Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Claude Puel told job "Safe" - report

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I finally understand it. What people want is an attacking, entertaining side that has consistent results against the midtable and relegation candidates. In other words, they want to be a Top 6 side.

That's it so we only need about 500 million invested and we'll be there!

If only we thought about this sooner...the fans would be happy.

Listened to both "phone ins" last night, local BBC radio and Taggs and Elliott on FB. 

For me Taggs and Elliott didn't go to town on Puel at all, but Pipes made some interesting observations on the Wolves game.  There appears to be a disconnect between Puel and the rest of the management staff.  When that fourth goal went in there was next to no reaction from the bench and likewise when we drew level a couple of times and Puel showed "passion", there was still little reaction from the bench.  It is odd.  It's coming across as though it's Puel vs the staff vs the players for me and reading the body language it looks strange.

Personally, I think he's as good as gone now.  He could win more than he loses over the course of the remaining games and you'll still have fans turning round saying the players did it their way rather than a Puel masterstroke.  He's the architect of his own downfall and has 100% brought it on himself imo.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Listened to both "phone ins" last night, local BBC radio and Taggs and Elliott on FB. 

For me Taggs and Elliott didn't go to town on Puel at all, but Pipes made some interesting observations on the Wolves game.  There appears to be a disconnect between Puel and the rest of the management staff.  When that fourth goal went in there was next to no reaction from the bench and likewise when we drew level a couple of times and Puel showed "passion", there was still little reaction from the bench.  It is odd.  It's coming across as though it's Puel vs the staff vs the players for me and reading the body language it looks strange.

Personally, I think he's as good as gone now.  He could win more than he loses over the course of the remaining games and you'll still have fans turning round saying the players did it their way rather than a Puel masterstroke.  He's the architect of his own downfall and has 100% brought it on himself imo.

If staff arent celebrating goals...such deep running problems in this club.

We're keeping this family vibe but its increasingly starting to resemble the Manson family

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If fans don’t renew because they don’t like the manager (which won’t happen) than they’re clearly not that bothered about the club 

I can see many existing fans deciding to pick and choose their games rather than turn up every other week to watch the garbage *entertainment* served up under Puel. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if non season ticket holders are already doing it.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Justification indeed!

Performances are pretty much the same dross 2 managers were sacked for so keep him as it’s no worse!!! 

Well I'd say performances were better than Ranieri's second season, results certainly are. Shakey was hard done by with the fixture list and was harshly treated. My issues with him was I didn't think there would be any long term plan or attempt to adapt. 

Pointless doing anything now unless results and position drop off a cliff and see where we are in the summer. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If you spend money on a Leicester City season ticket because you expect to be entertained every time you use it then you are an idiot.

Not being entertained or not enjoying the experience. What's the difference?

6 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Not being entertained or not enjoying the experience. What's the difference?

You can enjoy the experience regardless of what happens on pitch. I've been to some absolutely rubbish matches (the last two league trips to Peterborough come to mind) and enjoyed the experience because the away atmosphere is a lot better, people who are there to have fun rather than hyper-focused on the scoreline. Doesn't change that people expecting on pitch entertainment have forgotten what the clubs been for most of its history and have a daft sense of entitlement. You want to be entertained by what you see - go cinema, it's far more likely than at any football match unless you support someone like prime Barcelona.

• Like 1

Unless we lose the three games in a row I think his job is safe until the summer, I can't imagine with all that's people going on over this season that TOP would want to be looking for a new manager. I reckon he will probably go in the summer, I won't at all surprised if TOP is certainty wary of the situation of the teams performance and the fans reaction as is already making plans ahead of the summer in thinking of replacement. Likely I'm expecting that to be Benitez who I think is been on his radar for sometime. I don't think TOP would wanna risk sacking Puel now and Rafa turning us down and there panicking to find a replacement to cover us for the rest of the season. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

The next 3 matches are a free hit for Puel. No one seriously expects us to get anything from any of them. Ok if we are thrashed in each one questions may be asked but, if we lose all 3, as I expect us to, then I don't think this will matter to the board or the owners. However, the final 2 games of February at home to Palace and Birghton would then become really key fixtures for Puel. Our home form is wretched and these are games we should be targetting to win. Of course it is never easy but if we do lose the next 3 then anything other than 2 wins from those could really see the fans turn even more against him. Especially if they are dull losses with poor perfomances.

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I finally understand it. What people want is an attacking, entertaining side that has consistent results against the midtable and relegation candidates. In other words, they want to be a Top 6 side.

You actually raise a very valid point. If fans (myself included) expect to dispose of mediocre teams at home on a regular basis then we either even things up by being shite away from home or against the entire top 6, otherwise we will be knocking on the door of the top 6.

However, this is why the rest of the pack are distinctly mediocre and even the 7th best team is likely to only get around 55 points as there will still be a lot of dropped points, that's why it does feel like we're crap and yet we are still in and around 7th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

What pipes said is what I’ve heard ......from a source outside the club. I can’t divulge or would break a confidence. The word that was used - ‘toxic’.  I would have thought that it’s a matter of time .... I just hope we don’t ‘lose’ any players because of the situation. 

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You can enjoy the experience regardless of what happens on pitch. I've been to some absolutely rubbish matches (the last two league trips to Peterborough come to mind) and enjoyed the experience because the away atmosphere is a lot better, people who are there to have fun rather than hyper-focused on the scoreline. Doesn't change that people expecting on pitch entertainment have forgotten what the clubs been for most of its history and have a daft sense of entitlement. You want to be entertained by what you see - go cinema, it's far more likely than at any football match unless you support someone like prime Barcelona.

No need to state the bleeding obvious. Doesn't apply to me anyway. Might do if I didn't have a hospitality season ticket, which always makes up for the often disappointing spectacle.

55 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

Sorry if I didnt say this in a nicer way before, mods.

I think the article is very good and goes against the grain which is not such a good grain

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

I don't get the idea that people would attend a football match or any other sporting event not to be entertained. I don't expect us to win every game or even necessarily play attractive football but I think it's reasonable to expect the team to be set up to have the best chance of beating teams in the lower half of the table and to scrap for their lives to avoid defeat to the big guns. I want to see passion from the players which starts with them understanding the roles they're being asked to play both individually and within an overall system. The atmosphere has been flat because there has been so little evidence of any of these basic things for the past couple of seasons now under Puel.

Yes it's great to see young players being given a chance but most seem to be regressing and there is little else to be optimistic about at present at least on the pitch.

• Thanks 1