Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Nowt wrong with Ghezal, he's a decent player. Too many on here taking Monaco fans opinion as fact. 

He’s not a world beater. Clearly a confidence player but he’s not as awful as some have made out.

I’ve been guilty in the past of slating him, he’s clearly not a winger but as a number 10 hes an adequate player and brings something a bit different to Maddison. 

He won’t beat his man drive into the box with the ball at his feet but he can play some good passes in and around the box and create chances.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I think my issue with the idiots booing is the fact that from minute 1 they were waiting on a chance to criticise the manager and players. It’s sad to see and then when Puel correctly made the call to sub Maddison their pathetic prayers were answered and they could boo their little hearts out. While simultaneously making the chances of our players being up for it and equalising slimmer. Well done guys let the immature pantomime crack on.

No more rep left today, but you're right. 

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He needed to come off earlier, whilst out CM's are not great going forward. It's very frustrating people slating them for not "passing forward" as there were near me today when there was zero movement in front of them. I'm not sure what pass they are meant to pick when nobody moves, again that's one of my biggest issues with the manager. We need to see an improvement there is you want the "passing game". 

Yeah I get that and agree with you. Far too often our attackers are almost static in a line with the opposition defenders. There was a few occasions I thought him and Ndidi could at least release the balls to the wings earlier though or take the ball forwards. I just don't think they have attacking minds though, Ndidi is a good ball winner and that's it. Mendy is a bit of enigma as I'm not sure what he brings to the side at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I think my issue with the idiots booing is the fact that from minute 1 they were waiting on a chance to criticise the manager and players. It’s sad to see and then when Puel correctly made the call to sub Maddison their pathetic prayers were answered and they could boo their little hearts out. While simultaneously making the chances of our players being up for it and equalising slimmer. Well done guys let the immature pantomime crack on.

I agree other than this bit.

I don't get this heavy criticism and hate towards of Maddison all of a sudden (I'm not saying you, but others I've seen on here). Ok, he's been a bit flakey of late, but he's still a creative threat and always aids our attacking play by receiving the ball, turning and moving forward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

The problem is. And this is from someone who has suported the manager. His divisive nature is what is causing this! It’s like the brexit vote among our fans at the minute. Split down the middle and those on one side are wrong and those on the other are not depending where you sit with it! 

No matter how well he is doing with youth etc... we can’t carry on being this divided. Not healthy for the club and may lead to a decision being made. 

It'll be the same with next manager too unless they win the league. Our fans have been ruined and their brains addled....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I don't get this heavy criticism and hate towards of Maddison all of a sudden (I'm not saying you, but others I've seen on here). Ok, he's been a bit flakey of late, but he's still a creative threat and always aids our attacking play by receiving the ball, turning and moving forward.

It doesn’t have to be heavy criticism to agree with taking off Maddison.

Ordinarily 3 (tends to be attacking) players are substituted every game. We were trailing and needed to try something different. Personally I would have taken off Gray but Maddison hadn’t had a great deal of influence on the game. He can’t complain at being hooked.

Maddison is an important player for us but he’s not as good as he or a large chunk of our fans think he is. He’s definitely not undroppable.

It certainly wasn’t an indisputably poor decision and the booing was ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Personally I have no problem with Maddison and like him but today just wasn’t working and I could see what Puel was trying in playing Gray behind with 2 wingers either side. If Gray had been hooked instead with Maddison being kept central I wouldn’t have complained.

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Personally I have no problem with Maddison and like him but today just wasn’t working and I could see what Puel was trying in playing Gray behind with 2 wingers either side. If Gray had been hooked instead with Maddison being kept central I wouldn’t have complained.

I personally felt like Maddison did ok and seemed to be heavily involved in some good moves the 5 minutes prior to being taken off.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

The thing with Maddison is that he's as dangerous as anyone when he's got the ball, it's just that when he doesn't he's useless. Now, part of this is down to Mendy and Ndidi not being very good at finding him but also he's poor movement-wise. That's why we see him marked out of the game so often, since he's not great at finding that extra yard.

pond life

Dictionary result for pond life

noun
noun: pondlife
  1. 1.
    the animals, especially the invertebrates, that live in ponds or stagnant water.
    "pupils can discover aspects of pond life for themselves"
  2. 2.
    INFORMALBRITISH
    a contemptible or worthless person or group of people.
    "gangs of foul-mouthed pond life"
  • Haha 1

Dim whits next to me one minute they are singing 

through the good times and the bad we will always back the lads!! Next their booing because Puel has taken of a player that to be honest was beginning to blow a bit and wasn’t having his best game. What do you think that behaviour does to the sub that’s coming on? Talk about knock somebody’s confidence before they’ve even kicked a ball!!!

Edited by stillwater
  • Like 2

I genuinely can't understand the mentality of booing.  I mean, I genuinely cannot imagine, as an adult, standing in the crowd and booing.  I always think, in any circumstance, one should imagine what one looks like.  Imagine seeing yourself, lips pursed, face red and making a "boo" noise with your mouth because you are unhappy at a substitution in a game of football?  I am not trying to slag anyone off here, if people want to boo I can't really tell them they are wrong but as much as I have tried (I like to try and see things from other people's point of view) I just can't imagine doing it and being able to look myself in the mirror afterwards.  Maybe I just don't get it?  

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It'll be the same with next manager too unless they win the league. Our fans have been ruined and their brains addled....

please, please, please look at our results and performances, please, for the love of god please?

I don’t see how booing a player helps our player coming on except it made me get behind him even more when he came on. Today Ghezzal bought other players into play, drove purposely towards their box, put in some decent crosses and was very unlucky not to score from that free kick the only negative is that his first touch is terrible i’d rather have him in the starting 11 than Gray.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stillwater said:

Dim whits next to me one minute they are singing 

through the good times and the bad we will always back the lads!! Next their booing because Puel has taken of a player that to be honest was beginning to blow a bit and wasn’t having his best game. What do you think that behaviour does to the sub that’s coming on? Talk about knock somebody’s confidence before they’ve even kicked a ball!!!

thick

18 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I genuinely can't understand the mentality of booing.  I mean, I genuinely cannot imagine, as an adult, standing in the crowd and booing.  I always think, in any circumstance, one should imagine what one looks like.  Imagine seeing yourself, lips pursed, face red and making a "boo" noise with your mouth because you are unhappy at a substitution in a game of football?  I am not trying to slag anyone off here, if people want to boo I can't really tell them they are wrong but as much as I have tried (I like to try and see things from other people's point of view) I just can't imagine doing it and being able to look myself in the mirror afterwards.  Maybe I just don't get it?  

X

There's nothing wrong with that.  I like to get involved in the pantomime of football.  The difference is I reserve my purple faced booing for the referee and opposition players.

Booing your own team, player or manager is shameful.  I'm genuinely embarrassed today.  The fans represent us all and to day we are all purple faced because we are fecking bellends.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

He needed to come off earlier, whilst out CM's are not great going forward. It's very frustrating people slating them for not "passing forward" as there were near me today when there was zero movement in front of them. I'm not sure what pass they are meant to pick when nobody moves, again that's one of my biggest issues with the manager. We need to see an improvement there is you want the "passing game". 

Interestingly, one of Puel's main criticisms post-match was that we weren't 'passing the ball forward'. He said we kept going sideways, backwards, laterally and passed with no forward purpose. And I saw plenty of occasions when there was a forward option but a player copped out and went backwards. Mendy, Ndidi and Pereira did it repeatedly, and it noticeably slowed the momentum. I thought some of the attacking players, specifically Barnes and Vardy, looked quite mobile.

As regards your earlier comment about Puel not being to blame for our slow starts (sorry, can't find it now!) because the opposition today are of such superior quality, I think the point is that we're talking about multiple 'starts', rather than a single 'start.' We have one of the worst records in the league for conceding against the good, the bad and everything in between, so at some point a manager has to take responsibility for that.

Other than that, I agree with your general sentiment that the booing for Maddison's withdrawal, and at the final whistle, and the general antipathy towards Puel is absurd. He may have to pick up results against good sides over the next couple of games to avoid this slump becoming a full-on crisis, but I don't see it as a full-on crisis yet. I'd hope for a bit more patience and thought there were a lot of positives in our display today.