Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Sky Package - Special Offers

On 08/02/2019 at 20:11, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I pay around £125 per month for full sky tv package, Sky Talk, and Sky broadband. Is that good or bad?

I think I can beat you there in having the worst deal on here.

£143.10 a month.

Broadband, Landline, Sky Q, Sky Q mini box. 

I think for that price there must be a hole in the side of the box where I could insert my appendage and get pleasure from. I’ll have a look later. 

My Sky Q package has gone up again. I'm almost at the end of my term with them so will be looking for a new deal soon.

We have Sky Q multiroom, Sports, Movies, broadband (which is not as good as we had before) etc etc and it comes to £127/month!

Need to look at other options!

Got 25% off Sky just by phoning up and asking for a discount.  Did the same with broadband and mobile providers as well so no need to change email address (which I need for work) and 5 times as much mobile data.  Energy company couldn’t do much so I had to switch but no big deal.  In total I saved £85 a month which is a grand over the year.  Quite pleased but kicking myself for not doing it earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Would it be a straight foward process to cancel my current package and just rejoin as a "new" customer.

Surely im being ripped off if all the same stuff is available and provided by the same company for around half the price i am paying.

Cancel contract, sign up again under a different name, this used to work back in the day, not sure about now though. Or just phone them and haggle, demand they put you on the above mentioned contract or you will leave, probably the easiest option

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

Would it be a straight foward process to cancel my current package and just rejoin as a "new" customer.

Surely im being ripped off if all the same stuff is available and provided by the same company for around half the price i am paying.

You have to cancel and wait so many months until you become eligible for new contracts with the same provider. 

On 03/04/2019 at 11:24, CUJimmy said:

Got 25% off Sky just by phoning up and asking for a discount.  Did the same with broadband and mobile providers as well so no need to change email address (which I need for work) and 5 times as much mobile data.  Energy company couldn’t do much so I had to switch but no big deal.  In total I saved £85 a month which is a grand over the year.  Quite pleased but kicking myself for not doing it earlier.

???

don't rest...keep looking every 6 months or at least once a year...Across the whole board of these "luxurious" items. Plus then the energy-company offers...

even when you have changed once,there are always chances to squeeze these extortionate prices.

• 2 months later...

My Sky TV reception is very intermittent. Some days the picture is broken /cuts out on most channels whilst on other days its completely fine.

Any ideas on this?

The weather has been fine so not putting it down to that and I've tried all the troubleshooting options on the website.

Dont mind calling an engineer out if they'll fix it but last thing I want is to call them out on one of the good reception days and have them tell me its fine / have them do fvck all....

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

My Sky TV reception is very intermittent. Some days the picture is broken /cuts out on most channels whilst on other days its completely fine.

Any ideas on this?

The weather has been fine so not putting it down to that and I've tried all the troubleshooting options on the website.

Dont mind calling an engineer out if they'll fix it but last thing I want is to call them out on one of the good reception days and have them tell me its fine / have them do fvck all....

Moving sky dish or cabling to the sky dish is damaged.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Any ideas on this?

First thing to check is the f connectors at the back of the box. They might be shorting or loose. Then check there is no damage to the cable, just a visual run along from box to dish. Failing that, have a look at the direction the dish is pointing in (the line of sight) and see if anything new has been constructed or grown in the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Moving sky dish or cabling to the sky dish is damaged.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

First thing to check is the f connectors at the back of the box. They might be shorting or loose. Then check there is no damage to the cable, just a visual run along from box to dish. Failing that, have a look at the direction the dish is pointing in (the line of sight) and see if anything new has been constructed or grown in the way.

Thanks, will try checking the wires a bit more thoroughly. 

Live in a block of flats (only 3 flats high tho) so the dish is above those. There are some rather large trees in the direction of the dish (pointing the correct way) so maybe they've grown just about enough to cause issue.

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Any ideas on this?

Does it happen when you open a window by any chance?

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Thanks, will try checking the wires a bit more thoroughly. 

Live in a block of flats (only 3 flats high tho) so the dish is above those. There are some rather large trees in the direction of the dish (pointing the correct way) so maybe they've grown just about enough to cause issue.

Is it a communal dish or your own individual dish?

5 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Does it happen when you open a window by any chance?

That is a decent shout. Could test it whereby we some windows closed / open. Bit sh ite in the summer tho!

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

Is it a communal dish or your own individual dish?

Not sure, there are two in our block of six tho I think its only us and the guy next door who have sky (he's never in so havent been able to ask). I changed the settings as per the sky website regarding settings for a shared dish. Maybe a q for my flat admin.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Edited by Nalis

10 hours ago, Nalis said:

Any ideas on this?

We had issues with pigeons landing on ours, got some bird spikes on it now and rarely have any issues now.

• Thanks 1