Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Bloody hell Col!

I simply think this squad needs sorting out mate. Enough of the pretty football and leaking goals like a sieve. Dyche would get us organised defensively and I think the players would back him.

I also think he’d join us AND the Burnley fans would be devastated 

With the new training ground being built and the stadium expansion, I can't see them going for someone like Dyche now.

If they want to take the club to the next level they have to go out and get a big name. It would probably appease the fans a little bit too. 

Do we want a manager that's going to get us 7th/8th for the next few years? Or do we go big, get a manager we can pump a fortune at who can attract a few big players? 

I'd like the board to be ambitious in there new appointment. 

When we signed puel it wasn't ambitious enough and didn't lie with the fans much at all. It would be great to see them going for a conte Rogers howe. Someone with proven prem experience. Going for a puel wagner ect is a cheap option that will get us 12th at best

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

With the new training ground being built and the stadium expansion, I can't see them going for someone like Dyche now.

If they want to take the club to the next level they have to go out and get a big name. It would probably appease the fans a little bit too. 

Do we want a manager that's going to get us 7th/8th for the next few years? Or do we go big, get a manager we can pump a fortune at who can attract a few big players? 

So your saying we should go for Neil Lennon right?

I know it was the perfect storm and all that, but just remember what Ranieri's recent record was when we got him. What happened next was against all odds (and expectations) so recent record isn't always an indicator of how they'll perform with a specific set of players. Therefore picking someone based on great form now isn't going to necessarily guarantee success. 

1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

I don’t think we’ve got the finances to go to the ‘next level’ we are in danger of spending too much on wages for average players, we’ve either gotta invest some serious money and go after the top top players or go for the Dortmund / Spurs blueprint of developing younger players. 

For me id just rather us play the kind of football where we wear our hearts on the sleeeve and never give up, hence why I’d take Dyche

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I simply think this squad needs sorting out mate. Enough of the pretty football and leaking goals like a sieve. Dyche would get us organised defensively and I think the players would back him.

I also think he’d join us AND the Burnley fans would be devastated 

Ah. Back to the good old no-nonsense defending, kick players out of the park, lump it up to the big-fella days, eh? Sounds inspiring.

• Like 2

Benitez is well liked by fans wherever he has been and is a very decent manager at this level, if he’s available in the summer he would be my top choice. Rodgers if he wants to come To England as well.

Dyche would be in my Top 5 choices; I doubt we would make a left field choice we need someone that has managed in the premier league.

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m gonna stick my neck out and say I’d like Dyche and his back room staff.

This squad need a rocket up their asses and I think Dyche could make changes whilst still having the respect of the players.

He’s an established Premiership manager and has done wonders really with Burnley.

He’d be my ****

Fixed 

( damn censorship!! ) lol

Edited by MrsJohnMurphy
  • Haha 1

Hope our board thinks out of the box, and appoint a up and coming new face. 

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is available in the summer, he will be departing from Feyenoord at the end of the season. 

Also another good choice for Leicester would be Adolf Hutter who guided 'Young Boys' to win the Swiss Super league playing like Leicester did when we won the league. 

• Like 1