Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ghezzal was a constant threat as well when he came on

Apart from the number of instances where he needlessly gave the ball away.

He had one good moment, let's not brush over the fact that he was mostly ineffective once again up front.

The guy's too lightweight, not fast enough and terribly one-footed.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

I don't boo

But how else do these types of fans that choose to do so express their opinion against the manager (this clearly wasn't against the players) - little placards also cause so many hurt feelings amongst the easily offended that you almost can't express any dissatisfaction at all even at the times where perhaps justified..

• Like 3

I didn't like the second boo when Ghezzal actually ran on but I don't have a problem with booing the decision / singing you don't know what you're doing. 

It was a ****ing awful call to leave Gray on. 

I personally think the British public need less apathy and more dissent, we should voice our dissatisfaction and I have no issue with that in any walk of life. 

I agree that it's awful booing specific players though, Gray, Iheanacho, Ghezzal etc all look woefully short of confidence and booing them is counter productive. 

Edit: for the record I've never personally ever booed anything other than a ref or an opposition player diving in my 32 years. 

Edited by Finnegan

Booing a player on to the pitch is utterly moronic. Every game is different, they might provide something positive in that match. 

I can understand annoyance at taking players off but give everyone a chance in each game.

15 minutes ago, StevieB said:

I think the boos were for Puel for taking Maddison off, considering they then started singing "you don't know what your doing" ?

Doesn't matter. The players don't know that it's Puel being booed. And we are 11th in the prem for god sake. Yes our form has been inconsistent and some of our games are boring and frustrating but we have been in much worse positions and not booed. There was no booing when we were relegated to league 1 for example. Just dont get it personally 

2 minutes ago, danny. said:

Ghezzal did more than Maddison in the short time he was on, so didn’t seem like a mad decision? Not subbing off Mendy sooner was the odd one

When them lot booed him they didn't know that did that, and if booing was so damaging and counter productive, Ghezzal wouldn't have looked surprisingly quite sharp, maybe booing is the answer 

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Apart from the number of instances where he needlessly gave the ball away.

He had one good moment, let's not brush over the fact that he was mostly ineffective once again up front.

The guy's too lightweight, not fast enough and terribly one-footed.

give over it, the whole team give the ball away needlessly every single game every player... this is why scapegoat is a word

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Doesn't matter. The players don't know that it's Puel being booed. And we are 11th in the prem for god sake. Yes our form has been inconsistent and some of our games are boring and frustrating but we have been in much worse positions and not booed. There was no booing when we were relegated to league 1 for example. Just dont get it personally 

How much is that argument going to be used from hereon until the end of the season, I wonder?

Just a few weeks back, we were in 7th place, it's been a downward spiral ever since the start of the New Year, even the Everton away game was a turgid watch.

We're now winless in five and face a Spurs side that still work fine despite Kane out injured.

Not expecting too much from that game, but at least give us something to cheer about in the upcoming home matches against Crystal Palace and Brighton, FFS!

Can't win for toffee and go behind ever so often. It's got to stop. The more it continues, the more it grinds my gears. We're so ineffective going forward and conceding early on a regular basis, it's turning into a joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1