Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

23 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's the priorities that are all wrong. Our fans should be booing the opposition, the referee etc... make the place hostile to actually play at for opponents. Right now it's a joke atmosphere.

Maybe so, but we have the loudeset drummer in the world who can’t half strike up an amazingly quick double time beat 

... could it possibly be that part of the reason for the boos were the fact that Tielemans was not in the squad today. I suspect a fair amount of our supporters had expected him to have role in this team, whether starting or from the bench. 

We having been desperate for a player of his ilk to give us the creativity in midfield that we are clearly missing. We had the option for such a person to fulfil that role (had he been on the bench) and we proceed to withdraw perhaps our most creative player. 

The boos was for the manager's decision and which indirectly impacted Ghezzal but it did not appear to undermine his performance. 

We have booed at matches before during and after poor performances and it was deemed appropriate as a method of showing dissatisfaction with what we were seeing on the pitch. 

Booing is perhaps the only way a frustrated crowd can bring to the attention that they are unhappy with an individual (referee) or an ill advised decision which would impact the team. 

Booing can either be debilitating or lead you to stand your ground, it really depends on you character. 

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... could it possibly be that part of the reason for the boos were the fact that Tielemans was not in the squad today. I suspect a fair amount of our supporters had expected him to have role in this team, whether starting or from the bench. 

We having been desperate for a player of his ilk to give us the creativity in midfield that we are clearly missing. We had the option for such a person to fulfil that role (had he been on the bench) and we proceed to withdraw perhaps our most creative player. 

The boos was for the manager's decision and which indirectly impacted Ghezzal but it did not appear to undermine his performance. 

We have booed at matches before during and after poor performances and it was deemed appropriate as a method of showing dissatisfaction with what we were seeing on the pitch. 

Booing is perhaps the only way a frustrated crowd can bring to the attention that they are unhappy with an individual (referee) or an ill advised decision which would impact the team. 

Booing can either be debilitating or lead you to stand your ground, it really depends on you character. 

It's pathetic really. Nobody but the coaching staff know whether Tielermans was worth a start for whatever reason, he's not just a new exotic toy bought to appease a self entitled baying crowd. With one light training session and having only just got here, plus the potential volatility of our crowd, who knows, they possibly felt that a game against Manchester United was a baptism of fire he could just do without. Let's face it, he's only two mediocre performances away from being booed himself. Having been branded by the French media as one of the flops of the season his confidence probably isn't at its best at the moment and just perhaps he's just being given the best chance of a decent debut. People who are looking for a new and immediate Cambiasso are going to be disappointed,  he's a kid who is likely to be inconsistent just like the rest of them. He will need encouragement. 

Our performance wasn't that bad it needed booing yesterday. Puels substitution of Ghezzal for Maddison likewise, in fact Ghezzals subsequent performance against a substandard appearance by the latter vindicated that imo. When you've only got a choice between Okazaki and Nacho on the bench for attacking inspiration,  I'm sure Puel himself dies a bit inside but has to get on with it and try to encourage and get the best he can out of what he has at his disposal at this point in time. 

At our level, we're just two or three players from a much better balanced team. Booing and an overbearing sense of entitlement and imagined far superior knowledge of the game are not going to help the cause. It was merely just childish petulant behaviour by some today.

• Like 3

Even if it was Puel’s decision that they were booing it would shake Ghezzal’s confidence to come on to a chorus of boos. He did alright anyway when he came on so well done. Cracking shot that deserved a goal.

I’m convinced the current run of bad form at home is at least partly related to the flaky support we’re getting there now.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 3

the sooner puel gets the sack the better, his subs are out of this world, how the hell do u take maddison of and leave a crap player like gray and a ordinary player like barnes on. ghezzal done o.k but he took the wrong player off, he is a moron. sorry but so frustrated we should have won that game, any one know why the new signing was not on the bench, we dont get much news down under.

15 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Even if it was Puel’s decision that they were booing it would shake Ghezzal’s confidence to come on to a chorus of boos. He did alright anyway when he came on so well done. Cracking shot that deserved a goal.

I’m convinced the current run of bad form at home is at least partly related to the flaky support we’re getting there now.

Quite agree. Hindsight warrriors are disgusting. People saying we should have played (maybe even started) Tielemans are dreaming, this guy only just arrived and needs to familiarise himself with the squad. :angry:

2 hours ago, bpfox said:

the sooner puel gets the sack the better, his subs are out of this world, how the hell do u take maddison of and leave a crap player like gray and a ordinary player like barnes on. ghezzal done o.k but he took the wrong player off, he is a moron. sorry but so frustrated we should have won that game, any one know why the new signing was not on the bench, we dont get much news down under.

Perhaps cause maddison has been terrible in most of our games in 2019 so far? Gray has been pretty good lately and Barnes has been playing amazingly well at WBA?

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's the priorities that are all wrong. Our fans should be booing the opposition, the referee etc... make the place hostile to actually play at for opponents. Right now it's a joke atmosphere.

Spot on.

All I could hear on TV out here were United fans singing.

I thought the atmosphere created by our fans was really helping Man Ure, and not us. It was actually hostile to our own players. No wonder we are playing well away and poor at home! 

Our fans are poisoning the team instead of getting behind them. The booing of Ghezzal was utterly appalling, I felt embarrassed for the guy. And then he went out and for 30 minutes showed he was the hardest working and most effective player on the pitch. Credit to him. It's obvious he WANTS to succeed.

• Like 3

I sadly predicted a continuingly increasing toxic atmosphere probably only a week ago. Puel is here till, at the earliest, the week before the end of the season so if you really can’t stomach him subbing off Maddison then just don’t bother turning up.

I thought @HighPeakFox was going to start throwing punches ?

The booing was for Claude’s decision not for the player. He made a decision the fans could not understand and given the poor home results many fans vented their inevitable frustration.

Yes supporters should get behind the team but the manager has polarised the fans and as has been said it’s about the only real way they can get their message across.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I sadly predicted a continuingly increasing toxic atmosphere probably only a week ago. Puel is here till, at the earliest, the week before the end of the season so if you really can’t stomach him subbing off Maddison then just don’t bother turning up.

I thought @HighPeakFox was going to start throwing punches ?

No danger of that, but I'm not scared to speak up to morons. Apologies if it pissed you off...

Would Puel have hot booed if he'd taken off Mendy or Gray?

The booing aimed at Puel was due simply to his decision to remove a player from play and replace him with a guy who has been struggling, a few people on here will never be able to influence what sounded like the majority of the stadium.

I do disagree with the collective groans and sighs when Ghazzel ran on the pitch, other than a few mistakes he tried and played reasonably well. Surely Puel picking Gray over him is a bigger kick in the gonads for Ghazzal?

Moving an under performing Gray into effectively out of position to take the place of Madison has also got to be a kick in the nuts?

Its OK for though Puel to pisss off the endless list of players?

What is more telling in my view is the in almost a year and a half there has been no reference to Puel in chants or songs, this has got to be a first in the history of the club but understandable

20 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

The booing was for Claude’s decision not for the player. He made a decision the fans could not understand and given the poor home results many fans vented their inevitable frustration.

Yes supporters should get behind the team but the manager has polarised the fans and as has been said it’s about the only real way they can get their message across.

That my friend is the perfect conclusion.:worship:

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's pathetic really. Nobody but the coaching staff know whether Tielermans was worth a start for whatever reason, he's not just a new exotic toy bought to appease a self entitled baying crowd. With one light training session and having only just got here, plus the potential volatility of our crowd, who knows, they possibly felt that a game against Manchester United was a baptism of fire he could just do without. Let's face it, he's only two mediocre performances away from being booed himself. Having been branded by the French media as one of the flops of the season his confidence probably isn't at its best at the moment and just perhaps he's just being given the best chance of a decent debut. People who are looking for a new and immediate Cambiasso are going to be disappointed,  he's a kid who is likely to be inconsistent just like the rest of them. He will need encouragement. 

Our performance wasn't that bad it needed booing yesterday. Puels substitution of Ghezzal for Maddison likewise, in fact Ghezzals subsequent performance against a substandard appearance by the latter vindicated that imo. When you've only got a choice between Okazaki and Nacho on the bench for attacking inspiration,  I'm sure Puel himself dies a bit inside but has to get on with it and try to encourage and get the best he can out of what he has at his disposal at this point in time. 

At our level, we're just two or three players from a much better balanced team. Booing and an overbearing sense of entitlement and imagined far superior knowledge of the game are not going to help the cause. It was merely just childish petulant behaviour by some today.

Very good post. Nail on head. One training session and even basic stuff like relocating from Monaco to Leicester. He was hardly going to be chucked in against Man Utd. Even more so as we have not got the most patient bunch of fans at the best of times. 

1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

What is more telling in my view is the in almost a year and a half there has been no reference to Puel in chants or songs, this has got to be a first in the history of the club but understandable

Yes, it is telling. We might disagree on what it actually tells us, though...

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Totally agree but..........Unless we're told differently, surely that's Puels fault? He's been here long enough to realise and correct that situation

2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Totally agree but..........Unless we're told differently, surely that's Puels fault? He's been here long enough to realise and correct that situation

Dont think it is his fault.  Dont we all know that transfer dealings are managed by the club?  Manager will have an input but I think is only one part of the process

I think the frustration for me wasn’t so much the substitution itself - it was the timing of it. 

If I remember correctly it happened in about the 60th minute, directly after we’d had our best spell of the game and were looking dangerous. The confusing thing for me is why Claude would change the team at THAT point... it’s not like we were struggling for attacking ideas at that time.

And for the record I thought the atmosphere was decent in SK1, though I can’t speak for the rest of the ground.