking Puel would command a similar pay off and it might be something the club can't afford until the end of the season/when the next TV money installment comes in.

The only way this would change is if we became in danger of being relegated putting those potential finances at risk but I think we are safe. Puels style of play will at least see us accumulate enough points to stay in the league.

£5m is easily covered by finishing two or three places higher. I doubt that is the reason for keeping him as manager.

It’s been said but Top has a lot going on. Look at this from a pure business perspective;

wage bill down

net spend low

revenue unaffected 

average age of squad down

long term contracts sealed on biggest assets

comfortably in mid table

Now there’s other things to consider but as an owner you weight that up against the fact that the football isn’t that exciting and the players might not like his methods, or the fans think he isn’t dynamic enough. 

As as an owner for now...given everything that’s happened. I’d be like so what, tell them to get in with it. Summer may be different...

28 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You wouldn't have Ricardo as an automatic for your first eleven?

First player on the sheet for me.

I was picking just the first 7..on youth alone...then any of the others filling in!!!!

and I agree Ricardo would be in my 1st 11...

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

£5m is easily covered by finishing two or three places higher. I doubt that is the reason for keeping him as manager.

Could be if we don't have 5m to hand to pay out.

I doubt its the sole reason he's staying on. I think the club are prepared to give him as long as they can until either things improve or his position becomes untenable. I imagine that the financial side of things will be a factor in them not rushing to a hasty decision though, they are business people after all.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, st albans fox said:

Albrighton picking up a serious hamstring injury when training a day before a league game is an interesting one - we are told that the players don’t like these quite strong pre game training sessions - wonder how this has gone down with the squad ???

Where did you get “day before”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Albrighton picking up a serious hamstring injury when training a day before a league game is an interesting one - we are told that the players don’t like these quite strong pre game training sessions - wonder how this has gone down with the squad ???

Didn't people try to pin Liverpool's injuries on Klopp's intense training?  They get injuries but they're doing pretty well

I thought the problem was the training was too slow and boring?

Cant remember any other cases like this of Albrighton's.  We havent done too badly for injuries like this

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The same one he had last week also?..... :appl:

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The same one he had last week also?..... :appl:

I'm playing devil's advocate but the fact today isn't 'training a day before a league match' perhaps @st albans fox is alluding that it happened last week, the day before a match?

Afterall the first we heard about it was when the teams were announced ahead of last weeks match.

(That was certainly the first i'd heard about it anyway, didn't even know what the injury was at the time)

35 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Didn't people try to pin Liverpool's injuries on Klopp's intense training?  They get injuries but they're doing pretty well

I thought the problem was the training was too slow and boring?

Cant remember any other cases like this of Albrighton's.  We havent done too badly for injuries like this

Reports we've heard are slow and boring but high intensity the day before a match.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm playing devil's advocate but the fact today isn't 'training a day before a league match' perhaps @st albans fox is alluding that it happened last week, the day before a match?

Afterall the first we heard about it was when the teams were announced ahead of last weeks match.

(That was certainly the first i'd heard about it anyway, didn't even know what the injury was at the time)

Aye fair enough! I wondered actually if it had happened in the Southampton game as he came off that game and stayed on the bench against Wolves before dropping out of the squad with an injury for the Liverpool game.