Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

“If Spurs were to win the title, it would go down as a bigger achievement than when Leicester won it”

No way in hell the only way any team could beat achievement would be if someone came straight up from the championship and won the top flight first time asking, so say I don't know Norwich came up next season and won the top flight then that would be some achievement. Spurs to be honest with all due respect have much better quality of players than what we had in 2016, the difference was Claudio managed to get best out of his squad every week in his first season. 

I agree tbf. before we won the league we'd won a few carling cups in the preceding 20 years, but had the three best players in the league. 

before now, spurs have won a few carling cups in the last 25 years and don't even have any particularly good players. it would be one of the biggest achievements in sporting history if spurs ever won anything. they're a complete nothing club with a history of winning completely nothing. why they ever get mentioned amongst the actual good teams in the league is beyond me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely an unsuccessful attempt at comedy? Even tabloid clickbaits tend to be subtler and more balanced

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Spurs are too much like England... got the talent, got the potential but just don't have the bottle. Always falling short come the finish line.  

Are you serious? England went to 4th place at the World Cup last year as underdogs or dark horse at best, is that not having the bottle? Surely it has to count as something, it's not 1960s anymore! Germany, Poland, lots of other teams who went home after the group phase would give everything to bottle their World Cup campaign like England did lol Maybe they were bottlers in 2016 (the Iceland game comes to mind) but they surely aren't now ;)   

Tottenham have been finishing 2nd or 3rd last three seasons so naturally people expect them to be title contenders... and then as the season unravels we can enjoy them bottling it on all fronts! lol

Edited by Chester Dontlie

Blue tinted specs aside - I think they missed a decent debate wording it the way they did.

After hearing this earlier, I fixed a tap while munching on a Greggs Steak Bake. I then put on an imaginary Jim White radio hat and considered an alternative wording...

'What's the bigger achievement?
*Spurs winning the title from here minus key players and lack of transfers
OR
*Leicester's handling of a run in they were consistently predicted to choke.

Two situations much more in line with each other as opposed to comparing an entire season of the underdog, against the run in of a team expected to challenge but never expected to win.

But what do I know, I'm just a fat plumber.

Of course it would, I mean come on, Lads it’s Spurs The Scouse.

But seriously, compared to when we won, the general populace were 100% (ish) with us, this is the complete opposite. It’s amazing to see. :scarf:

8 hours ago, Spudulike said:
Image result for spurs top of league for 13 mins 2016

You're out of date.......the latest DVD was released last week entitled 'In The 2019 League Cup final for 90 Minutes'.

Getting back to subject, The media love in with Spuds is another reason I loathe them so much. I read the BBC sports, or Sky sports pages out here and I can almost guarantee there will be between 5 and 10 headline features on them every day. Why? They are lucky to be in a big population area to give them a 'big club' status. OK, they have been around the top 6 for a few years, but apart from that they've won little to give them that status, especially in the last 25 years. The hype over them is way over the top.

I sincerely hope they won't ever win the Premier League.