Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

“If Spurs were to win the title, it would go down as a bigger achievement than when Leicester won it”

Same school of thought as the likes of Robbie Savage. 

Say something ridiculously controversial in order to get a reaction. 

Yes, it's how this form of media works in the social media age, but i cant respect anyone who does it. Much prefer journalists and pundits who say exactly what they think. As rare as that is now.

• Like 4

Firstly, it would be nowhere near the achievement of a 5000-1 outsider winning the league.  Secondly, they won't win it, they are Spurs.  Thirdly, I have tried to be my usual, reasonable self when it comes to Spurs but I just can't be.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

27 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

It’s a pointless debate they’ve started to just entice an argument. That’s all they do on talkSPORT is disagree with people and argue about pointless shit. 

That basically sounds like my entire Foxestalk life.  I've just realise I am the talkSPORT of FT.  Kill me now.  X

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Actually - the thought that spurs winning the league is as big a shock as us winning the league is quite refreshing...... thinking of the fighting cock realising that they are no bigger than us when it comes to winning a title (apart from the fact we have won it and they won’t ...)

We WON!!!

Deal with it Spuds!

What utter rubbish. If Tottenham go on to win it, it will be a great achievement, as any premier league win is, and they will deserve the plaudits. However, comparing it to the achievement of relegation candidates winning the league is ridiculous, and I’m sure most sane people around the world would agree. What a plonker this guy clearly is, but then I suspect this is deliberately provocative for air time. 

Everyone likes to say that the only reason we won it was because all the other big teams had an off season but looking how they fared in Europe:

Champions League

Man City - Beat Juventus to win their group, beat PSG on their way to the SF and lost 1-0 on agg to eventual winners Real Madrid.

Chelsea - won their group and beat by PSG in the last 16.

Arsenal - 2nd in their group and lost to Barcelona in the last 16

Man Utd - came 3rd in a weak group so we'll give them that one.

Europa League

Liverpool - beaten finalists to Sevilla

Man Utd - Lost in last 16 to Liverpool

Tottenham - Lost in last 16 to Dortmund

So the teams that knocked out the English teams were all top clubs in Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla. Not too shabby at all and comparable to most years I hasten to add.

• Like 1

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

And just for good measuere habloodyf******gHa!

The guy is a complete idiot and if he's not banging on about Everton or how he's "all over this story" blah blah blah he's just name dropping about his friendship with so and so.

Spurs winning would be great for them and a top achivement but it wouldn't even be on the same planet as us winning it.

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

And just for good measuere habloodyf******gHa!

The guy is a complete idiot and if he's not banging on about Everton or how he's "all over this story" blah blah blah he's just name dropping about his friendship with so and so.

Spurs winning would be great for them and a top achivement but it wouldn't even be on the same planet as us winning it.

Don't forget his yellow tie the absolute fucknugget

Edited by Gerard

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Don't forget his yellow tie the absolute fucknugget

Oh God how could anyone be allowed to forget that!

He must have had such a tough job this last week trying to make the transfer window exciting.

They have some decent people but there is such a bias towards the big clubs it is almost embarrasing.

Jim White's trying too hard to be Adrian Durham. At least Durham is quite funny. Jim White's just a self-important twat who knows his special day is being seen for the shower that it is so this is his plan B.

No surprise people in the media looking for any excuse to spaff themselves over Tottenham.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Everyone likes to say that the only reason we won it was because all the other big teams had an off season but looking how they fared in Europe:

Champions League

Man City - Beat Juventus to win their group, beat PSG on their way to the SF and lost 1-0 on agg to eventual winners Real Madrid.

Chelsea - won their group and beat by PSG in the last 16.

Arsenal - 2nd in their group and lost to Barcelona in the last 16

Man Utd - came 3rd in a weak group so we'll give them that one.

Europa League

Liverpool - beaten finalists to Sevilla

Man Utd - Lost in last 16 to Liverpool

Tottenham - Lost in last 16 to Dortmund

So the teams that knocked out the English teams were all top clubs in Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla. Not too shabby at all and comparable to most years I hasten to add.

Sorry but their performance in Europe is utterly irrelevant, we know they had the players to do better than they did domestically they just didn't, they all had torried league campaigns and that is really all that matters, we could of got away with winning the league 72 points which is  shocking. They all had a poor season. Not that that should take anything away from us we were the best team in the league that year by a country mile, won the league comfortably and if no one could get close to matching us it not our problem.

I would totally agree it is a much tougher league this year, but obviously the point being made about Spurs winning the league being more of an achievement is bollocks and most importantly it wont happen. But then as others have said, this is just controversy to drum up a reaction.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Why does everything have to be bigger or better than something else? If Tottenham win it then they fully deserve it. It's a different achievement compared to us.

Did anyone think, when we won it, that it was better than Blackburn or Leeds or whoever surprisingly won the league?

The worst part of talk shows, this.

Absolutely. When we won the league it was magical. I am sure it would be the same for Spurs fans, if they were to do it (I actually don’t think they have a realistic chance.) There is really no need for comparisons and no benefit in this kind of debate. Like the Ronaldo v Messi stuff - why not just appreciate two fantastic players and not bother with pointless comparisons and arguments that reach no conclusion.

I am happy with our place in the history books and would be happy to see other sides win titles in the future. 

It's stuff like this that highlights exactly how much our title win shook the foundations of football. It constantly sparks debate, bewilderment, gets referenced and draws comparison with so many situations and events. Doing a Leicester.

Title wins for the usual clubs will just be numbers in future years but 2015-16 will be remembered for ever.