Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.8

Total Average Rating

128 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Harry Maguire 8.0
  3. Lowest Rated Player

James Maddison 5.7
  4. Manager Confidence 77% +31%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 30/01/19
Voting Ends: 04/02/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Demarai Gray
  7. Nampalys Mendy
  8. Wilfred Ndidi
  9. James Maddison
  10. Marc Albrighton
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Hamza Choudhury (sub)
  13. Shinji Okazaki (sub)
  14. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)

• Like 1

thought chilwell was the best player on the pitch by a distance. they tried half their squad on the right and i don’t think they created a single chance past him. gets less help every week than ricardo, too. and still got forward enough to have one or two chances. 

some of the stats are nuts, 16 clearances is one hell of an effort. and an assist, too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

All were class. Gray was a the only disappointment. 

I must disagree. The only foot wrong he played was his decision not to lift his head and square to Maddison. 

Looked a threat all game. 

Had to give a Ricardo 9 and the rest of the defense an 8 (Kasper included). Lowest rating to Maddison and Vardy. 

• Like 2

Kasper 7 Made one decent save from Firmino but not really tested thanks to the defence 

Ricardo 7 Couple of rash moments but otherwise good

Evans 7 Solid

Maguire 8 One of his best games this season 

Chilwell 7 Dealt with Salah brilliantly. As with Ricardo there were a couple of silly fouls and moments where he dived in too quickly but overall really good. Assist as well! 

Albrighton 7 Worked very hard as usual. Think he played in 3 different positions ! 

Mendy 6 Better than recent weeks but not sure why everyone on Twitter is raving about him

Ndidi 8 As with Maguire one of his best games this season. Bossed the middle 

Gray 6 Always a threat but decision making let him down. He needs to improve that side of his game otherwise he’ll always be a nearly man 

Maddison 6 Made some clever runs. No idea how he didn’t score the header 

Vardy 5 Not really in the game 

Hamza was class. Should be starting every game

Edited by Dickov22

1 hour ago, M0901 said:

I must disagree. The only foot wrong he played was his decision not to lift his head and square to Maddison. 

Looked a threat all game. 

Had to give a Ricardo 9 and the rest of the defense an 8 (Kasper included). Lowest rating to Maddison and Vardy. 

I thought DG had one of his better games too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Kasper 7

Ricardo 8

Evans 8

Maguire 8

Chilwell 8

Mendy 7

Ndidi 7

Maddison 6

Albrighton 6

Gray 5

Vardy 6

Chowdhury 7 (10 for the tackle) 

I thought we were excellent last night and 1-1 flattered Liverpool. I thought they were actually relieved at the final whistle.

Pretty much my ratings, although I gave Chilwell a 9 and MOTM because I thought him outstanding last night and worth me staying up until 5am for just to watch his performance.

All the defense were brilliant.

I was pleased to see both Mendy and Ndidi play well.

Maddison was poor. Missed a sitter and made many incorrect decisions. But he tried, which is always pleasing. I thought Gray better than a 5 though. I thought he had a decent game and Im sure he'd have got a much better rating if he'd stuck that second half chance away.

Vardy was Vardy and so nearly made a chance out of nothing, which Maddison should have taken. Those are more than half chances and we must take those sort of chances.

I know Nacho only came on for a few minutes but I was again disappointed in him not really bothering to chase and harry Liverpool players in those few minutes. I saw him standing on the half way line a few times, pointing his fingers for others to cover whilst he did nothing.

At least Okazaki tried his heart out for his minutes, even if he didn't contribute much else, it does help the team when you defend from the front and Nacho must start to do this, as he's not offering anything else at present.

Puel still has my full support.

Edited by ThaiFox
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I thought we were excellent last night and 1-1 flattered Liverpool. I thought they were actually relieved at the final whistle.

Pretty much my ratings, although I gave Chilwell a 9 and MOTM because I thought him outstanding last night and worth me staying up until 5am for just to watch his performance.

All the defense were brilliant.

I was pleased to see both Mendy and Ndidi play well.

Maddison was poor. Missed a sitter and made many incorrect decisions. But he tried, which is always pleasing. I thought Gray better than a 5 though. I thought he had a decent game and Im sure he'd have got a much better rating if he'd stuck that second half chance away.

Vardy was Vardy and so nearly made a chance out of nothing, which Maddison should have taken. Those are more than half chances and we must take those sort of chances.

I know Nacho only came on for a few minutes but I was again disappointed in him not really bothering to chase and harry Liverpool players in those few minutes. I saw him standing on the half way line a few times, pointing his fingers for others to cover whilst he did nothing.

At least Okazaki tried his heart out for his minutes, even if he didn't contribute much else, it does help the team when you defend from the front and Nacho must start to do this, as he's not offering anything else at present.

Puel still has my full support.

I was wondering whether I was harsh on Gray. Perhaps a 6 was more accurate but looking back at their goal, he was lost allowing Mane to ghost through and that poor piece of decision making with Maddison also swayed my scoring him. 

Kasper - 7 - Didn't have a chance with the goal but made a great save from Firmino shortly after to keep us in the game. Had that gone in and had we gone 2-0 down early doors it could have been ugly.

Ricardo - 8 - Ability wise he's probably been our best signing since we got promoted. Maguire and Cambiasso have had bigger impacts but so long as we keep this lad we'll be going places.

Evans - 7 - Marked him down a point for his semi-mistake for the goal. Maybe a bit harsh but other than that he was very solid.

Maguire - 9 - He really is a defender's defender. Really hope the big teams don't come sniffing and we ask for Van Dijk money if they do. Had Salah and Firmino in his pocket.

Chilwell - 9 - Basically going to be England's left back for the next 8/10 years. He's got that brain fart moment in him still where he can play players offside or not track runs but that'll be eradicated with experience. He is so, so good.

Ndidi - 9 - The Ndidi we fell in love with. Made some very good tackles and interceptions. His passing was better than usual too.

Mendy - 6 - Still feel like he's a weak link in the team. He doesn't close the ball down and his passing isn't enough to make up for it. With Tielemans coming in you've got to say the position is up for grabs.

Albrighton - 7 - Just worked his arse off for 90 minutes really. Should have had an assist.

Maddison - 6 - Not sure why he's trying to head that back across goal, absolutely massive chance that you simply have to take at places like Anfield. But to be fair to him he worked hard and got into good positions.

Gray - 7 - Wasteful with that counter attack but I thought he worked very hard and that's something he hasn't always done in the past. Did his bit defensively.

Vardy - 7 - Bit anonymous but didn't give Liverpool a second on the ball.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sampson said:

As it stands, I want Puel to go in the summer, but stay until then.

This. After the season ends they can send Napuleon to Saint Helena for all I care. I'd rather if we have a shot at qualitee, intesitee and stabilitee (sounds like a French revolution motto, eh? ;)) with a different manager.

Good result and defensive display though. High marks for Harry, Ndidi, Rick and Hamza especially.

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 1