Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

After today....

We have a run of 9 games that we really should be picking up 12 to 15 points before the tough final 3, top half finish, no chance of Europe, can we just try and enjoy it until pre season starts and see which players we are left with... :scarf:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

We have a run of 9 games that we really should be picking up 12 to 15 points before the tough final 3, top half finish, no chance of Europe, can we just try and enjoy it until pre season starts and see which players we are left with... :scarf:

You surely know how that’ll go. We’ll only pick up a handful of points over the next 9 games losing to the likes of Huddersfield along the way, before beating Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City. It’s the Leicester City way. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

And of course we will never be relegated again (do these people not know  our history) 

I think that’s why people are worried about Puel because we know how easy it is to drop down

all it takes is a player exodus in the summer e.g maguire, chilwell Vardy and if we don’t replace well we could quite easily go down 

Just now, chapero82 said:

I think that’s why people are worried about Puel because we know how easy it is to drop down

all it takes is a player exodus in the summer e.g maguire, chilwell Vardy and if we don’t replace well we could quite easily go down 

I believe Vardy has to go anyway I’m not sure he is a constructive element in the dressing room , and we need to splash big on a proven striker , stick with the manager and in the long run we will be ok 

I think a lot of the FT-fans didn't realize the seriousness of the situation. In the back round table we are 19 and without the 6 Christmas points against Chelsea and ManCity we would be in the relegation fight and that completely right. Only Huddersfield plays slower than we do. 

It's gonna be pretty tight. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I believe Vardy has to go anyway I’m not sure he is a constructive element in the dressing room , and we need to splash big on a proven striker , stick with the manager and in the long run we will be ok 

Unfortunately I don’t think there will be any “big splashing” on players vet the next few years..... mainly due to to situation in Thailand and the fact it’s clear the king power leaders are investing money more carefully following the recent events. I think it’s going to be a case of surviving and stabilising for a few years. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

You all keep saying stick with the manager, but where is your proof he will come good? Every outlet that knows him says this is his style of play!

We haven’t improved since last season and we have only won 2 games at home since September...

And we have beat 3 out of the top 6 ! For me there is a bad apple in the barrel we need to sort that and move on , it’s just a personal opinion , I’ll respect yours 

It isn’t the managers fault that certain players keep missing chances they should have scored from. 

The remainder of this season should be used to continue the development of players like Barnes, Choudry Maddison etc.  So long as we don’t get sucked into a relegation battle, which is unlikely, I’m not bothered where we finish this season. 

Then the fun and games start, cos they’ll certainly be 1 or 2 key players move. We’ll definitely need a top striker, because imo, sorry, but Vards has had his day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Unfortunately I don’t think there will be any “big splashing” on players vet the next few years..... mainly due to to situation in Thailand and the fact it’s clear the king power leaders are investing money more carefully following the recent events. I think it’s going to be a case of surviving and stabilising for a few years. 

I can’t see them being our owners by 2020/21 , I think we will be owned by Arabs by then , just a personal opinion/theory 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

The 9 games after Spurs will be decisive for Puel.

All winnable, we'll be favourites for a lot of them, can we get the wins? 

100% agree with this,  unless we collect 12 pts from those games I would say the owner will change him , if we get 12+ he will stick with him , but maybe until a certain player starts acting like a baby and requesting moves in the summer and that could be the end of Claude 

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

It isn’t the managers fault that certain players keep missing chances they should have scored from. 

The remainder of this season should be used to continue the development of players like Barnes, Choudry Maddison etc.  So long as we don’t get sucked into a relegation battle, which is unlikely, I’m not bothered where we finish this season. 

Then the fun and games start, cos they’ll certainly be 1 or 2 key players move. We’ll definitely need a top striker, because imo, sorry, but Vards has had his day. 

Well said sir 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

And we have beat 3 out of the top 6 ! For me there is a bad apple in the barrel we need to sort that and move on , it’s just a personal opinion , I’ll respect yours 

Wow beating 3 out of the top 6 is really your argument?  We have lost to more below us lol 

53 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

You all keep saying stick with the manager, but where is your proof he will come good? Every outlet that knows him says this is his style of play!

We haven’t improved since last season and we have only won 2 games at home since September...

You could be right, he may never come good. His style of play though requires players comfortable with the ball at their feet and being able to pass the ball around comfortably. He hasn't had a centre mid able to do that yet (except Iborra who for whatever reason was deemed not good enough and now possibly Tielemens), so the football we have been seeing i would imagine isnt the football he is wanting. We have lacked a decent striker to support JV and creativity other than maddison who cant do it on his own. Defensively we've been better than we ever have in the premier league and if Puel got 2 or 3 more top signings in key positions in the summer, then he may be able to implement his ideas in a more productive way. Like i said though, you could be right, things may never get better under him and if we have a poor finish to the season he'll be gone anyway. 

• Like 1