Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

What's Wrong at Leicester City?

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

That’s a valid viewpoint the title does lead to being irked, wasn’t my intention though just mainly to reflect to on what the journos had to say.

My comment was directed at the title of the podcast - not the title of this thread, which was a fitting description of what it was linking to! 

7 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

If I was to pick fault with the club at the moment it would have to be recruitment. Generally poor since lifting the title. Seem to have a success rate of 1 in about every 4 players signed. 

That's a well trodden argument...

But on Saturday, the team that outplayed a title chasing team away from home contained 1 outfield player from the title winning team (Gray - who was a bit-part  player signed half way through that season).

The other 9 outfield players are all players who we have signed - or who have come through the youth team.

Not too shabby when you think about that!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

That's a well trodden argument...

But on Saturday, the team that outplayed a title chasing team away from home contained 1 outfield player from the title winning team (Gray - who was a bit-part  player signed half way through that season).

The other 9 outfield players are all players who we have signed - or who have come through the youth team.

Not too shabby when you think about that!

We lost 3-1. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Northcroft is excellent, his book about the title was a brilliant read.

It is interesting that he thinks there is no way back for CP. My hunch is that he has to deliver regular performances like that at Spurs, particularly at home, to get a crack at next season.

It won't happen as it's still too early, I think Northcroft's bang on the money when he say that CP is a goner.

I think he hit the nail on the head when he said we'll look back favourably on Puels time here. Whilst some of the football has been a painful watch, the squad he has started to assemble as well as developing youth players like Chilwell, Hamza and Barnes has been excellent work. I feel his future will be decided by our results from now until the end of the season. Positive perfomances like against Spurs and Man U have got to turn into wins very soon. If we can get 6 or 7 wins from our remaining games then he may have a chance of carrying on the transition. If not, then someone else will benefit from his work, like Ranieri did with Pearson. It was interesting to see his assesment after the spurs game where he said the players are now playing the way he wants them to and now they just need to take their chances. Its been clear previously that hes been frustrated on the sidelines when the players haven't played as hes wanted them to. Hopefully for him it's not come too late. 

• Like 1

We're witnessing a period of stability and growth that I don't believe we've ever seen. The expectation was always going to be pretty high after the title win, and some folks may feel as though we've dropped back into obscurity, but that's far from being the case. Winning the Premier League and making it to the Champions League QFs didn't just lead to additional money in the bank, it put the club on the map, and no-one is gonna forget that anytime soon. Those of you moaning and groaning at the moment due to our change in identity and current stagnation should take a step back and look closely at how much has changed over the past few years. If you were to do that, you'd realize that the future is in fact, looking very bright. Our team is following in the footsteps of Dortmund and Ajax, in that we're focusing primarily on talented youth. We'll also soon be looking at one of the best training grounds in Europe, to nurture said youth. Our owners have set all of this into motion, and they won't cave easily when bigger clubs come sniffing around because they've set their sights on us competing with these clubs.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong at Leicester.

Another great performance.

Great result.

Those who think Puel is crap, dont have a clue.

Puel is great.

He has a great strategy.

Points for playing youngsters.

Points for shots of target.

Points for effort.

Points for headless chicken impersonations.

Points for destroying a team.

Puel is pure genius.

or, Maybe he does not have clue what he is doing.

Edited by step
spelling