Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I don't boo but it doesn't bother me if other fans do. I'm surprised some people get so worked up about it. 

It's childish and embarrassing. During the game people should support their team to the full and moan later. 

What other industry would this be seen as acceptable behavior? Would people boo at a theatre if they didn't enjoy a show? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CslFox said:

Called freedom of speech, mate. People don't tell the blue-tinted specs brigade that rim Puel to give it a rest, so don't act all righteous if they express an opinion you don't like. Typical snowflake behaviour, championing freedom of expression unless it's something you don't like.

There were a lot of boos, it wasn't just a few dozen. Perhaps they're fed up with paying through the nose to watch overpaid, underskilled prima donnas churn out that garbage every couple of weeks.

Nobody's saying you shouldn't be allowed to do it, just that it's counter productive and makes you look a bit stupid. Freedom of speech does mean you can voice your opinion but it does also mean people are free to tell you you're an idiot

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, danny2997 said:

It's childish and embarrassing. During the game people should support their team to the full and moan later. 

What other industry would this be seen as acceptable behavior? Would people boo at a theatre if they didn't enjoy a show? 

Seen it at many a comedy club show 

Guest Markyblue

I would never boo but i fully believe people have the right to.  Freedom of speech and expression is everything do we really need the boo police. 

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

It was obviously a booing of Puel.  And the chant of you don't know what your doing was for him.  And guess what, they're absolutely right.  The guy is out of his depth. Pay your money, you can boo if you want.  

If Puel doesn't keep making amateur decisions, and doesn't advocate shocking anti football, then the fans won't boo.  It's simple really. 

What if Maddision had a knock?

That booing then becomes a bit counter productive to the current situation and also makes you look stupid 

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What if Maddision had a knock?

That booing then becomes a bit counter productive to the current situation and also makes you look stupid 

He did go down early in the game with a knock so it could have been to protect him, some people don't know the full picture sometimes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

It was obviously a booing of Puel.  And the chant of you don't know what your doing was for him.  And guess what, they're absolutely right.  The guy is out of his depth. Pay your money, you can boo if you want.  

If Puel doesn't keep making amateur decisions, and doesn't advocate shocking anti football, then the fans won't boo.  It's simple really. 

They are wrong.

From just about his first touch Ghezzal justified the decision.  Maddison wasnt up to much today. And that sub is the kind of decision Puel can make because he knows better than the fans what all his players can do

You might not think he's great but he's far from out of his depth

We dont play anti football. We were just narrowly beaten by an ascendent Man U and only conceded due to pretty bad basic errors from our defenders

Fans at home dont help too much these days

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

felt bad for Rachid, always gets brought on at the wrong times and gets booed. Wish his freekick went in, only good shot today but people will still complain about him. went past about 3 defenders on 1 run and had no one to pass to, still his fault apparently

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

They are wrong.

From just about his first touch Ghezzal justified the decision.  Maddison wasnt up to much today. And that sub is the kind of decision Puel can make because he knows better than the fans what all his players can do

You might not think he's great but he's far from out of his depth

We dont play anti football. We were just narrowly beaten by an ascendent Man U and only conceded due to pretty bad basic errors from our defenders

Fans at home dont help too much these days

You seem to really have a rose tinted view of things.

The truth is we lost because the players yet again were not correctly prepared for the game. 15 games this season we've conceded first and a high proportion of those especially lately have been within the first 20 minutes. This is no longer a case of pinning it down to individual errors, the players are making too many for it to be coincidental. They are not getting the right preparation for the games and it really shows. If it is one or two games then its definitely on the players but 15 games this season? Thats on the manager.

Man Utd were far from 'ascendent' they scored and early goal and never really got out of second gear. They were comfortable without ever threatening because they knew we wouldn't out score them even if we played for 3 weeks. The club and team are on a downward trajectory and I fear that because Puel is not learning from mistakes and is stubbornly sticking to what he thinks is best its going to be a really disappointing end to the season. We've only looked marginally better in attack these past 3 games because we've been against teams willing to attack us but even our counter attack has deserted us now and we've managed to get 1 point. It will be a different story when teams come to sit in against us and I fear we will be back to the same old story because the manager is not learning, he delivers a lot of lip service but little else.

• Like 1

The problem is. And this is from someone who has suported the manager. His divisive nature is what is causing this! It’s like the brexit vote among our fans at the minute. Split down the middle and those on one side are wrong and those on the other are not depending where you sit with it! 

No matter how well he is doing with youth etc... we can’t carry on being this divided. Not healthy for the club and may lead to a decision being made. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

The truth is we lost because the players yet again were not correctly prepared for the game. 15 games this season we've conceded first and a high proportion of those especially lately have been within the first 20 minutes. This is no longer a case of pinning it down to individual errors, the players are making too many for it to be coincidental. They are not getting the right preparation for the games and it really shows. If it is one or two games then its definitely on the players but 15 games this season? Thats on the manager.

Man Utd were far from 'ascendent' they scored and early goal and never really got out of second gear. They were comfortable without ever threatening because they knew we wouldn't out score them even if we played for 3 weeks. The club and team are on a downward trajectory and I fear that because Puel is not learning from mistakes and is stubbornly sticking to what he thinks is best its going to be a really disappointing end to the season. We've only looked marginally better in attack these past 3 games because we've been against teams willing to attack us but even our counter attack has deserted us now and we've managed to get 1 point. It will be a different story when teams come to sit in against us and I fear we will be back to the same old story because the manager is not learning, he delivers a lot of lip service but little else.

I like how the phrase "we dont play anti football" is somehow rose tinted lol

Its hardly a strong statement!

By ascendent Man U i mean their general form. Theyve won how many gamea on the trot now bar Burnley?

Unprepared, I dont know if you can say that with surety.  Anything specific to say about that?

They scored by ricardo being careless and Maguire not being aware of rashford

If you *expect* us to be beat Man United then its you who has rose tinted glasses

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

Ha

15 minutes ago, Dames said:

None of that justifies booing individual players when they come on as substitute, especially as they have had nothing to do with the errors that led to the opposition goal.