Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

What's Wrong at Leicester City?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

There is nothing wrong at Leicester City.

We had the incredible success of the Premier League & CL QF & are now building something special off the pitch, around the pitch and on the pitch with a core of young players (principally English), and if we are not asset stripped - will be challenging the top 6 within a couple of years.

However:

In the media - there is jealousy over our achievements and our players (and a concern that we may upset their nice little cartel of Big 6 clubs) and how nice it would be if the young England players (Chilwell, Maddison, Gray) weren't at the likes of us

In our own fanbase - there is a lack of patience and frustration at the ability to find a style of play that works at home

There are some players who may be frustrated at lack of opportunities: but that is not the sign of anything wrong: just the sign of a competitive squad!

We are in the best place we have ever been as a club and the only thing that is wrong is all from outside the club.

Did you listen to what they said? it was very balanced imo.

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Why don't you just tell us your interpretation of what they said. GoldenFox was very reasonable with what he/she said.

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

Why don't you just tell us your interpretation of what they said. GoldenFox was very reasonable with what he/she said.

In essence, although if you get the time, please give it listen.

That Puel has built solid foundations, but won't be the man to take us to the next level, his disconnect with fans and style of play although possession based and results will be his undoing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

There is nothing wrong at Leicester City.

We had the incredible success of the Premier League & CL QF & are now building something special off the pitch, around the pitch and on the pitch with a core of young players (principally English), and if we are not asset stripped - will be challenging the top 6 within a couple of years.

However:

In the media - there is jealousy over our achievements and our players (and a concern that we may upset their nice little cartel of Big 6 clubs) and how nice it would be if the young England players (Chilwell, Maddison, Gray) weren't at the likes of us

In our own fanbase - there is a lack of patience and frustration at the ability to find a style of play that works at home

There are some players who may be frustrated at lack of opportunities: but that is not the sign of anything wrong: just the sign of a competitive squad!

We are in the best place we have ever been as a club and the only thing that is wrong is all from outside the club.

:appl:

Best post I have read on here for ages, and so succinct too!

I don't mind that some fans don't like the manager, that's just par for the course in football. But as you've said there is literally nothing wrong with the club. We are in a building phase at the moment. It's like living in a house that hasn't been finished yet! We just have to be patient!

It took us more years than we would like to get out of the Championship... but then when we got promoted we did fairly decently :). That patience in the Championship was worth it!

• Like 3

What's wrong is that we have a change manager in. Nobody likes a change manager as they put people's noses out of joint and rock the boat.

The good thing is that he's getting on with it and making good progress. 

This transition will be painful but it hasn't been that bad really. Normally when we're trying to do our best we end up in the bottom 3. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

As Jonathon Northcroft alludes to on that podcast, we may well look back upon Claude Puel with some gratitude in the long run. It has been his job to transition us and that was always going to be tricky. However I'm not convinced that he can make a full success of it. There are too many weaknesses with the man himself that I just can not ever see changing.

I think he's put some good foundations in place but I'd want someone else to come in to build the house and decorate it.

Nicely put.

9 minutes ago, Ricey said:

As Jonathon Northcroft alludes to on that podcast, we may well look back upon Claude Puel with some gratitude in the long run. It has been his job to transition us and that was always going to be tricky. However I'm not convinced that he can make a full success of it. There are too many weaknesses with the man himself that I just can not ever see changing.

I think he's put some good foundations in place but I'd want someone else to come in to build the house and decorate it.

That's about where I fall. I get what he is trying in terms of a change of style and that probably means younger players who are schooled that way and someone finally had to be allowed to dismantle the title side almost completely. 

That however will be his undoing, even if we hold onto these players I still don't think he's the inspiration needed long term. But someone else may well benefit from the foundation's laid.

Sound familiar.

Chillwell, madders, Barnes etc will all benefit from the minutes this season and long term that's great put Puel, rightly so IMO will pay the price for the results. Hopefully that comes as soon as the season ends and the owners can find the right man to finish the job before pre season starts.

Otherwise I fear for us next season. Especially if we lose all the experience we have in the squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I'm at work, so only listened to a couple of snippets: it did seem balanced & it is a very valid observation that there is a disconnect between the manager and a proportion of the fans. (As evidenced by some responses)

Which makes the title of the podcast "What's Wrong at Leicester City" so unnecessary. It implies there is something amiss by asking such a leading question in the first place & simply seeks to reinforce the view that there is something wrong regardless as to whether that was where the debate led or not. (It was the title as much as the content that irked me).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

I'm at work, so only listened to a couple of snippets: it did seem balanced & it is a very valid observation that there is a disconnect between the manager and a proportion of the fans. (As evidenced by some responses)

Which makes the title of the podcast "What's Wrong at Leicester City" so unnecessary. It implies there is something amiss by asking such a leading question in the first place & simply seeks to reinforce the view that there is something wrong regardless as to whether that was where the debate led or not. (It was the title as much as the content that irked me).

That’s a valid viewpoint the title does lead to being irked, wasn’t my intention though just mainly to reflect to on what the journos had to say.