Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Claude Puel told job "Safe" - report

14 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Wow! We've turned into a bunch of supporters for whom losing to Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs is completely untenable.

It almost makes me wish we'd never won the league.

Almost.

Not really.

Look at it this way.

Everton win.

Newport loss.

Southampton loss.

Wolves loss.

Liverpool loss.

Man Utd loss.

Spurs loss.

That's only saying that we do lose our next 3 against them.

What if it looks like this after.

Everton win.

Newport loss.

Southampton loss.

Wolves loss.

Liverpool loss.

Man Utd loss.

Spurs loss.

Crystal palace. Loss.

Brighton draw.

Watford loss.

Based on 10 games this is also very realistic 4 pts out of 30.

But hey this is leicester we might beat Liverpool,Man Utd, spurs haha

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Not really.

Look at it this way.

Everton win.

Newport loss.

Southampton loss.

Wolves loss.

Liverpool loss.

Man Utd loss.

Spurs loss.

That's only saying that we do lose our next 3 against them.

What if it looks like this after.

Everton win.

Newport loss.

Southampton loss.

Wolves loss.

Liverpool loss.

Man Utd loss.

Spurs loss.

Crystal palace. Loss.

Brighton draw.

Watford loss.

But hey this is leicester we might beat Liverpool,Man Utd, spurs haha

Some will say cruel next run of games..but we won the title over 38 games,so that's how I will rate this season....

Plus are Both Brighton + Palace,even Southampton going to go on 4 game runs,to push us down to 14-15th...I

Speaking out loud,if Puel had us only picking up 2-4 points from the rest of the season,I would jump on the "out" bandwagon,but also

questioning even our young-players. I doubt individually if Chilwell/Maddison/Barnes could save us...but a word I don't really like,

I would expect a collective group of Chilwell/Maddison/Soyuncu/Choudry/Barnes/Ndidi /Gray   to be strong enough to grab hold of their futures,

and get at least 12-14th...And these 7 are now are the players I would be putting down on my 1st team sheet,every week!!! force

Why not now force the issue...!!  That leaves Kasper..Evans..Vardy..Periera...or Silva..Maguire..Albrighton to call on!!

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Everton win.

Newport loss.

Southampton loss.

Wolves loss.

Liverpool loss.

Man Utd loss.

Spurs loss.

Crystal palace. Loss.

Brighton draw.

Watford loss.

Newport was a cup game, so that's 4 points out of 27. Not saying its good (far from it), but don't mis-state facts.

Speaking about mis-stating facts, you've invented what is essentially a 'worst case scenario' of results for our next 6 and using that as grounds for your point, which seems completely misleading. To illustrate, and seeing as you seem keen on extrapolating; if we win all 6 of our next games our 9-game trend would net us 89 points over a full season and a decent shot at a second title.

I can understand the Liverpool/Utd/Spurs results as they seem likely (although Spurs having a few injuries could give us a chance), but we'll be favourites against Palace/Brighton at home and it'll be a close affair at Watford. A bit of fortune going our way can see us go from 4 points out of 27 from your prediction up to a reasonably realistic 10-12. That's more than a point per game and over a full season would put us on around 45-50 points, which is about right for where we are as a club.

Considering the tragedy earlier in the season, the shift in focus to youth, and reigning back the unnecessary spending from previous years, I think Puel is doing an alright job in terms of results.

And after the Wolves game its hard to argue that we're always boring. Lacking a clinical edge, perhaps, but that'll come in time as our young squad gains experience and we add a few new heads. Barnes already looks to be an improvement in that regard.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 3

How true this is I don't know and I'm not an ITK, but one of my cousins mates was with Jamie vardy's agent today, and hes said apparently Brendan Rodgers is more or less 100% a done deal, again im not sure how true this is I don't know but from what he's said about a few deals in the past they've come good every time, we shall wait and see 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, copunk said:

How true this is I don't know and I'm not an ITK, but one of my cousins mates was with Jamie vardy's agent today, and hes said apparently Brendan Rodgers is more or less 100% a done deal, again im not sure how true this is I don't know but from what he's said about a few deals in the past they've come good every time, we shall wait and see 

He's 50% wrong.

So he may well survive the season. However,a decision regarding his long term future here will have to be faced probably at the end of the season. Will we go in next season with a manager with less than a year on his contract left to run and all the uncertainty that can make among the playing staff, Will he get a contract extension, would he even want it, or will we replace him?

I'm assuming his contract ends at the end of the 19/20 season. Sounds a long way off but in terms of planning it really isn't.

Hard to call what will happen and the board have a tricky decision to make.

2 hours ago, copunk said:

That‘s about five different subsequent steps of ITK sources, so I‘d say you‘re in the vicinity of 20% truth. :ph34r:

20 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

I didn’t say I’d sack him did I? I feel that 5 premier league defeats in a row ( if it happens) alongside the cup defeat to Newport plus all the negative press stories we keep seeing written will mean he’d go. 

Fair enough, and for the record, I get the context. It's just I'm pretty sure there are those who would.

He should definitely go but we’re going to finish 11th or 12th this season so I can understand why the board would wait until the summer as there is no real rush and the club has to make sure the replacement is a good one considering the number of managerial changes we’ve had over the last four years. The only reason to change now would be if there was someone out there the board believes would give us a really good chance of finishing 7th this season and potentially qualifying for Europe, but I don’t think there’s anyone that good readily available.

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

He's making the point that the "defensive" stuff chucked at him isn't particularly true. Conservative at times? Yes. Slow to throw caution to the win? Yes. But the way people go on you'd think we were living off scraps, backs to the wall all game just with a focus on defending. Compare it to what we face most weeks from other clubs and it's not defensive football, he'd have probably picked up more points if we were defensive all the time.

And who is having all these shots under this tactical genius that is Claude Puel.

The wrong people, the ones who are not goal scorers, while the one who should be getting the chances IS living off scraps.

Flawed Claude.

8 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

And who is having all these shots under this tactical genius that is Claude Puel.

The wrong people, the ones who are not goal scorers, while the one who should be getting the chances IS living off scraps.

Flawed Claude.

Maddison and Vardy are having the majority. Vardy has the 13th most shots on target in the league and 4th most big chances missed. Soooooo.

• Like 3

On 22/01/2019 at 10:51, Ian Nacho said:

Whether you like him or not. Let's get behind him until the end of the season at least. 

didn’t he literally say the other day that our support wasn’t his concern 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Maddison and Vardy are having the majority. Vardy has the 13th most shots on target in the league and 4th most big chances missed. Soooooo.

Yes that’s what’s you’d expect with Vardy, which I think you will find is what I said at the end of last season. He had the best conversion rate for anyone who played a decent amount of games; at a rate that wasn’t realistic to expect it to continue. 

I suspect without Vardy’s exploits Puel would have been gone last season, and deservedly so after the last 20 odd games. 

Not sure Vardy can be held responsible for poor performances / results during Claude’s tenure.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader