Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachel Riley - our newest fan...

2 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

someone please explain this obsession to me, please:D

It might be slightly inaccurate but this is my memory of it.....

Im pretty sure it was the (turnaround) west ham game in 14/15. We were losing, we were playing badly and MANY on here had already decided we were going down. About halfway through the game, to cheer us up, a picture of Rachel was posted in the match thread, immediately after that...we scored and the great escape was on

That post was effectively the beginning of the great escape, A rachel thread was begun for almost every game thereafter and... we went on to win almost every game thereafter.....which in turn led to the Premiership. :)

Its origins were (IMO) light hearted and became a superstition. Oh how we laughed whenever Rachel brought us an unexpected goal or win :)

Edit,

With respect to Austen (Australiana)  Tayshus it is Australian law that i have to say.... "I bet shes seen a Cockatoo"

Edited by ozleicester
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

It might be slightly inaccurate but this is my memory of it.....

Im pretty sure it was the (turnaround) west ham game in 14/15. We were losing, we were playing badly and MANY on here had already decided we were going down. About halfway through the game, to cheer us up, a picture of Rachel was posted in the match thread, immediately after that...we scored and the great escape was on

That post was effectively the beginning of the great escape, A rachel thread was begun for almost every game thereafter and... we went on to win almost every game thereafter.....which in turn led to the Premiership. :)

Its origins were (IMO) light hearted and became a superstition. Oh how we laughed whenever Rachel brought us an unexpected goal or win :)

Edit,

With respect to Austen (Australiana)  Tayshus it is Australian law that i have to say.... "I bet shes seen a Cockatoo"

I hope she knows about that thread!

• Like 1