Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If those that were booing were as vocal in support of the team in the first place then perhaps it could be forgiven - but they

mostly arent

the atmosphere is PATHETIC

From the first whistle there is nothing - if you sit there expecting us to be meh then don’t boo when we are. And stop with the bloody ‘when the players give me something to shout about’ nonsense. It’s up to us to get behind them from the off. We just don’t any more 

I've no doubt this is met with the usual "it's shit at most PL ground" as if that excuses it.

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

15 games this season we’ve conceded first.. if its not the preparation then what is it?

Yeah it's nothing to do with playing one of the biggest clubs in the country who've spent billions more than us. It's down to the preparation we didn't win. Utterly delusional.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Bet you smiled when Ricardo was at fault for the goal today 

Why would I do that?

Love Leicester. Love Ricardo.

However you do seem to keep trolling me so onto the expanding ignore list you go.

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

You have zero idea of why Puel felt that change was necessary. Maybe a knock, maybe knackered, maybe felt Ghezzal could win the game, which he nearly did. 

So how exactly is that the worst decision you've ever seen - keeping in mind you literally don't have the first idea about why the change was made? 

It was pretty obvious from where I was watching that Maddison was dragging today and swapping him out was sensible for another attacking mid. Mendy for Ghezzal would have been suicide and left us way too open - yes he was borderline with being sent off but he wasn’t. Hamza for him would have been a play, but I think he was keeping shape at that point, and then saving subs for Nacho if he had to go for it. 

Only difference with me and Puel is I’d have kept Dimi on the wing and played Ghezzal at 10 - he’s much better there than out wide. He played pretty well though, couple of doing a bit too much but he was having a go and I admire that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I thought he was decent today and started to get into the game.... Gray was poor and so was mendy so wouldn't of been surprised to see them subbed but taking Maddison off was, in my opinion, poor 

He was crap, Gray was crap and Mendy should have come off earlier. It still doesnt warrant booing and neither does booing after losing to Man U at home. I've got to the point of not wanting to go any more because I can't stand this self entitled shite. When did losing at home to Man U become something you boo... c****.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm a bit worried about where the next points are coming from with these terrible starts, but I think the cries of "you don't know what you're doing" were a bit much with the substitutions.If the atmosphere worsens we could have a rocky run in, as I'm sure the players hear what is said.

The bench does not look as strong as the first 11 overall but something had to be tried.With no Albrighton for some reason I could not see an obvious change although Mendy was strugglling and on a booking.We have not got enough striking options as we know and  Ghezzal had a decent game to be fair.

The one real positive was Barnes who was excellent,particularly at the start of the second half. Finishing today was generally below par and at the centre of the goal with the exception of Ghezzal's effort.

19 minutes ago, Dames said:

Again you’re pinning it on individual errors yet ignoring the fact that these errors are consistently occuring. They are consistently occuring during the same period of games, there is a pattern to it and it all points to the players not being focused or switched on at the beginning of games which is usually down to preparation.

I dont ‘expect’ us to beat Man Utd but its disappointing that we’ve lost to the same mistakes that have been occuring all season without no sign of them being addressed or fixed.

Aye, they have been happening at the same time, but honestly if after all these games conceding early these players cant get themselves focused in the first 10 mins its on them.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He was crap, Gray was crap and Mendy should have come off earlier. It still doesnt warrant booing and neither does booing after losing to Man U at home. I've got to the point of not wanting to go any more because I can't stand this self entitled shite. When did losing at home to Man U become something you boo... c****.

I didn't boo btw and never have, i was just saying I do understand why some people booed that sub today in pure frustration. I wasn't happy with it, he's a creative player and with half an hour left I felt was too soon to be subbed particularly as he'd started the second half pretty well. The abuse that ghezzal and iheanacho have had embarrases me, we have given them torrid support at home, sad to hear and see

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

To be fair Nacho had another shocker, but we are short of striking options. 

Obviously he's been poor this season but how is booing him before he's even touched the ball going to help him? Just going to ruin his confidence even more.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah it's nothing to do with playing one of the biggest clubs in the country who've spent billions more than us. It's down to the preparation we didn't win. Utterly delusional.

What about the other 14 games?

This is just another case of us handicapping and beating ourselves. It doesnt matter who the opposition is, its an issue that needs addressing? 

I never said we should be beating Man Utd. Its just disappointing we pretty much gifted them the win from another slow, error ridden start to the game. I’m not delusional for pointing that out.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

The booing today was embarrassing. Maddison had not had a great game, and Ghezzal did some cracking play. Ghezzal's set pieces were far more of a threat. It was a good substitution. 

Would that have been Ghezal's corner which barely left the turf and didn't beat the first defender or perhaps his wonderful short corner to Iheanacho which worked a treat at the end of the match? Yes his free-kick which was saved was top drawer but apart from that he was pretty average at set pieces.

• Like 1

There are a lot of posters on here who are happy to find an excuse for everything. Not that the Puel out mob are any better but some of the old heads on here really do have a hard time understanding constructive criticism and accepting facts. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To be fair Babs, you've quoted one game. Like the chap says, there is a clear pattern here of conceding first and conceding early, are you saying there's nothing in that? That would seem more delusional. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boo the manager, boo the ref, especially if it's Mike Dean (although he did hand out four yellow cards to United this afternoon as well), boo the other team's players, but never boo your own players. When has booing a player ever made them play better? Very frustrating afternoon but Man City's victory over Arsenal puts the result into perspective. If we were getting the points against the weaker teams we would be on 40+ points by now and the talk would still be about pushing for that last Europa League spot and maybe even pushing Arsenal for sixth.

To then booers I thought it was a feckin disgrace! When he came on his touch wasn’t great and he looked unsettled, but how can you blame him. I get the booing was for bringing Maddison off, but it makes no difference, I’m certain that the fans could inspire the team to perform better, just as I’m certain they can intimidate them. Why bother going along if you can’t create an atmosphere that our players love, and opposition players feel intimidated, sadly I think it’s the other way around now. Manure fans sang all the way through.