Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

If only...

4 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

To be fair the Leicester City stadium was decent on champions league nights

To be fair yes they were good.

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tbf these guys are away (I think?) in a CL knockout round, if anyone who went wasn't pumped (even milder and older people) what's the point in supporting a football club.

Yanited are at home tonight.

On Sunday afternoon as the boys walked out we managed a pretty pathetic ‘lestur, lestur,lestur,lestur’ for fifteen seconds .... I commented to my son that at the king power, all the decent teams have a good loud song for their teams when they come out. I have already commented about the KP atmosphere and been told it’s to do with the performance of the team. Away from home I was to say the least, disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

On Sunday afternoon as the boys walked out we managed a pretty pathetic ‘lestur, lestur,lestur,lestur’ for fifteen seconds .... I commented to my son that at the king power, all the decent teams have a good loud song for their teams when they come out. I have already commented about the KP atmosphere and been told it’s to do with the performance of the team. Away from home I was to say the least, disappointed. 

Might help if the club actually had a song that everyone wanted to sing.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t think it helped that lots of people weren’t ‘allowed’ to stand. Wembley is the only ground I’ve been to where the stewards actually bother to enforce no standing. Anyone in our block who was stood more than two minutes was met by at steward telling them to sit down!

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Don’t think it helped that lots of people weren’t ‘allowed’ to stand. Wembley is the only ground I’ve been to where the stewards actually bother to enforce no standing. Anyone in our block who was stood more than two minutes was met by at steward telling them to sit down!

I’m not sure you can blame the stewards. Our away fans (some tend to sit down) are similar to Burnley, Swansea or a hull (not sure if I’ve missed any out but those tend to have groups of people sitting down at the Kp). Eg some tend to sit down as a preference rather than being told to do so. 

Notning wrong with sitting down but I can see how it may spoil the experience of going away from home for some.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I remember going 1-0 up away at Arsenal in the title winning season and 3pts there would have probably made us odds on as we had an easy run in after that so that goal was massive. Half the fans went nuts, the other half got their phones out to film it. 

Absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Our away fans (some tend to sit down) are similar to Burnley, Swansea or a hull

I think that's harsh. On our day we can be decent, and hold our own for a club of our stature. Saying that, we do seem to have got quieter in the past few years, though. 

2 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

I think that's harsh. On our day we can be decent, and hold our own for a club of our stature. Saying that, we do seem to have got quieter in the past few years, though. 

I agree. We are very capable of having a very good away end; we do seem to lack consistency in that department though lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I’m not sure you can blame the stewards. Our away fans (some tend to sit down) are similar to Burnley, Swansea or a hull (not sure if I’ve missed any out but those tend to have groups of people sitting down at the Kp). Eg some tend to sit down as a preference rather than being told to do so. 

Notning wrong with sitting down but I can see how it may spoil the experience of going away from home for some.

Our away support is better than those clubs listed. We do take numbers (even if some do need to go to general to sell out), the issue is noise.

• Like 1

There were certainly a lot of tourists in our end (particularly that block which was mainly general sale) on Sunday.

The final straw, after the stewards had walked up and down the aisle and most had quickly sat down, was when a group waltzed in on 25 minutes with popcorn (wtf!?) and started complaining about those remaining standing as they couldn't see. I doubt they even supported us, or even really cared given the amount of time they spent on their phones. 

Had to move for the second half as it was so pathetic over there in the first.

Sad.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I don’t mind either, if I’m at the front then there’s not always a reason to stand, if the person in front stands then you stand up, or pay £30 to stare at someone’s back for 90minutes (not blessed with being tall!). There’s definitely a variety of age groups on the road - I wouldn’t expect a child or older person to stand for 90mins/at all. I just thought it wasn’t needed for the stewards to be so hot on it. Understand it, but it’s commonplace at every other ground, why is Wembley any different! Sunday lunchtime games seem to be sluggish noise wise for some reason. The stadium being half empty doesn’t help either 

• Like 1