Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Claude Puel told job "Safe" - report

wether this is true or not remains to be seen.. but something has to be said if we have any hope of signing anyone this window-  no one wants to join a club with such uncertainty surrounding their manager. either sack him or say he isn’t going anywhere.

it really needs to be done publicly.

Edited by MPH

3 hours ago, Gambodownunder said:

The season is pretty much over , just let him see this season out for the sake of consistency , this way it gives the club a better chance to get the right person in for the long term . Changing the manager to often is very bad policy .

A lot of people saying the season is over but there is still European qualification up for grabs.

I can understand the clubs thinking here but the summer seems a long way off. If we continue to slip down the table and the atmosphere gets more toxic I think he will be gone sooner.

21 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Well there you go, now let’s please move on. 

When has a manager being told he's safe ever meant anything in football? lol

I think he'll last the season, I've said it a few times, but let's be honest this article means nothing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

When has a manager being told he's safe ever meant anything in football? lol

I think he'll last the season, I've said it a few times, but let's be honest this article means nothing. 

Also our owners have always been incredibly secrective. The Mirror are unlikely to know Top’s plans.

• Like 2

Looking at the 3 games coming up I would take this with a massive pinch of salt. By the end of them we could be on a 7 game losing streak and there would be very little grounds for Puel to keep his job. Puel is slippery and I wouldnt be surprised if we managed to get 7 points from the next 3 games but then go on another dire run after. 

Although with the belt tightening thats happening at the minute it wouldnt surprise me it the club are reluctant to sack him because of the pay off involved, the club have afterall resorted to not playing players so they don’t have to pay transfer installments.

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-tell-claude-puel-job-13889720

James Nursey article for The Mirror.

Mirror Sport understands Puel, 57, has been told his future is not under immediate threat after taking charge in October 2017 on a deal until 2020.

That means he'll be gone after the next game.

Seems a sensible decision. Especially If the manager that is rumoured to be favourite to replace puel if he goes (Rodgers) is unavailable until the summer. Gives us half a season to blood players like Barnes, soyuncu and hamza as be good for them to get a lot of PL minutes. We can give the out of contract title winners like wes and shinji a great send off for the final home game and saves Top any additional hassle at such a devastating time for him and his family. 

• Like 1