Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

None of that justifies booing individual players when they come on as substitute, especially as they have had nothing to do with the errors that led to the opposition goal.

I never said it justifies booing players I was just pointing out it wasnt a narrow loss against a Man Utd team that had the ascendency.

I’m against booing players, it achieves nothing and has a negative effect on their confidence and just makes things worse. We should always rise above poor performances and decisions to support the players for 90 minutes. If fans have frustrations voice them in more appropriate forums constructively. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

You seem to really have a rose tinted view of things.

The truth is we lost because the players yet again were not correctly prepared for the game. 15 games this season we've conceded first and a high proportion of those especially lately have been within the first 20 minutes. This is no longer a case of pinning it down to individual errors, the players are making too many for it to be coincidental. They are not getting the right preparation for the games and it really shows. If it is one or two games then its definitely on the players but 15 games this season? Thats on the manager.

Man Utd were far from 'ascendent' they scored and early goal and never really got out of second gear. They were comfortable without ever threatening because they knew we wouldn't out score them even if we played for 3 weeks. The club and team are on a downward trajectory and I fear that because Puel is not learning from mistakes and is stubbornly sticking to what he thinks is best its going to be a really disappointing end to the season. We've only looked marginally better in attack these past 3 games because we've been against teams willing to attack us but even our counter attack has deserted us now and we've managed to get 1 point. It will be a different story when teams come to sit in against us and I fear we will be back to the same old story because the manager is not learning, he delivers a lot of lip service but little else.

Its a real strange way of looking at things. Riccardo IMO is and has been high quality for us. Most players who were in his position may have of lumped that ball down the right flank and concede possession but he opted to pass it inside. It was misdirected by a foot and ten seconds later we were 1-0 down, largely down to the fact it was Pogba to Rashord who dealt us the blow. 95% of the time we get away with that if not more. Im not Claudes biggest fan but we did look totally organised but its about execution. We didnt take our chances but importantly made a top class team look bang average, Blame Claude for bringing Maddison off in the 60th minute, praise him for picking Barnes who got MOM, blame him for tactics but its not his fault when someone plays a 10 yard pass inside his own half and cant execute.

As for booing, well Im a little old school there. I never have booed any of our players and have never even been critical to an individual by blasting them, even Junior Lewis or Ade Akinbiyi LOL. Yeah Ive moaned with a "FFS" or a generic "WTF" but I dont want to single players or the team out. Today I didnt go to the match but we seemed quiet from the get go out were out-sung by United for most of the game. Maybe the boo boys can put there energies in supporting and not criticising, 

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

****ing disgusting behaviour, again, from our 'fans'. 

The fact that Ghezzal played some decent stuff when he came on, despite the boos is testement to his character. 

We looked no less of a threat with the switch and Ghezzal's near perfect free kick nearly made a lot of people look like the waste of oxygen they are, tbqh.

Racially motivated imo. He was good when he came on. 

Just now, Dames said:

I never said it justifies booing players I was just pointing out it wasnt a narrow loss against a Man Utd team that had the ascendency.

It was a 1-0 loss which is pretty narrow as losses go. He didn't say they had the ascendancy, he said they are ascendant, which they are. I think you may be wearing tinted glasses yourself

14 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I like how the phrase "we dont play anti football" is somehow rose tinted lol

Its hardly a strong statement!

By ascendent Man U i mean their general form. Theyve won how many gamea on the trot now bar Burnley?

Unprepared, I dont know if you can say that with surety.  Anything specific to say about that?

They scored by ricardo being careless and Maguire not being aware of rashford

If you *expect* us to be beat Man United then its you who has rose tinted glasses

Again you’re pinning it on individual errors yet ignoring the fact that these errors are consistently occuring. They are consistently occuring during the same period of games, there is a pattern to it and it all points to the players not being focused or switched on at the beginning of games which is usually down to preparation.

I dont ‘expect’ us to beat Man Utd but its disappointing that we’ve lost to the same mistakes that have been occuring all season without no sign of them being addressed or fixed.

I'm not a huge Ghezzal fan (although have stated a few times I don't think he's quite as bad as made out) and I'm absolutely not a fan of this football we're playing either.

But our fans are ****ing embarrassing nowadays. I take zero pride in this support anymore. Can't believe I'm saying that after being in that away end at Cardiff but there's hardly any atmosphere and the main atmosphere at home games is to ****ing boo subs.

There are no redeeming factors to going and watching us at the minute. Football's shite, fans are shite.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

But it was a narrow loss (a single goal in a game where we had the marginally better chances) against a Manchester United side that have been dismantling all comers of late...

1 minute ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

The booing is massively disappointing and quite cringey, however the decision to take Maddison off with 30 mins left was up with the worst I've seen, crazy decision so could understand why 

Up there with the worst decisions you have ever seen? Do you close your eyes when Dimi Gray gets on the ball?

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

I know you like scratching around for reasons to defend the manager and I do agree with some of the points you make but nothing i’ve said there is inherently wrong.

Read the first line be of your second sentence.

2 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

The booing is massively disappointing and quite cringey, however the decision to take Maddison off with 30 mins left was up with the worst I've seen, crazy decision so could understand why 

You have zero idea of why Puel felt that change was necessary. Maybe a knock, maybe knackered, maybe felt Ghezzal could win the game, which he nearly did. 

So how exactly is that the worst decision you've ever seen - keeping in mind you literally don't have the first idea about why the change was made? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

And he'd done what? In fact what's he done of late to warrant any sort of backing? 

Just now, The Doctor said:

But it was a narrow loss (a single goal in a game where we had the marginally better chances) against a Manchester United side that have been dismantling all comers of late...

On paper it looks that way but after they scored they really didn’t really have to put in much effort and were able to coast all game. They’ve got Champs League coming up so were conserving themselves.

Again we pretty beat ourselves and not for the first time this season.

12 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The booing is just a byproduct of Puel and his football, the paying fans have just had enough and the club will need to listen eventually. I don't believe it was for the players just the Manager. 

Don't like the players getting caught in any crossfire. Fans should have the guts to just chant Puel out if that's that they want. 

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The most frustrating thing for me is people being incapable of judging players on the game happening in front of them. Minds are made up, x players get boooooooed, some get time to make as many mistakes as they want without a word said. 

You could have been describing Puel there.

Just now, lifted*fox said:

You have zero idea of why Puel felt that change was necessary. Maybe a knock, maybe knackered, maybe felt Ghezzal could win the game, which he nearly did. 

So how exactly is that the worst decision you've ever seen - keeping in mind you literally don't have the first idea about why the change was made? 

That's a fair point and take your opinion on board but judging from body language and his reaction, he wasn't injured or struggling so if that's the case then yes I think it's a shocker. If puel comes out and says otherwise then I'll take it back 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And he'd done what? In fact what's he done of late to warrant any sort of backing? 

I thought he was decent today and started to get into the game.... Gray was poor and so was mendy so wouldn't of been surprised to see them subbed but taking Maddison off was, in my opinion, poor